Masters Running

Wednesday, May 14th Daily Running Thread (Read 554 times)

...Strength and Peace to Your Heart munch//.... ...you know you're in our prayers......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

The Jogger

I second what Tom say's.... This to shall pass Roy
      wildchild

Carolyn

Mari and CNYrunner, I looked at the Youth for Understanding website, and will share it with DD when she gets home from school today. I also think it would be cool to host a foreign exchange student here. Any of you done that ? Vista, thanks for the idea to bump up my goal to 2000 km. I don't think I'm quite ready for 1500 miles, but I'll re-evaluate in another couple of months. Erika, be careful what you wish for. I was thinking a summer off would be nice, then I got laid off. I've actually been kinda bored. Of course, DD is still in school for another 3 weeks or so, then I'll have her to do stuff with. PDR, you're tough! After you didn't puke or faint, you sucked it up! Munch, hugs to you. Good luck with the MRI. I took Tazzie and Ladybug out for a muddy 3.1 miles around the neighborhood. The snow on the roads has mostly melted, and some parts of the roads are dry but some are still very muddy. The snow on the grass is still sticking, so everything looks very white and wintery. It's a comfortable 45 degrees out, though, and the run felt good. I even charged 4 or 5 of the hills!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Mari and CNYrunner, I looked at the Youth for Understanding website, and will share it with DD when she gets home from school today. I also think it would be cool to host a foreign exchange student here. Any of you done that ?!
          Yes, we had hosted a student from China a couple of years ago and we are planning to host one next school year. It is indeed a very interesting experience. We learned so much from our student. Also our first son went to Germany on a program with them for six months a few years ago. Great program and great team to work with.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Top 'O the World!

Good Afternoon folks! Hope the day has been gracious to you all! 5.07 leaden miles after work....maybe I'll rethink this "later in the day" thing Confused not sure where my energy went...'nother storm comin' in... {{{{{{{{{{Hugs & Prayers for Donna!}}}}}}}}} psst Donna, I signed up for TNT Smile TY!
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              The 1,500 mile challenge is on between Halllar and Hopeful4ever.
              "Challenge?"...did some one say "Challenge?" I'm up for that 1500 mile challenge. I'm on track to get 1000 miles which would be a personal best year for me. I'm ahead of the bunny in the 1000 mile group, but would be chasing him/her/it in the 1500 miles group. I like to chase things. I've got a schedule lined out through mid November. I haven't put a pencil to the total mileage, but roughly it looks like about a 25-30 mile per week avg. Good runs out there today. I got in a nice 6 miler @9:51 pace. Gentle rain that last 3 miles. Beautiful! Munch...praying for your strength comfort and perfection.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                5.2 in the pouring rain. 9:30 pace. Just getiing in my runs waiting for the 24th. Make the jump Evryday, Hopeful and I went from page one and ahead of the bunny to page 3 and a few miles behind the rabbit. Vista has done all the complicated algebra and he says we can do it so it must be true. Big grin Wildchild with all her free time this summer will be joining us before long she is just sand bagging and laying low. Wink Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

GreenMan

2 mile walk with DW jjj
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    happy wednesday everyone!! i went to spring track tonight!! alternated walking with running for a total of 4 miles.......have a little sciatica type pain but not too much......doing some traction, PT exercises and will ice.........hope this is a good start back for me!!

denise

evanflein

Wildchild, I think I could be off work for a couple years before I got bored... I am never bored... except at work. I can always find things to do around the house, plus running during the day when the weather's still nice, etc.... I was tired today, didn't feel like running at all. It didn't help that the beautiful weather we had this morning turned pretty carpy by the mid afternoon. I did get out for a 1.5 mile walk at lunchtime but by the time 5 pm rolled around it was really windy and spitting rain... Angry My least favorite running conditions. So I told DH I thought I'd just bag the run tonight. Kids were hungry, laundry to do, etc, etc. He said "I don't think so..." He knows once I get 3 miles in, I have to make it 5. And once I'm over half way to my goal, well... he knows me well. So he took over dinner prep and I went down to the treadmill. I actually like my treadmill every now and then. I only use my iPod on TM runs, never outside. And I missed it... So, did a .25 mile walking warmup, then eased into running at 8:49 m/m for the first mile with Red Hot Chili Peppers on the iPod. Then bumped the next mile up to 8:34 and turned on DS1's dance/techno music playlist... cool stuff. Progressive run on the treadmill... 1 @8:49 1 @8:34 2 @8:20 2 @ 8:06 8:34 for the last 1.13 mile... 7.13 in all. Walked another .25 mile to cool down a bit. Hit the showers, grilled steak dinner ready when I was done. Yes

Marathon Maniac #3309

Wildchild, I think I could be off work for a couple years before I got bored... I am never bored... except at work. I can always find things to do around the house, plus running during the day when the weather's still nice, etc.... I was tired today, didn't feel like running at all. It didn't help that the beautiful weather we had this morning turned pretty carpy by the mid afternoon. I did get out for a 1.5 mile walk at lunchtime but by the time 5 pm rolled around it was really windy and spitting rain... Angry My least favorite running conditions. So I told DH I thought I'd just bag the run tonight. Kids were hungry, laundry to do, etc, etc. He said "I don't think so..." He knows once I get 3 miles in, I have to make it 5. And once I'm over half way to my goal, well... he knows me well. So he took over dinner prep and I went down to the treadmill. I actually like my treadmill every now and then. I only use my iPod on TM runs, never outside. And I missed it... So, did a .25 mile walking warmup, then eased into running at 8:49 m/m for the first mile with Red Hot Chili Peppers on the iPod. Then bumped the next mile up to 8:34 and turned on DS1's dance/techno music playlist... cool stuff. Progressive run on the treadmill... 1 @8:49 1 @8:34 2 @8:20 2 @ 8:06 8:34 for the last 1.13 mile... 7.13 in all. Walked another .25 mile to cool down a bit. Hit the showers, grilled steak dinner ready when I was done. Yes
                        WOW Erika....what a great hubby you have Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I love to run!

Great job everyone! Cool S-t-r-e-t-c-H / Abs / and a quick 3 miler before meetings... Roll eyes
                          One More Mile