Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E NOV.16TH (Read 333 times)

Dark Horse- 22 miles + 400 pushups and situps +weights Dg- 14.7 miles + walking + stuff...good job Dutchie- 35.2 K...nice week eliz-15.5 miles + 1.8 walk...sweet evanflein-12 pool miles + 43.4 stat. bike + rowing,elliptical + weights + abs...this week's x-training queen evryday-Please get better soon... fatozzig-25 miles including a great trail run lyndenrunner-47 miles...getting there nowor-18 miles + gym stuff...one day maybe... pfriese-51.5 miles ...another super week tetsujin-Another perfect week for you my friend
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:12 Tue-Off Wed-7@8:20 Thur-Off Fri-5@8:04 Sat-13.5@9:34 Sun-8@7:44 Total=38.5 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: nothing Tuesday: 9 miles on the treadmill, 100 pushups, 100 situps, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 50 wrist curls Wednesday: 3 miles on the treadmill, 30 pushups Thursday: nothing Friday: 1 mile on treadmill, 2 miles on track, 75 pushups, 107 situps, National Guard duty Saturday: National Guard duty Sunday: National Guard duty Totals: 15 miles running, 205 pushups, 207 situps, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 50 wrist curls A light week, but OK considering I had three days of National Guard duty. Pleased that I made my highest score ever on the Army Physical Fitness Test on Friday, and as a result finally earned the Physical Fitness Excellence patch after 15 years in the military. My time of 12:50 on the 2 mile run was my fastest since basic training in 1991. I think I can do better, though. 42 miles so far this month. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        Dutchie42

Thanks again Gordon. Mon...was in an accident. Some @$@$ rear ended me. It aggrevated the problems I have from a severe whiplash from 8 years ago. Taking it easy so my head(ache) and neck can recover, quick. Tue...same, insurance company wants to send an "expert" to assess the damage to my car before allowing repairs (it's an old car). Whole process will take 3 weeks (including repairs) @$%%@ Suspected mild concussion: headache, problems focussing (concentration), kind of like there's something off with my sight (think I see writing "double"). Weird. Wed..got to go attend this finance course out of town. Let's call it a planned rest day Big grin And I just remembered: haven't done my 'homework' yet. Headache and neck pain are much better. Thu...Still have a headache. My neighbour (registered nurse) advised to go see my gp but I know better. What's he gonna tell me? Take plenty of rest and a painkiller if need be? Fri.....Head is feeling more and more better every day. Sat...headache barely noticeable, so went out for a 3.4K doggie test run Clowning around Was fine during and after. Sun..not sure I should log the 5K of today. Was a pretty bad run with lots of walking. Think eating crap for a week caught up with me. Erika: mine's an old car (9,5 yo), but have never had any costs, accept annual maintenance check, and has low mileage (I bike a lot). After all the remodelling I've done in the past 6 months, can't afford a new(er) car. Besides, I know mine's a good car, if MEN would only stop driving into it (7th accident, always a male driver, always their fault. They can't even park properly Confused ). Total mileage:

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks Lyndenrunner! Mon....rest..................rest Tues...4miles...............6miles Wed...6miles...............6miles Thurs..rest.................rest Frid....6miles...............rest Sat.... rest................6miles Sun... 9miles...............9miles Total....27 miles
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            evanflein

