Masters Running

Friday's Thread - 9/19/14 (Read 33 times)

evanflein

C-R, I agree. Nice to know who or what benefits from your entry fee.

Holly, 90% chance of rain, but nothing heavy with only 1/4 inch accumulation. Still, it'll be 45 to 50° so chilly and wet:

Friday Night 70% Precip.

Rain showers early becoming a steady light rain overnight. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.

Saturday 09/20 50 | 41 °F

Saturday 90% Precip.

Rain. High near 50F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Saturday Night 80% Precip.

Steady light rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 41F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.

Beautiful and sunny out there now though. Just not fair. I'm heading out soon for a couple easy miles, thought I'd check out the new finish (which is almost the same as what we did in 2012, Holly). All the course markings were up yesterday, which is always fun to see!

C-R, I agree. Nice to know who or what benefits from your entry fee.

Holly, 90% chance of rain, but nothing heavy with only 1/4 inch accumulation. Still, it'll be 45 to 50° so chilly and wet:

Friday Night70% Precip.

Rain showers early becoming a steady light rain overnight. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.

Saturday 09/20 50 | 41 °F

Saturday90% Precip.

Rain. High near 50F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Saturday Night80% Precip.

Steady light rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 41F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.

Beautiful and sunny out there now though. Just not fair. I'm heading out soon for a couple easy miles, thought I'd check out the new finish (which is almost the same as what we did in 2012, Holly). All the course markings were up yesterday, which is always fun to see!

It can't be worse than the 20 miler the other week, but that day I avoided the top of Ester Dome and Out and Back.

Why is that not a surprising admission?

And for TW, I just got reminded of this:  http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

.........AAAAARRRRRRRRRR........Thanks ya stumpy//........I'm currently DL but SmoothSailing to the rest of you Lubbers......

good running guys.............

.......off to Claire's B'Day Party, where, ironically, she's dressing as a Pirate

.........Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr Part-II

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

BTY

I'm a kanucklehead - I posted my best run in a while on the wrong daily.   So this is how it starts?

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good luck to the RA at VT race crew! Best wishes on the weather.  Remember if it rains no law says you have to run! 

After spending an hour this morning with the coach I was recommend to, I decided he was not what I was looking for.  We started with a few drills. I have known about them but this is the first time I ever did them. This was followed by 4x1 mile intervals at 10k pace, with him reading off our splits. Then home. In my view this makes him a very expensive Garmin, which I do not need. I know this sounds really critical. I do understand that many people find having a coach like this the best, if not only way, they can get track drills done. I am just not one of them. If I were to get a coach I want one who looks at me run a few laps to see how I look, then says do this over the next week. Send me your log results. Next week we will see how things look and come up with a plan for the following week.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm a kanucklehead - I posted my best run in a while on the wrong daily.   So this is how it starts?

Hey Brian, if that best run in a while was the one from ten years ago, don't worry, they didn't even have dailies when I did mine.<(quillpen>>></(quillpen>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

No dailies, tet?  That must have been in the dark ages...with all of those (k)nights....