Masters Running

Eastern States 20 mile race ----meet up? (Read 214 times)

I am hoping those of us doing the Eastern States 20 mile or the Run to the Border half-marathon on March 30 will be able to meet-up at some point during the festivities. I'll be taking the bus to the start, so I don't have to leave my car at Traip Academy. Perhaps we can look for one another at the Ashworth Hotel after the races and during the post-race party/award ceremony? The weather for Sunday looks okay (clear and in the 40s by finish time) and given that, I'll likely wear my orange baseball cap with 'Cuse emblazoned on the front (no lapel for a red carnation). I'll stick around for a bit. Its a 2 hour and change drive for me, so I won't be able to stay for long. Any other ideas are most welcome! Hope to see folks there! CNYrunner---Karin
    Henrun

Karin, We'll be at the Ashworth after the half (Marj hopes to bike). I'll look for you.
        hey Karin - i'll be taking the bus up to kittery as well.........what time are you hoping to get on? i think they start at 7:15 ........i was thinking of shooting for a bus at 7:30-7:45ish but flexible there....i will probably wear a white boston marathon cap for running and for getting on the bus i'll wear my red boston marathon jacket to be visible...............after the race sounds good too........how long do you think it will take you to run? i hope you won't have to wait too long afterwards for me to finish, but i know you are much faster then i am...........denise

denise

Denise, I am not sure when I'll be getting to the bus, but I'll aim for 7:30 and I'll look for you as well. We'll figure it out somehow! I am goofy about sharing my time plans in advance, but don't worry...I'll be there at the end too. Henry and Marj-----I'll be on the lookout for you as well! See you soon, Karin
          btb1490

I just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone, and that I'm insanely jealous that you all get to meet up like this! Have a great race!
            coastwalker

I also want to wish you all a great race, and a great time meeting up afterwards. I was keeping my eye on the Half, but am recovering from an injury, and doing this race just isn't possible. Cry FYI, we've got about 3+ inches of very wet snow on th ground up here, as of noonish on Friday, and it is still coming down. Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be chilly but sunny, so the roads should be in very good shape by race time. Have a blast!!

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sorry about the injury Coastwalker....next time okay? We aren't that far away and I am sure I'll be back for a race or two. Take care of yourself! My guys are coming with me as it turns out, so it's looking like the best bet for a meet-up is at the start. Does the half start at Traip Academy as well? Look for my orange cap and I'll look for you guys as well. I'll also hang out at Ashworth afterwards, but knowing my 11 year-old....we may not be there for as long as if I were there solo. Anyway, see you there and I am wishing us all a great race, clear roads and kind winds. Karin
                  well, glad you'll have company for the ride Karin but bummer about not being able to meet up for the bus ride - the 1/2 starts at a different location so that we all finish in the same area............hopefully we'll find each other before and after the race - i'll be looking for you!! my husband and a few of my friends are planning on meeting after at the hotel as well to celebrate my birthday - should be a fun day!! coastwalker - sorry about your injury and that you won't be joining us - heal well!! btb - we'll see you for boston!!

denise

Henrun

We'll be starting the half at Wallis Sands Beach. I'll be wearing my orange Boston Marathon hat (see avatar)and my New England 65+ Running club singlet (over a long sleeve shirt, of course-brrr). Marj hopes to be on her bike but is trying to recover from a bad cold. If she isn't biking she'll be wearing her red 2005 Boston Marathon jacket. Hope we all connect at some time.