Masters Running

Friday Leap Day Runs and Workouts (Read 611 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

JJJ - love the picture, love the smile! My vote is for the sporty model. Live a little...... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Bob, simply by reading your post, a person can estimate the size of your heart. The down side to having your capacity for caring is that feelings can seem overwhelming. In my book, that's not really a down side. When you feel joy, it's also overwhelming. Though it's tough right now, there are brighter days ahead. You've earned a lot of respect in this forum that exceedes your capaicty for miles. Hang in there

SteveP

btb you are a very empathetic person. It is good the world has people like you in it. You have done what you can for your homeless acquaintance. Her decision to refuse all help should not bring sadness to your life. Enjoy your life, material things like a hot shower included. You have certainly earned what you have.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tech undies shown here, may be unnecessary, the jury's still out on that one, or in, or sequestered, whatever. jjj
          You never fail to say something completely original, and to put a huge smile on my face! Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

PJH

btb - don't know you that well, but I do appreciate what you contribute to this thread. It's late here in TO and I just came in from shoveling snow ...lots of it. But a very reflective time outdoors ...one of those rare moments. Your post today is now adding to that reflective time. Nice job at recognizing the running efforts of everyone here. Kind thoughts from north of the border! No running today ...rest day. Easy 3-4 miler planned tomorrow in advance of a HM on Sunday. Will be running with my "mentee" tomorrow at the local Y. Our local children's aid society is pilotiing a program designed to have 10 teens complete a relay as part of our local spring marathon. Each kid has a mentor and we run with our mentee 1-2 times per week. It's not only about achieving individual goals, but also coming together as a team. We've just started up, so it will be interesting to see how it evolves. Great kids ...and nice to be able to give something back. My DW and I had to cancel our dinner invite to my son's place. Snow made travel difficult. I miss my grand-daughters. They truly are a joy! Have a great evening everyone! Great running and x-training! PJ