Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 5.21.14 (Read 36 times)

Maniac 505

Mari:  Have a blast on the bike.

Amos:

""you go a date certain for the retirement dive? ""

Pretty much.  I hired a CFP last year to have a second set of eyes look at my numbers.  He said my plan should work well.  I expect to resign from Washington State Ferries at the end of 2015.  My merchant mariner credentials are valid until mid 2018.   I expect to work occasional jobs between when I resign and when my credentials expire.  There are a lot of short term jobs available with WSF, Alaska ferries,  Alaska Tanker company and others.  Just yesterday WSF tried to hire 30 entry level engine room employees.  they couldn't find that many people that wanted to go to work.

Retirement - Aaah!  A dream!!

This is fun video.  Makes me want a dog for the trails.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Psst...it looks like 50o--SW wind at 5 mph--sunny--4% chance of rain at the start of the Buffalo Marathon...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

As for getting lost, Kate's run that race before, so we'd better not get lost!  I'm taking my SPOT . . . just in case.   If I run into Bigfoot, maybe i can get on that stupid Finding Bigfoot show.  Personally, I think the guy's just camera-shy

You're gunna have so much fun.

Can you report in along the way

or do we have to wait until next week.?

Since Kate'll know the route, be sure to let her lead the way,

especially around sharp corners where

ya can't see if Bigfoot's waitin' or not.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet - Just for you, I will do my best to report in along the way.

This song has been going through my head all day:

(To the tune of "Tomorrow" from the Broadway show "Annie": TooMARrow! TooMARrow! I LEAVE here, tooMARrow, I'm only two days awaaay (fromseeingmyfriendsKateandKaren). TooMARrow! TooMARrow! I LEAVE here, tooARrrow, I'm only two daaaaaays aaaaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaayyy!

Tammy - I'll see you tomorrow later afternoon or so ~~

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Psst...it looks like 50o--SW wind at 5 mph--sunny--4% chance of rain at the start of the Buffalo Marathon...

Perfect marthon PR weather if you ask me.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

As for getting lost, Kate's run that race before, so we'd better not get lost!  I'm taking my SPOT . . . just in case.   If I run into Bigfoot, maybe i can get on that stupid Finding Bigfoot show.  Personally, I think the guy's just camera-shy.

We get reports out here on occasion. I'm sure further investigation would reveal that it's just some old guy and a dog. Both running around in Batman shirts.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie..."paws of fury"....hehe....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Introduction to tri classifications

swim. .  . . . ./ cycle . . . . .  run . .  . . . classification

0.25mi . . ., 10 ~12mi . . .. . 5K. . . . . .Super-sprint

0.5mi . . . .  10~14mi. . . .  . 5K/. . . . . Sprint

1.5K/1.0mi  25mi . . . . . .  .10K. . . .  . Olympic / Standard / International

1.2mi . . . . . 56mi. . . . . . . 13.1mi. ,., .Half Iron

2.4mi . . . . .112mi  , , , , , , 26.2 mi, ., IM

4.8mi. . . . . 224mi. . . . . . . 52.4 mi. .  double Iron

note: super-sprint/sprint may vary

Thanks for posting this, Tet. I guess the one I found is super sprint.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich