Masters Running

Wednesday (Read 39 times)

Wow,  what a difference a 20 degree drop in temp. makes. A quick 3 at a 7:20 pace, now off to try and get caught up on a kitchen remodel.

Happy running to all that follow.

SteveP Tag has a tough life!  Good thing you never started him on jamón serrano!  Deli raids on that can get quite costly!

tetsujin209 getting into wildchild territory there!

Ran 8 miles from zombies this morning.  Along the route there is a field in an area called Nyala Farms.  Some mornings a very peaceful looking mist settles in and this was one such morning.  For once I stopped and took a picture (no zombies in the area) and here is what the field looked like:

Mist on the field at Nyala Farms.

Peaceful runs to all that follow!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

good morning!

well, I've caught up 3 days worth.   probably most of it's fallen out of my head already....

twotigger, your profile pic makes me happy!      and your running route pic is beautiful.

I'm sorry too about so many losses..  no doubt there are more than I'm aware of.

Steve I've been meaning to ask you for a Roman update.    I'm so glad that he's ok, and it sounds like at least you can stay in contact with him.     Sometime fill me in on what happened, if you get a chance.   ok?       Hi to Taggy.   Tell him I'll buy him a double dipper if I ever get back up there!

hmm, what else did I want to say.    oh.    tw, you are awesome.   tet, you're a dear.

Mariposai, neat morning walk ; ).     Your RR for the light at the end of the tunnel marathon brought tears to my eyes.    How's everyone recovering?

It's such a beautiful day I don't even know how to handle it.    But I'll make a good effort.    Just ran 3 this morning because it's all I had time for, & my hip/back stuff is out again.... I have a new really wonderful doc, & he adjusted everything last week, but I had a rental car, & everything was out again by the time I got to work.    7.12  yesterday, slower than I thought.   

ok back to work.     hi everybody!

Tramps

Nice pic, twocat.  We have something similar, though not as picturesque, on our road.  I'll see deer there from time to time, which adds to the postcard quality.

runr-nut--I'm hoping those cooler temps make their way east!

Joe--sorry to hear of your family's recent losses.

Steve--you got me.  I thought the punch line was going to be that Tag wanted to join the petting zoo!  You are a nut. Big grin

Carolyn--hey, quit padding your log! Wink  Sounds like you've got DH trained well.  "Only" 50K. Roll eyes  Maybe you can sign up for a 50-miler and say "It's only a 50" and he'll assume it's 50K.

CNY--very cool racing by your friends.  That's teamwork.

If you like classical music, I just noticed that Pandora now has a "classical complete" station that plays full-length works. I'm trying it now for the first time, so I can't vouch for it yet.  (It's playing Glen Gould's Goldberg Variations).

I watched a documentary on the life of the Buddha last night which mentioned that, reportedly, his last words were: Strive on, untiringly.  Wouldn't that make a great running T-shirt?

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

I started watching that docu also Tramps - but then kept going back to the Mariners Game, got sucked into it and forgot to go back to Buddha. I'll have to see if it's showing again and just DVR it. It looked interesting.

Woke up at 6:00 to 73 degrees already!

Will get in a few miles after work. Have to meet DH at the custom hitch place to pick up his truck at 5:00. He offered to come pick me up from work first and then we'd drive over to get his truck. but since it's only about 2 miles away, I'll just run there. And probably take a longer route so I can get in more than 2 miles. Although I guess I'll wait to see just how hot it is at 5 pm to decide how many miles I want to be doing!

Happy Birthday to Opie today!!

Tammy

Twocat- glad the zombies didn't get you, that area looks like a good place for them to hide.

Thanks for all the welcome backs yesterday. Today an easy 3.5 with much more comfortable temps and humidity here.

SteveP

Love running in the early fog TwoCat. Thanks for the picture.

Tag and did a 40ish min run a trail we refer to as "Taggy's Psycho Path". He simply goes nuts out there.We crossed a creek and followed an old railroad line until it ended at a washed out wooden bridge. On the way back, on the other side of the creek, we heard some branches breaking. Whatever was making that noise had to be at least as big as me. I'm fumbling for the phone thinking, "Oh Boy!! A Bear!". It was only a dude wandering down to the creek with a fishing pole. We scared the heck outta him.