Dutchie, hope you're ok after that accident... and if it's an old car and a lot of damage they might just total it out? It is a real pain, but you'd get a new(er) car...? Wow, early start for this week! I'm traveling to Seattle for meetings this week, so have no idea what I'll be able to fit in. Sure hope you can do something about the weather, Gordon! Monday: Travel day... Tuesday: 30 min (3.3 miles) elliptical, 30 mins. (7.45 miles) stationary bike, 15 mins upper body weights. Wednesday: 45 minutes (5.3 miles) elliptical, ab crunches, lots of walking around Seattle downtown Thursday: 30 minutes (3.5 miles) elliptical, chest/upper back/shoulders/arms workout, lots of walking around Seattle Friday: 30 minutes of pool running after work. Saturday: 46 minutes (5.66 miles) on the elliptical Sunday: 36 minutes (4.4 miles) elliptical, 30 minutes (9.31 miles) stationary bike, .5 mile walk c/d, almost 30 minutes of upper body weights. Totals: 3 hrs, 7 mins elliptical (22.16 miles); 1 hr stationary bike (16.76 miles); 30 mins pool running; 4 x strength/abs workout. Plus walking, measured and not. I sure miss running...
                Thanks, Gordon. Crazy week ahead of me. Grades due, paper due, big event with students on Wednesday. Will NEED to run to keep my sanity. Monday - cross-studying (reading the textbook and taking notes while pretending to listen to class discussion this evening), but no real workout Sad Tuesday - 2.7 carpy miles running and 0.7 walking; good news is that I didn't need to buy new shoes, just tying them differently and trying new socks; bad news, feels like I'm starting from scratch with the orthotics, so it might be slow going for a few outings Wednesday - WIPED OUT from an all-day choral festival with almost 200 boys, half of them 5th & 6th graders; stretching and quad strengthening, half-delirious, in front of the TV Thursday - still beat and not home from school until almost 7:00 from choral fest follow-up; more stretching/strength and some Pilates Friday - work-at-both-jobs-70+-miles-apart day = no running Sad greta day at school and at rehearsal, though Saturday - by the time I "finished" studying (it's not really finished, but I was fried, there was a thunderstorm and gale-force winds, thus, unwanted rest day Sunday - managed to run 5.4 and walk 0.9 on the boardwalk in winds steady in the low 20s and gusting near 40 Carpy week in terms of running - only 8.1 miles running and 1.6 walking - but GRETA week in lots of other ways, so I'll try not to whine. Undecided This transition to cold, dark, wet, and windy is gonna be a tough one! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Hi All - Hope your week goes well. I leave Thursday to fly to Riverside for a conference. Unless I can find a trail somewhere, I think I'll end up having to do my 15-mile LR on a treadmill. Undecided Mon - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats (5 long, 5 short) ap: 10:08 Tues- 1 hr core/strength Wed - 6.32 hilly, humid miles w/a 9:58 ap - Love the down part of hills! Thurs - 11.68 trail miles - terrible long run, long story, yuck. Undecided Fri - Conference Sat - Conference Sun - Conference/Travel

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

thanks gordon! Leslie, I hope you find a trail. Erika, speed healing to your foot. OOPS. a little behind. {{{{ Dutchie! }}}} don't know what my week will bring either. still shin & piriformis problems, & the foot I hurt sunday is still an issue, i'm being careful so it doesn't turn into another full blown 'thing'. plus am feeling seriously carpy, not sure why. but it will pass. the challenge is being smart. ha. there's always a first time. Smile. i hope! mon:... 1/2 hours of callanetics tues:... I was sick tues & wed, & a little through the week. assorted exercises each day but not worth writing down. wed:... (see tuesday -) ) thurs:...3.16 mile run, 9:39 pace, 20 min. on the elliptical, 2 sets on the weight machines, stability ball as usual fri:... 3.11 mile run, 10:02 pace, 15 min. on the bike, 1 set on weight machines & assorted other stuff from trainer guy. still a little sick, thurs. was too much. whine whine whine. sat:... some prehab, assorted everythings. learned about hyperbolic geometry. Smile. still have no clue. sun:... 7.33 mile run, 9:51 pace (frozen face) by the river, 31 min. elliptical, 20 min. bike, lots of stability ball stuff, stretch & whirlpool. sorry so late Gordon. i'll just take the totals from the summary in the log. except for untracked walking.. usually a mile per run so 3 miles. 13.6 miles running, 35:08 min. bike, 1 hr. + on the elliptical, weights & other stuff not timed. best guess is 3 hours. thanks. i'll do better next week. oh, that's now isn't it. Erika, can't wait to see you running again.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks gordon. another perfect taper week. one to go until tammy`s birthday run on 11/23 in preparation for marathon week with francesca in the full and you in the half, . . . plus maybe some certain Canadian goddesses. see you there. uhmmm, no particular reason, but have you ever been to the Pink Door? 11/09/2008 - 11/15/2008: 0.0 Mi 11/02/2008 - 11/08/2008: 0.0 Mi 10/26/2008 - 11/01/2008: 0.0 Mi

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Thanks Gordon, M - rest day T - 2 miles @ 10:00/mile W - rest day Th - 7.8 miles @ 9:37/mile F - 4.2 miles @ 10:00/mle Sa - 9.4 miles @ 9:37/mile Su - 13.1 miles @ 11:00/mile ______________________________________________ Total -36.5 miles - Done Paul
                        nowor

Trip to NYC made for a short running week. W-9 mi (longest run in quite a while) Th- strength training AM ; yoga PM Friday-5 mi-warm, drizzly Sun-yoga Summary: 14 mi + yoga