Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 6.11.14 (Read 36 times)

Took advatntage of the IRC that Marj also enjoyed

Tammy - love the family pic

Cat as an alarm clock?

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Tammy, nice racing for you and David even though the races were short and disorganized.  deez, sorry to hear there's no progress with the vertigo.  Mike, congratulations to your daughter.  fatozzig, family get togethers are great.  Tammy, congratulations to your son.  Dave, happy anniversary.

Nice long runs for fatozzig and Aamos.

This morning, there was a light rain but lightning was forecast so I did 4 miles on the TM at a 10:43 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein just in case you have a bumper crop despite the late planting, ship the excess c/o Twocat . . .

wildchild okay, I have to stop shake . . . shake . . . shaking from just looking at the elevation profile of your "around the neighborhood run."  Must stop . . . must stop . . . 

Mike E congratulations to your DD!

Fletch_NC when I was in high school I loved going to the harness track to bet.  My old haunt is, alas, long closed down.  I think harness racing is a very under appreciated sport.

Spareribs good for Hudson taking that course!  I do want to take exception to whoever is running it for holding what looks like an investment contest.  I really wish people would not do that.  Investing, is not like sports.  There is no special prize for being #1 and nothing for being #4.  If you make $1,000 and I make $999 I am just $1 less wealthy, I did not come in "second" and earn some grossly diminished prize.  Contests teach people lousy investing habits; bet big so you can win.

No running for me today.  My next run will be on Saturday.  But, on the good news front, yesterday was the closing on my DW's aunt's house!  I have been working on this for some time and it is good to get it done.  Her aunt is in a nursing home so I got allocated the job of selling the house.  Fortunately, a builder bought it so that meant I did not have to get the house in any kind of real shape for the buyer.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Howdy all, no time to catch up right now so will just selfishly post my news. I ran a triathlon today after work! I was off at 4pm, came home, changed into swimsuit and packed my bike clothes. I was in the pool by 4:30 to do my 8 laps, 400M is close enough, right?  I remembered my Garmin, but will need to read the book to figure the auto-milt import feature. I remembered to hit lap after every one but all my bike laps were in the swim portion. Where is breugger when I need him? I took some time to eat something before the bike part so left about 5:15 for that. The new trail that connects to the Olson Park trail is really nice and ended up to be just over 9 miles, perfect!  Man does that new bike fly, I just wish I had more skills and confidence But that will come.  I love the electric shifters, totally impressed with the setup. I had to make a phone call when put the bike away since the darn thing was beeping in my pocket the whole time. Somewhat rested for the run, but legs were kinda wobbly at first. No music to listen to for a change, but just a short 2.5 miles through Olson Park. I was all done by 6:30.  Temp of 81* is a bit warm, but I am NOT complaining.

Now I am off to the kitchen to make some food for these people that are coming to stay with us.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Oh, the landscapers came back and got most of the job done today, yippee!  This is what it looked like Saturday morning.

Taken through the window, but it looks a lot better!  We have new steps along the left wall, the semi-circle around the tree and a new retaining wall, lower right

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Dave -   Clean underwear is always a must.

Nice pic, Tammy ~

Tselbs - What - you didn't want to dance with the lightening??

Good job on the tri, Starr!

Well, well, well.  Got a call from my dad at about 3:10 this afternoon telling me he'd been in an accident . . . . in  my car.  Thankfully, he was not hurt, although he may have a sore shoulder tomorrow.  He's convinced it's the other guy's fault.  The other guy says it's Dad's fault.  The CHP came out and took a report, but from what Dad said about the accident, I will be surprised if anyone is found at fault.  No one who saw it stuck around to say what happened.  However, this is what my car looks like now.  *sigh*

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Lookin' good Starr!  And nice tri!

Not lookin' so good, Leslie.  But it's great that he wasn't hurt.

Happy anniversary, Dave.  It's so nice you found somebody to put up wit...I mean...it's so nice...ah never mind...happy anniversary.

So, I had scheduled myself to tun 6 miles, tonight...I set out to do 8...and I ended up doing 10.  I was running along, and really looking forward to being done because my legs are still getting over a two week rest, when I ran into an old cross country girl going the other way.  She graduated with Ryan back in...I don't know...5...6 years ago.  Well, I couldn't just say hi and let that be the end of it, so I turned around and ran with her for a ways....then she turned and ran back in my direction for a ways.  Anyway...this girl is really amazing.  She is a supervisor at Medtronic in Phoenix AZ.  She's home for a week after spending 2 weeks in Jordan teaching Christianity to anybody who would listen.  She would go for runs in the morning completely veiled.  She knows she's at risk, but she goes over there every chance she gets.  I could go on and on about this kid...it was nice running with her.

Okay--I gotta go bed.  My legs hurt.

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes..

Leslie, sorry about the car but glad he wasn't hurt..

Dave, happy anniversary!

Tammy,nice family pic!

Starr, nice job on the Tri! Guy I grew up with wanted me to do a Tri with him, but I'm not exactly a good swimmer..won't get me far in a tri lol..

Work has gotten in the way of posting and running..Had hoped to finally get only my 2nd night of speedwork  in  (i'm kinda slow) but wife had other ideas that included me getting dragged thru a mall.. no mercy..

finally got in 6 miles tonight..

evanflein

Dave, happy anniversary! And so glad you did the least you could do. I mean, c'mon... why not, right? I shared your post with DH, and he said he was glad you set the bar pretty low. Hey, wait... that's not a good thing. Dang you, Dave!

Very cool on your tri, Starr! I'm so impressed that you did that. I have this thing about tris that I just don't want to attempt a full deal. My SIL and I were talking about doing one as a team last year, with our soon to be DIL (for her) and "niece in law" for me (is that really a term??). Anyway, it didn't work out. But still, that's the closest I've come to doing one. Good for you!! Nice landscaping project, too.

Leslie!! So glad he wasn't hurt but big bummer for your car! Oh what a drag to have to deal with that.

Fletch and Irishguy, welcome and please post often. We love to hear about all sorts of stuff, as you can see by all the posts above.

Today being Wednesday, and following (somewhat) the Higdon schedule, today was the run-home-from-work day. Besides just the nice feeling of running away from the office, it's a good, rolling hills 10 mile run. Kinda cool today but that probably helped my overall pace and fewer stops to rest/recover than any previous run like this so far this year.

Since I have a marathon coming up in August, I guess I'd better start thinking about a training plan. This occurred to me on my run home tonight. I've been enjoying running whatever, whenever, so this training plan idea will be somewhat of a drag... but oh well, I guess I'd better sketch something out. S'pose I should plan a 20 miler or two sometime in July... right?  

SteveP

MikeE, your daughter rocks.

Enkie, goatboy makes me madddd.

Congrats Dave59. Love your humor.

I love it when Cranium pops in.

LaTortuga too

Sheesh, that stinks Leslie. 

SteveP