Masters Running

Powerful Thursday (Read 44 times)

Hello friends up and at them. It's going to be a great day! no run yet just core workout planks sit ups, etc. I coach my speed group tonight,t  the workout is 2k warm up then 12x400 meters with 2 minutes rest and then 2k cool down. Pants are getting loose around the waist. That 6-8 pounds of spare tire is coming off! And my friends call name disciplined.ha ha.

Have an amazing day! Crush obstacles and welcome patiently the opportunities in your lives. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

...mornin' tall//////

.......some advise for mikeE//........I find it helpful to invent my Own definitions of stuff here I don't understand

BTDT

could be-

Bring the Duct Tape

Bite That Dog's Tail

But The Damnest Thing

or

Beware The Distant Thunder

=========

.............just a thought

...........CIWYL.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Thanks for the inspiring thoughts, tallrunner and congrats on shedding off those pounds. Persistence, right?

tomwhite, you are way too funny.

So, is it Thursday that Holly would not care anymore Blush

Anyone has heard from hopeful4ever and deez4boys?

Well, Thursday is gym night for me. They have extended the hours that the local high school gym opens to the public (think commercial size gym here)  on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which will allow me to do my MLR there instead out on the icy streets. Yes, I don't enjoy running on TM, but better safe than sorry. Only 4 more weeks to March!!

Carpe Diem my friends!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

Weird, it posted twice. Sorry

Joking

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Running later but skimming while I eat an early lunch.

MIke (and others)--many of you know this but a very helpful feature of Google is that you can quickly search for a definition of just about anything by typing "define:"  (no quotation marks, just define with a colon, followed by the tern you're searching).  So, for example:

define:BTDT

This is my secret to appearing reasonably intelligent online while actually being an idiot in real life.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Quick stop by, hello all.  Great attitude Tall!

4 miles at easy pace today and feel just fine.  Whew!  Thought I was going to be tired for the rest of my life!  Spareribs

Tramps and TW, you make me laugh.  :]

I almost told a whiny student to HTFU this week, but that term is so 2000's...

2.4 little miles today, because my calorie app told me I had a deficit to make up.  But it was definitely worth getting out there.

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks, Tramps...now I really feel like an idiot...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mike--BTDT.  Many times.  You get used to it after a while.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

Got my 10k at lunch and legs are feeling better. Must be a good day for that eh Ribs?

Nicely said Tall.

I like your thinking tw - Back TDrink Tea; Better Take Double Tips and so on.

Have a great one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks, Tramps...now I really feel like an idiot...

Hey Mike, I gave you a link yesterday, didn't you see it? link for Mike

It still feels wrong to post here when I haven't run (or even plan to) yet. I do read the dailies and try to keep up.  I've been thinking about Enke a lot.  What a tough situation, but glad that you're going to be proactive about it.  How long will you be in AZ?

Twocat - I'm a big chicken on the ski slope.  I never did well and was terrified of falling, which I did often.  A tumble like your wife's sounds awful.

Steve - I liked the pictures of the sledding/birthday party.  We used to have blizzard picnics, but they were inside with hotdogs over the fireplace with all the snowed in neighbors.

MikeE - you've been getting in your workouts and I'm just sitting inside waiting for the weather to change. We don't have room for a treadmill and I just can't get to the YMCA anymore.

tomwhite and tramps crack me up too!  It's good to hear from Tall, arf, Econo and even TomD just like in the Coolrunnng days.

I've had a cold for about a week now but am anxious to run again since I'm feeling better now.  I don't have any planned races and that's what I need to get myself motivated. I need someone to drag me to the YMCA.  It's pretty chilly here but is actually up to 0° the wind chill is at -24°, however.  I even brought my lunch to work today so I won't have to go outside.  Speaking of lunch time, I've gotta go!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Watching code run so here I am again!

OrangeMat this is the most important question I have ever asked here:  How did you create that animated web page!

Various Acronym Challenged Posters (VYCP) go to http://www.acronymslist.com/ and all of your acronym related troubles will be over.  Not much good for running injuries I am sorry to say.  Sad

Mike E better to feel like one than be one!  Wink

Econo now if it were not for those pesky student reviews . . .  Fortunately, I have no class where they expect me to be a SOB (for the lost click on the link above Cool) which means that I can vent in full when students do a third rate job on an assignment.  Alas, this is not true of any of my other classes.  Sad

No running for me today.  But tomorrow . . . Instead I did some gym work.  But, what I would really like to do is deep six this cold I have!  Dead  (StarrRuns a week!  No, please no!!)  The day's misery from it was then made all the more potent when the lights in my house went off.  A wind storm has been blowing through my part of CT and quite a bit of the SE section lost power.  (Having trouble with CT and/or SE? Click that link already!)  According to CL&P it is now back so perhaps I can return home and be miserable there instead.  (CL&P?  The link dagnabbit!)

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey Mike, I gave you a link yesterday, didn't you see it? link for Mike

Yes--it kind of scared me.  Actually, it was pretty cool...andit  made me feel like an idiot...thank you.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Don't feel bad Mike. I actually belong to a club called Idiots Running Club on FB. We're proud to be idiots.