Masters Running

Frodau's Daily, 10.17.14 (Read 34 times)

We get up to the ticket window and she proudly announces, "My husband is a senior citizen. He gets in free today," and the lady in the booth, without batting an eye, hands us 2 free seniors passes.  The Saint, who has a decade fewer years of wisdom than I do at 58, was steaming over this.  I said, "I didn't see you insist on forking over the 17 bucks." I sure had fun with this the rest of the night.  I kept asking, "Are you tired?  At your age you shouldn't be walking all over this park."

Ribs, this happens to us all the time too. I get some sort of senior pricing and they automatically give it to my DW, who is 10 years younger. She's frugal though, so doesn't mind at all.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

wildchild

Carolyn

Tet, I also wish I'd discovered how fun ultra running is when I was younger.  I ran my first ultra last year at age 55, but I plan to run them as often as I can till I can't anymore.  And you're NOT a wimp for doing the 20 miler - heck, I'm only doing 8 miles, and I'm not a wimp! 

Happy travels, Holly!   Hope you get greta weather!

Say hey, Amy!  You're pretty tough yourself, running in that Florida heat!

I ran 12.5 sluggish trail miles today.  Tomorrow is a rest day because I'm racing Sunday - a local 15k trail race.  I signed up for 3 shorter trail races on 3 consecutive weekends (8.5 miles last week, 15k this week, and 8 miles next week at Cougar Mt.)  Since I never do speedwork, I figured shorter trail races would  help me work on some speed, and have some fun at the same time.  But that means I have to do my long runs during the week.  Working part time from home has its benefits!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Good grief, I'm blushing.... With all the treadmill running I've done the last couple of winters, I hardly deserve all of that!! I just don't want to deal with the bundling up aspect of it, and we've had so much ice the last couple of years and I don't like ice. But... it's warmed up to 33° now and it looks gorgeous out there!

There are no wimps around here. You guys all rock.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Gionfrido Tet?

Exactly.

no, St. Louis from those days.

Mariners now.

amy - help

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

8.6 miles, most of the way home. DH picked me up at the bottom of our road which was perfect timing. I didn't want to run up that 2 mile hill to home anyway. A little cooler than yesterday, I think it was about 30° when I finished.