Masters Running

Happy Squirrel appreciation day Tuesday 1/22/2013 (Read 54 times)

Tramps

Good cartoon, Dave

Mari—that looks gorgeous.

Maine--great race, though I’m surprised Ribs let you slide on the green neon shoes and red shorts.

Econo--always nice to hear from you

Jlynne—that article sounds all wrong.  When I ramp up mileage, I’m hungry all the time!

Tom—congrats on impending grandfatherhood! (Is that a word?)

Chilly and windy here, too, though nothing like what many of you endure.

EZ 7-mile sproinky RAL

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

Been reading Scott Jurek's Eat and Run. I am a decided carnivore and love a good steak but his vegan recipes will be attempted in our house soon.  The rest of the book is really good as well but it only talks about running. Big grin

that's it? just running? doesn't he even mention the small local medford race he ran a few years back and the tall, blond gal, named tammy he chatted with afterwards? sheesh, guess that tammy must have been pretty boring and forgetful. . .

Tammy

C-R

that's it? just running? doesn't he even mention the small local medford race he ran a few years back and the tall, blond gal, named tammy he chatted with afterwards? sheesh, guess that tammy must have been pretty boring and forgetful. . .

I'm only 40 pages into it so there's lots more to read. I will keep a sharp eye for that story.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tammy - Big grin

Congrats to Sarge on the 1st place finish!

Congrats to TSelbs on the impending grandpahood!

JLynne - I didn't see the article, but to me, after I've logged some hard fought running miles, the last thing I want to do is screw up all those calories burned by eating too much.  Thus, I have a very hard time with my recovery eating, and it tends to bite me in the butt.

Smoked meatloaf?!?  My heart be still!!  I make a frigging mean meatloaf.  I shall have to try the smoked method.

I'm looking for a new workout DVD for Tues/Thurs.  The 3-part one I have doesn't belong to me, and unfortunately, I need to give it back.   Haven't used a DVD in a long time, and this particular set put out by a local health club a number of years ago has "Strong Body," "Stable Body," and "Ripped Body."  I did "Stable" today (about 35 min), which is A LOT of core work, and Eye-Chee Momma!  My abs are feeling it this afternoon.  I must say, though, that because of the strength/core training I've been doing over the past few weeks, it wasn't as bad as the very first time I did the workout. Then it was - Shocked.  If I can figure out how to copy these DVDs before I give them back, that'd be great.  Probably illegal, but great! Wink

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

got in a 5 mi run at lunch. I only glanced at my garmin a couple times so was pleased to see that each mile got faster when I reviewed all the data at the end: 9.47, 9.37, 9.14, 9.10, 8.49.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Been reading Scott Jurek's Eat and Run. I am a decided carnivore and love a good steak but his vegan recipes will be attempted in our house soon.  The rest of the book is really good as well but it only talks about running. Big grin

unfortunately, he didn't include my idea about running barefoot

ps lynne - thank's for summarizing the hunger/running article.

I'd like to show it to my retired physician IM mentor.

Is there a URL?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops, whoops

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops,whoops, whoops.

gotta watch that trigger finger

must be all the talk about squirrels

Mike E

MM #5615

Maybe if her arithmetic skills were a little better...

Yeah--it's below 0 here, too...I am not looking forward to 12 miles on the treadmill...

TammyinGP

yeah, that's probably it Mike. We ran a 10K and I told him congratulations on winning this 8.1 mile race. I'm sure he wrote me off right then and there. I always wondered why he didn't join us in another So.Or.Runners race again.

plus, i'm sure he was much more thrilled talking to Tetsujin.

Photo

Tammy

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks tom/tammy.

Now where is that naked picture of tom in the pool.

As for my thrills Tammy, mine was with you in the hot t.,., I mean first five miles of the 2007 Eugene Marathon

Glad it was then as, with all your consecutive sub-10 miles, you're getting faster-and-faster

TammyinGP

thanks tom/tammy.

Now where is that naked picture of tom in the pool.

As for my thrills Tammy, mine was with you in the hot t.,., I mean first five miles of the 2007 Eugene Marathon

Glad it was then as, with all your consecutive sub-10 miles, you're getting faster-and-faster

This was a nice memory too eh Tet?

Tammy

Mariposai

Tamster and Tet's feet!!!

Yeahhh the picture sure bring back great memories. Boy, we are overdue for another get together, aren't we?

My great day at work was matched by a good run at the gym tonight. Only 3 easy miles, which included some hill repetitions (if you can't run fast because your lungs will not allow you, you might as well hit the them hills is always my way of thinking)Clown.

Spareribs, I will have to try your smoked meatballs recipe, but it will have to wait until the weather is warmer around here.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard