Masters Running

Tuesday the 27th, and I'll see if I can beat Jay (Read 31 times)

Henrun

New to the site.  Seeing if there are any other crazy 50+ folks trying to get/stay in shape......

Welcome. As the retired shrink I'm in charge of treatment here.

Did 5 miles this morning in IRC. Foliage is still pretty but fading. Marj coerced me into signing up fora a prediction 5K in a couple of weeks with herDD and GD. I won one of those some years ago-should be fun.

Mariposai

New to the site.  Seeing if there are any other crazy 50+ folks trying to get/stay in shape......

We are all 50 plus and we love to have fun and we like running too. Welcome to the group. Do tell us more about you and your fitness goals

Our MikeE is one gifted runner

Enkie, take care of that knee

6 miles for me tonight before free gym group workout.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Welcome gooey and as others have mentioned, you'll fit right in. Tell us more about yourself. We're nosy that way.

Holly, maybe you missed it last night. How is Dexter doing? I've got doggies on the brain because Perchcreek had to say goodbye to his old friend Tory last week. Many of you might remember him.

Crazy busy day at work. I really don't like the pace and tone at work lately. We're under pressure to reduce headcount and simplify operations. Again. But this time, seriously, there's very little that can be reduced or streamlined. Makes for a stressful work environment, to be sure. I really needed my run at the end of the day. 6.1 miles, 8:11 avg pace. No wonder my quads felt a little tired there.

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - I meant to say something but forgot.  Dexter is doing great. He is barely limping at all now.  In fact, I have to take him out to the back yard on a leash because he can't be trusted not to break into a run, and he is not supposed to run for 6-8 weeks, but he feels so good he forgets.  He goes back to the vet to get his stitches out this afternoon.

Welcome G2G!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."