Masters Running

Tuesday, 3.8.16 (Read 43 times)

Having a good day here in ICU land fo Marj and Holly's birthdays!!

Actually after a rocky night Steven is looking much better! He was out of bed for the first time today in over a week! He was too weak and his heart rate too high to stand and pivot into a chair so they did have to use a sling, but he was in the chair for a couple of hours today. There is a possibility his rough night last night was caused by blood clots and maybe even a PE but we are waiting for more scans to confirm. He is on IV heparin just in case. They are actually working on transferring him out of the ICU today's and to a medical floor!!

Thank you all so much for your love, support, positive thinking and prayers!!

My heart is filled with gratitude!!

and - go Marj!!

denise

Deez - I've been MIA for a few days and I was wondering how Steven was doing.  Sounds like he's on the upswing - yay!!

Happy Birthday, Marj and Holly!!

Enke - It's hard to get up and out in the morning, but I don't, then I more than likely won't after work.  That's part of my motivation.  Also for me it helps to be shooting for something.  I've decided to "fill" my calendar this year, so I have to stay on top of things or I'm screwed.

Slo - That pup is just too cute!  Someday I'll have a dog . . . at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Saturday ran in the Community Forest for the first time in quite awhile.  Egads!  Needless to say, I need to be running there more.

Yesterday after work it was about 45 min of core/ST.  This a.m. after very little sleep, it was a sort of rough 5.  I'm glad I finally dragged my butt out of bed and did the miles 'cause I definitely felt better than I would have otherwise, and I got to witness a beautiful sunrise.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

YAY for Steven improving!

Rhoon - well done!

Marj - Happy Birthday and enjoy Boston!

Slo - love the puppy pics!

{{{Carolyn's knee}}}

Ribs - let me know when you are Ohio bound.

This morning I had the last oral surgery procedure on these implants, and it was under IV sedation, so I am pretty groggy still.  I think I will go hide in the bedroom and watch the season finale to Downton Abbey in peace....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

YAY deez///........and Prayers to both of ya.......

==========

.....40-min PoolRun nb, cf, ris

70s here, GOTT'STA get outside tomorrow

............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Boston Birthday Marge!
            I can hardly wait to hear what Holly got.

I hope it's not just oral surgery.
            However, sorry to say so but Boston
            is really not a very good idea for someone
            who’s only got a little over a month to train.
            Maybe transfer it to someone
            who’s a little more prepared, . . . .
            like TWOCAT! .
            Until now, even when I could BQ once-in-a-while in those early days, I never had any desire to fly all the way across country for the sake of running 26.2 miles. Just make sure you can report back that you had a good time, and you do know what I mean.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Holly good job in your 10 mile race.  stumpy, nice half.  steve, great pics.  marj, good going in your 15K race.  Slo, that's a cute dog.  rhoon, congrats on the checkride.  deez, glad to hear of Steven's improvement.

Nice long runs and walks for Jay, RCG, DrRobin, mari, evan, ribs, and wild.  Good job on the speedwork for starr.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was just a light wind, a beautiful morning.  I did 6 miles at an 11:15 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

tetsujin209 yeah, yeah, everyone's a comedian!  Here I thought I had the monopoly on snarky remarks! 

What a day! It started off really good. A 6 mile pain free run. I saw the sun come up over a local beach with some ducks bobbing happily away, or at least bobbing, in the water. Then I headed to the office. I got to the garage, cut the turn into a spot too sharp and dented another car's bumper and my rear passenger door.  Then my eye glasses were AWOL. I was wearing my sun glasses and could not find my regular glasses.  I guess I should be happy I was not run over by a truck. Tomorrow my car goes into the body shop.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Ouch, twocat, at least you had a pain free run! Did you thoroughly enjoy the Downton finale, Holly? Marj, I knew you were up to something with those longish runs, you go, girl!  Tet, I wish you would have got to Boston back in the day, you would have made the news running barefoot.  I kinda wish I knew how to play bridge, but it always seemed like such an old people's game. Mom and dad played quite a bit. I think they drank too Tselbs, you are so steady with your runs, nice that you are back out running until the next surgery.  Enke, I can't seem to get up in the mornings, but if I schedule my runs/workouts in ink in my planner I have a better chance of getting them done. Amy, holy cow with all the pictures, that carrot one made me laugh too. 50° and gloves, I recken it's OK for you.  Rhoon, I knew you'd pass!

3.2 miles nekkid run yesterday, well you know, garminless and tuneless.... 1.6 miles to the Yoga studio and back. I am still the only one in the class so that is great.  I am so stiff and not.flexible.at.all!  T-time was 30 minutes from punching out of work. I got to listen to geese overhead and enjoy the sunshine and 65°, great for a MN March.  Tonight I went to the Y for stat biking. I got there and only had my bike shoes so couldn't run any laps, oh well, 12 miles and I was home quicker. We can't wait to actually get our bikes outside, it won't be long now.

Good running to everyone, and Deez's news is good to hear. Hope Steven progresses in his recovery. Hugs and prayers.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am so happy to hear that Steven is improving so much.  Thanks for keeping us updated hare and on Facebook.  Very happy to hear.

I had a very nice visit with Mikey--got in a run with him--also got into a couple of arguments with him.  We are just too much alike.  Luckily my girls were there--they are pretty special.

Then I was sick for two days...I'm finally feeling better.

I did 10 miles.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

Mariposai

Happy birthday to the birthday twin sistahhhs.

Twocat, ouch.  Glad your run was pain free.

Great news about Steve.  Praying for healing.

No running here. Day 2 of the nasty virus flu. I have been so miserable in last two days that I hope this ends soon. Ohhh the Easy Pacer went for a 4 miler after work.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Several people around here have been sick too, seems like a really nasty bug. So far so good here, but DH has been fighting something off so who knows how long my luck will hold out!

Oy, Twocat, bummer about the car but I'll add my ^5 for a pain free run!

So glad to see that Steven is getting better. That's been such a scary episode, I sure hope he's "turned the corner" and is going to improve quickly now. I gotta ask... did he get a flu shot?

5.5 brisk miles tonight, temp in the low 20's but the wind was less than last night so actually felt nicer out there. Helps that the sun was shining pretty brightly too! Our new bike path below campus is so iced over, it's like a river of ice for about .25 mile so I run on the side of the road there. The drivers give dirty looks like they think I should be on the bike path. Hey dude, I have running shoes on, not ice skates!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Then I headed to the office. I got to the garage, cut the turn into a spot too sharp and dented another car's bumper and my rear passenger door.  Then my eye glasses were AWOL. I was wearing my sun glasses and could not find my regular glasses.  I guess I should be happy I was not run over by a truck. Tomorrow my car goes into the body shop.

No particular reason but do you have, or want, a DD for a while?

Dad,
                          The cats will find rubber bands
                          left on top of the desk too.
                          Thank u
                          Love u

ps deezie - keep Steven.improving.

He's on the way, now

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Do not let cats eat rubber bands. Oy... like Christmas tree tinsel. How many critters does your DD have, anyway?

..tet//.........how many Pounds of Post-It Notes has this kid gone thru???????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....