Masters Running

New Month Monday Daily, 12.1.14 (Read 32 times)

Thanks Tet!! 

denise

C-R

Hi everyone. Those were some great photos yesterday.

I walked past the scale but merely gave it a nod. Its detente between us. Sort of like the Us and USSR back in the 70's. I won't bother it if it doesn't bother me. However, I was motivated to start doubles again and eat healthier beginning today. Hope I can make it through Christmas.

Well gotta get some more work done. Deadlines loom.

Cheers,

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mariposai - though I was still too beat-up to run this year’s Seattle Marathon after trying to keep up to mega-larry and his entourage of 400-marathon goddess at the Wattle-Waddle Marathon on Thanksgiving morning, I was at the International District aid station (mile 3) when a pack of about ten singleted men   swooshed by in the 24-degree chill and, literally moments later, the scantily-clad leading woman. Temps warmed up when they broke out into the sun on the Lake Washington floating bridges at mile 5 and the rest of the way but the men's winner still finished with an icy moustache as if he’d been running up there with Erika instead of the supposedly temperate PNW..    
        No SM running for me didn’t mean I couldn’t joining the Marathon Maniac’s annual post race festivities at a nearby pizzarina with the Big Three founders (who authorized my membership in 2005 after Aamos forced me to admit I was one too after running that year’s SM and Ghost double), SLR (newly-entered into the 2015 Western States 100), Divechief’s superfast friend Mary from those days, etc. 
        holly - thanks for the “Red” Spicer jalepeno obit, and “hammering-by-rocks” quote. I’ll forward it on later this week with due credit when some things settle down and let you know.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)