Masters Running

FRIDAY, Sept. 19 runs and such (Read 437 times)

.......aaaaaarrrrrrr ya scurvy road-clompers//////// ..only thing running today is me mucous membranes.......... .....................good running to the rest of ya.........aarr..cough.cough. Happy Pirate Day.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

GOOD LUCK ERIKA!!!!!!!!! RUN SMART HOLLY!!!!!! GOOD LUCK SUE!!!!!!! GO GET 'EM TERESA! and CHEFFY!!!! Fleet feet to all racers this weekend The rest of you scurvy lot?! Walking the plank fer sure! Avast! I love this holiday! Over and out----shaky internet connection in this hotel in Essex, VT and long day with a client today. Feet swollen and racing in the AM. Karin/CNYrunner Bill, I am SO glad you are here. Don't you go away again, OK? I am expecting to see you in Boston and soon!
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

DS16 had his first XC win today - it was at the Fryeburg Fairgrounds, on the border between Maine and New Hampshire - beautiful view of the White Mountains. The course wasn't laid out well - there were no markers anywhere. They walked part of it ahead of time, but then ran out of time. DS and his two teammates were well out in front. DS took a wrong turn, and everyone followed him! The coach said they lost 22 seconds. So DS finished in 16:54, a PR, but he wasn't happy with it. He said he felt way too good afterwards! I'm just excited that he got his first win! Then he drove the hour and a half home without killing us, so that was a plus. Wink This driving permit stuff is nuts. They should be 25 before they start driving! Shocked
        dg.

Karin, can I borrow this? GOOD LUCK ERIKA!!!!!!!!! RUN SMART HOLLY!!!!!! GOOD LUCK SUE!!!!!!! GO GET 'EM TERESA! and CHEFFY!!!! Fleet feet to all racers this weekend I sure hope so because I just did..thanks. good luck to you tomorrow too! Holly, thanks! I'll get back to you tomorrow. another good luck to you... you've worked so hard for this. I know it's just a 'long run', but some part of you is going to think it's a race. I hope it goes well. Teresa, that's great about your DS! TW, is this again, or still? get better! another yay for Enke. Nono, wow. back from the gym. ran a mile to warm up, did 3 sets on the weight machines, side planks (2 minutes), russian twists & some stretches. enough for today!
            Checking in late... Good luck everyone on their races this weekend. The cooler weather certainly is nice. 6.8 miles at 9:35 pace this evening which is super-fast for me, but I felt like I was walking! I'm taking some advice from the forums here and leaning a bit forward, shortening stride and trying to land mid-foot. I don't know yet whether it is working because I've had some rough days but today was very very nice. More days like today, please!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Teresa...Congrats to your DS!!! Fleet feet to the rest of you...hopefully I'm on the mend myself
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              Mariposai

I'm just excited that he got his first win! Then he drove the hour and a half home without killing us, so that was a plus. Wink This driving permit stuff is nuts. They should be 25 before they start driving! Shocked
                Congrats to your great athlete. I am sure you are the whole family is celebration this "first win". Wink I so agree with you that they should be 25 before they start driving. Have one in driving school right now and I am thinking the same. Cheers to Erika...I hope the risotto and salmon is just what you need for a speedy marathon tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

GOOD LUCK EQUINOX ERIKA!!!!!!!!! TWO BEAR ARF/divechief RUN SMART (and easy, ie, sloww) HOLLY!!!!!! GOOD LUCK SUE!!!!!!! GO GET 'EM TERESA! and CHEFFY!!!! Fleet feet to all racers this weekend and everyone doin' long runs for upcoming marathons. {{{everybody's feet}}} - what kind of foot epidemic is goin' on this year? ============================== FAIRBANKS, ALASKA 47 / 34 degrees Rain mixed with snow above 2000 feet. Highs near 45. Southwest winds to 15 mph. Dear Equinox Queen - if it's muddy, wet, and slippery, you don't need run down the roller coaster hills along the dome or come down the chute out-of-control like you'd need to for a PR. Have fun and feel sorry for everyone who's mad at the anti-PR weather, . . . then go do a PR ahead of 30,000 runners in NYC ps - maybe wear a long sleeve shirt, longjohns, wool hat and gloves.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Thanks Tet and Nancy (and Deb, an Karin, and everyone else!)... I was thinking about running a couple miles today, but decided it was stoopid and for nothing so had a full evening shopping, cleaning some stuff out of the garden... and making some of the best mushroom risotto I've made in ages. OMG it was excellent. And the salmon that DH caught in Valdez was grilled on a cedar plank with dill and fresh ground pepper... yum! Had so much food we invited his mom over for dinner. Had a 1997 Vino Nobile de Montelpuciano which I was afraid was a little "over the hill" but it was excellent. Yum. I am so ready to go!!! Now, DH is doing my hair (he's my colorist...) to touch it up and make me gorgeous for my presentation at my conference on Monday. Soon I'll be all rinsed out and ready for bed. I'll let you guys know how I do after I get a little recovery chocolate milk and almonds in me.... Remember, we're 4 hours off EST, and my race starts at 8 a.m..... so don't get pushy! Love you guys... you've all been great. I feel like if I miss my goal I'll let you down as much as me! But don't worry Tet... if the conditions are bad I'll scale back accordingly. I'll see if they have shirts on sale at the start, too.
                    SteveP

Avast ye land lubbers! Have ya no respect for the day's nat'l holiday?
                      How kind of you to recognize Adam West's 80th birthday. As my boss indicated that we don't get holiday pay for this, I'm begining to wonder what kind of company I'm working for.
                      Love you guys... you've all been great. I feel like if I miss my goal I'll let you down as much as me! But don't worry Tet... if the conditions are bad I'll scale back accordingly. I'll see if they have shirts on sale at the start, too.
                      I understand that feeling, as there are a number of people in this forum we're quite fond of. However, the best way to lets us down is to not take care of yourself. After picking up my race packet, I went to visit a former co worker in the hospital. He's the guy who cut me loose just about a year ago. He's younger than me and had a stroke. He had surgury and had part of his brain removed. Yuck. He's finally out of ICU. You can tell he's been through a rough time, but he seems as sharp as ever.

SteveP