Masters Running

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2016 (Read 38 times)

evanflein

Nancy, I already answered you earlier, but the key is only run on plowed or well packed routes. I don't run in loose, deep snow. Forget about that nonsense.... a good way to wear yourself out and maybe get hurt. Our snow doesn't pack well, it's dry and "shifty" so more like running in cornstarch. Only when the cars have packed it down well is it good for running, but it's also slick so need to have traction device like spikes. When the bike paths are plowed, they're good to run on unless snow machines have chewed up the top couple of inches, making it just too hard to run on. I use my treadmill a lot in the winter!

Nice running for some of you this New Year's Day! 16 miles, wow Paul, what plan has a 16 mile run on a Friday? What are you training for? Good to see you here, btw, although I follow you on Twitter and FB.

Enke, some strength training is good for all of us! I renewed our gym membership earlier this year but (gasp) we haven't been once yet! That could and should change this January though. So far, DS1 has been using it almost 5x a week every week, so at least the membership is being used.

Nice racing for Marj and Henry, good luck to Mike E on his Mississippi race (although he doesn't need luck), and glad to hear Starr's DD is getting her feet under her again.

Ran 6.3 miles earlier today and with the temps between 12 and 15° it was actually better footing than the past few days when it was warmer. Warmer temps = slipperier footing so today felt much better. The breeze from the NW made my face cold at times, but overall felt really good. I can't believe my week off is over. Now, just a regular ol' weekend and then back to work. Bleh. I can't wait till I can retire.