Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 10.25.14 (Read 32 times)

Is anyone other than Jay allowed to start one of these? I hope I didn't just break protocol.

Ran just under 8 miles this morning at a faster-than-usual-lately 9:30 pace. Started off with a group of almost 15, but with some going on or peeling off to do alternative routes, there were only about 7 of us together at the end. I was the only non-triathlete of the group, but enjoyed hearing the stories the others were telling. They all do a lot of traveling every year to attend various big events.

You know how people put those distance stickers on their cars (maybe some of you) such as 26.2, 13.1, or, for the Ironmen, 140.6? Well, I was behind a Volvo wagon the other day that had one speaking his mind about all of this: 0.0! Just had to laugh about that one.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  hope everyone is busy having wonderful fall Saturdays full of fun.

I am registered for Charlevoix!!!!

Good luck to all the racers and especially the Ultra runners.

I'm going back out to have more good times.  Did 10 this morning with a 5K stuck in there; 21:11--not my best this year, but better than the summer times.

welcome home Holly!

Hope Ribs has fun at his race and Dave and DH have a super time in Mackinac.

Hang in there Trackrat.

Pshew, good to know Erika--stay solid!

Is this weekend the Pacific meet up, tet, wild, et al??

Early half tomorrow am; hope to check in again before Monday

grins,

A.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

ok,

who told roch he could satart they Daily??

mornin' guys/////

=============

34min poolrun, no belt, deep end only

......still kinda sick,

but Endeavoring to Persevere......

...............Pickles and the Nurse-ing  Aunts are off to Italy next week so I will be left to My Own Devices

what could possibly go wrong??

..............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...ps ,,,,,,tried to spell ''Nursing Aunts'' correctly, but it gave the wrong impression........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...ps ,,,,,,tried to spell ''Nursing Aunts'' correctly, but it gave the wrong impression........

Watch out, World.  TW is about to be on his own again!!

Good luck to all our racers and RDs!!!

35 min of stat biking this morning.  Now we're hunkering down for the storm.  It was pretty cool how fast the wind came in last night.  Rain started around 2:00 this a.m.

My heart is aching this morning for the town of Marysville, WA.  I can't even imagine . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

It's sort of quiet here this Saturday.  Nice running and racing Aamos.

All this talk about Charlevoix has me thinking.  I don't see me running a half, let alone a marathon.  The area is special to my wife as her parents had a cottage about 12 miles south of Charlevoix during her growing up years.  They kept it long enough for our kids to have good memories visiting the grandparents there.  I'm wondering if I should be thinking about going up there to meet my RA friends and cheer them on.

This morning, it was in the high 40s and there was some wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:19 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Tom, you should go to Michigan to meet your RA family.

Resting here for tomorrow's run in the woods in the rain adventure. The night before the night before I spent the night salsa dancing with my other daughters. The trio danced with each other to our hearts content.

I will be driving to Enkie's place later this afternoon to hang out with her. I am so blessed to have this weekend away to rest up and enjoy life.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm wondering if I should be thinking about going up there to meet my RA friends and cheer them on.

Um . . . Yes!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm on the fence about this Michigan meetup - I haven't done a race in Michigan, and would love to meet some new RA friends -- but the race doesn't sound like much fun (paved and flat and crowded).   Hmmm....

Sorry that Tet won't be joining us at the Cougar Mt. trail race tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to seeing Enke and Posie!  Do you guys know if Dove is coming?

Having fun in Seattle visiting my DD.  She sings with a choral group called Seattle Pro Musica, and we're going to her first concert tonight!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Today has been busy and I am beat!

Ran with the State-Bound cross country team, this morning...then hustled over to the church for our fall cleaning day...and then hustled on home to haul 13 yards of pea gravel to the back yard.  Luckily, I had some help and one of my neighbors loaned me his Dingo--a walk behind front end loader.  So, instead of it taking me all weekend and all of next week, we got it done in about 5 hours.  But I'm still beat.

Hey!  good luck to all you racers out there!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

So... Amy has already registered? I might just have to do that.

Ran 5.1 miles tonight on the snowy bike path. The spikes were no help on the path but great to have on the intersections which were very icy. Other than that, there was no snow to "grab" and they just felt like slipping. Effort was hard but pace was faster than I thought it would be. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, and the bike path along the expressway is plowed so I might head there tomorrow.

Trackrat, no fair...!