Masters Running

TimBo's 16 mile Marathon (Read 467 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

They would really give me a strange look when I told them how excited I was on her finish. They would say, "oh she won"? No, she came in 23rd and threw up at the finish line.
    This was just worth reading one more time...it puts things in a better perspective of what most of us go through, "trying" to explain our compulsion with running. Not running to beat everyone else, but running to achieve what ever goals or desires we have on a personal basis. Thanks everyone!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

King of PhotoShop

P.S. Does this poor woman know she’s the object of web forum discussions, complete with picture-postings?!
      She has been following this thread and the craigslist thread with great interest. I asked her if I could post her picture. She is a very good sport. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey buddy, and just so you have a great memory of your roommate, here's Kelly with a bottle of Shiner, a real man's real girl! Spareribs
        Hey, I just realized from the pic...she's not really blonde. I got ripped off, and I still think I got "Ribbed" off, lol, just kidding. Like a true gentleman, I took care of her the best I could. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I'm a little late to the game here. As everyone else has expressed, I'm sorry you were unable to finish the race, but am very happy you knew when to stop so that you could go on to run another day - but sooner than like 3-4 months down the road, depending on how bad things could've gotten. It takes a smart and strong person to know when to stop. You are obviously both. Take care of that foot -

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

She has been following this thread and the craigslist thread with great interest.
            oh sure, if she's really following it, where's her rr and, not that me having three of 'em already this year has anything to do with it, what she thinks of guys who DNF in front of her? Better yet, if she's even really real, how could the only feet in timbike's rr be his own and, not that I am overly interested or anything like that, not a word about her healthy-looking soles? ps - don't go thinking that it would make any of us envious of you for anything except running but, uhmm,.. did you take that picture? <>calling-the-saint/calling-the-saint)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

oh sure, if she's really following it, where's her rr and, not that me having three of 'em already this year has anything to do with it, what she thinks of guys who DNF in front of her? Better yet, if she's even really real, how could the only feet in timbike's rr be his own and, not that I am overly interested or anything like that, not a word about her healthy-looking soles? ps - don't go thinking that it would make any of us envious of you for anything except running but, uhmm,.. did you take that picture? <>calling-the-saint/calling-the-saint)>>>
              Huh Confused Would be nice if is she would post a RR....and what a great guy I was Tongue Big grin Tim

Tim, sorry I've been AWOL, but was traveling--we were talking about you Saturday at lunch in NYC. I just wanted to add my condolences AND to reiterate that you did the right thing. I did not exhibit such wisdom in my second marathon and hurt myself so badly I couldn't run for months. Really, months. Give your foot time to heal and pick another run--let us know, and I bet a lot of us might just try and be there! I am in the huge crowd of RAers who are proud of you. I really appreciate your post. You know, the next time one of us is in your running shoes, s/he may be influenced by your experience and make the right call and pull out before doing more damage. a tip o' the cap to you, A ps: and just want to add--reread divechief's post--I was there, at the Seattle Marathon when he pulled out after a mile. Get this--he went home, cleaned up, then came back to the race to welcome the rest of us when we finished. That took real grace and shows what a gent he is, and another example of how greta are the folks here. Cool
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Tim: this is the first chance I've had to read your post as well. I can't tell you how very disappointed I am for you and yet at the same time how very proud I am of you for making such a very wise decision by deciding to DNF. Although I haven't had to make that decision yet I know how difficult it must have been. I know that with your training and your abilities you will go far and "fast" (pun intended), just be patient and you'll be just fine. No actually you'll be better prepared with this experience behind you. So heal up and take solace in knowing that you did the right thing buddy. Wink