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

If you were running without a shirt, he probably thought the same thing.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...I love steveP's ''Tag'' Stories.................cam't wait for their next Adventure.......

=========

...120min hike...........90's......humidity felt about the same..

.........Leg not Happy

28min poolrun...no belt.....

Claire's coming tonight,

'cause she said she HAD to see her GrandDaddy....

Life is Good

...........good running guys..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Claire's coming tonight,

'cause she said she HAD to see her GrandDaddy....

Life is Good

Yes it is!  We need another Claire picture...

8 fartlek-filled miles for me this morning in 60 degrees with low humidity - felt awesome!  Might have been all those chocolate chip cookies I made (and ate) last night.  I finally decided that I wasn't losing any weight anyway so my family may as well enjoy some cookies....Smile

Hi DG!  Miss ya, girl...

Just-turned-11yo DD is lecturing me about not letting DS manipulate me.......Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

If you were running without a shirt, he probably thought the same thing.

If you're in the woods and you see a dog in a Batman shirt and an old guy in a matching shirt and tights wheezing away. Don't freak out. Seriously.

MTA..My colonoscopy is the 12th of Aug. Just in case things go poorly, I'd like to line up entertainment for my funeral. I really need someone to dress like the Grim Reaper and just stand there, some one to dish out ice cream and a Karaoke host.

SteveP

If you're in the woods and you see a dog in a Batman shirt and an old guy in a matching shirt and tights wheezing away. Don't freak out. Seriously.

MTA..My colonoscopy is the 12th of Aug. Just in case things go poorly, I'd like to line up entertainment for my funeral. I really need someone to dress like the Grim Reaper and just stand there, some one to dish out ice cream and a Karaoke host.

Steve with the number of people I would expect to be there I will pass on dishing out ice cream. A 3rd grader told me this year that I should be the next host of America's Funniest Videos, so I would like to be karaoke host.

Mariposai

Cranium in back... Hurray!

claire is coming home to see extra cool grandpa .. Hurray.

twocat, that is a lovely picture. Congrats for not being caught by zombies.

I found my lost yoga may tonight and it made me think if orangemat, I miss that girl here.

Busy day at work today, but at least my company while driving to my meeting was grand.

8 zombies miles for me this morning, no zombies around... I did not know that with a new version I had to turn the zombies loose from their cage Smile)). tonight was my usual gym diva core XT.

Life is grand!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody! I don't have much time but I wanted to ask you guys if any of you have done the Rocket City Marathon. I wanted to do Richmond but I really want to give this new training plan a whole cycle....and that means December 14th. Let me know.. Okay, gotta go.
                              evanflein

Mike, I don't think you need a full training "cycle" since you already have a high level of fitness. I think those full 12 to 18 week "cycles" are a waste of time for runners who are used to running high mileage and frequent marathons. Act like a maniac, dude.

Ok I'm so hopelessly out of date here... everyone refers to posts from the last couple of days, and if you're too busy to even lurk and read, you have no idea what's going on. Sorry folks, sounds like you're all doing well. If I missed something to the contrary, sorry....

I ran the Gold Discovery Run on Sunday (did I already post this?) and placed 8th overall for women, and 1st in AG. Legs were toast Monday and had the whole day sitting in training for MS Access 2010 (joy) and did not run. Class on Tuesday as well but got out a little early and ran 8.1 EZ afterwards, legs still tired. Ran 5.5 progressive pace miles on Wednesday at lunchtime, then 10.4 trail miles tonight after work. There, that's it for the running stuff this week.

Taking tomorrow off to go blueberry picking! The berries were thick on the Gold Discovery Run trail, and my favorite spot is a ski slope just north of the starting point for that race. Will run in the morning before we go.

Oh, some of you on FB already know this, but we got a new kitty last weekend. She's an older cat, dropped off by her owners at the shelter in the after hours cages. We adopted her the next day. She's beautiful, and slowly adapting to us, but she doesn't like our older cat. At. All.