Masters Running

Wed Mar 12 Masters Daily (Read 557 times)

sounds like a great day for all!! i woke up with younger 2 sons from 6-7ish to make breakfast and see them off to school then went back to bed around 7:30 and next thing i knew it was 10:30!! can't believe i did that but guess i needed a little extra sleep!! gym day - couldn't face running in the cold drizzle again after being waterlogged on saturday!! 8 miles running with a bunch of speed intervals thrown in 1 mile alternating walking/jogging - total 9 miles in 84 minutes abs and some good stretching now tomorrow - 20 yr old is having urgent hand surgery - the young fool was in a fight on friday night backing up some of his "boys" - does he think we live in the hood?????? anyway - his RIGHT hand is broken and seriously displaced metacarpal so tomorrow needs surgery before the bones heal incorrectly - hopefully it's not already too late...........so annoyed with him - will be out of work as he is an electrician's apprentice and will be no good with pins in his right hand!! also - he needs surgery for a complete tear in his ACL from snowboarding that was scheduled for April 2 which now has to be put off until at least July because it will be that long before he can put enough weight on his right hand for crutches!! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me i will survive this kid's 20's!!!!!!!!!!!

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Denise, I hope your son's surgery goes well. Shoot, I thought I just had to survive my kids turning 18! I guess not, huh? The ACL tear sounds brutal, too. He's going to have a rough few months. Is it going to interfere with work/school??
        thanks teresa - it will definitely interfere with work ......... he'll probably be out for possibly 4 weeks until his hand heals enough then we'll see..........and when he does have his ACL repaired he'll be out again not sure how long - this kid is the one of my 4 sons that puts the grey in my hair!!

denise

evanflein

Denise, I think I have one like that... 13 year old DS2 just got notice he was accepted for the Alaska 1994 Boys' ODP (Olympic Development Pgm) at the Region IV camp at Linfield College in McMinnville OR this July. Very cool. Yowza... reading the letter further finds they want $750 for this honor. Ok..... This program is apparently just about necessary for college scholarships for soccer. DH says if we put all the money we spend in soccer, we could afford to send him without the scholarships!! Well... maybe. But it's an awesome experience for him. Headed out for 10 miles of EZ running with some MP miles thrown in, and found out that was not really the plan after all. Ended up with 11.27 miles, avg pace 8:16, with lots of rolling hills (and one steep .75 mile hill). Well, that was fun! Mile splits: 8:25, 8:13, 8:58 (that's that big hill), 7:39, 7:53, 7:57, 7:54, 8:20, 7:28 (back down that big hill), 9:00 (back up icy hill to home), 9:06, 7:58 (last .27 mile kick). Walked a half mile, and the coughing began. Temp was 25 with a little breeze, and my hands were cold for the first 3 miles (till I got to the top of that hill!).
          munchkn883

Oops, forgot to post. 3 miles pushing GD in her stroller. The weather was beautiful!