Masters Running

Good Morning Boomers - It's Friday Oct. 17th and the Red Sox are still alive! (Read 483 times)

evanflein

Erika, I'm sure we can come up with a perfect woman for Tim... let's put up a profile for him on Craigslist... Evil grin Tammy, you did 17 miles on a hotel treadmill? Shocked I'd rather run outside in Fairbanks in the winter!
    You've got a good start on that Craigslist post... I'll see what I can add. And Hey! running outside in Fairbanks can be very invigorating! this morning it was -8 and my car was not happy about being outside all night without being plugged in. Need to work on garage clearing this weekend. Tom, excellent run. Good job on the longest distance since May... and you feel good now? Awesome... Enke, "glurpy footing" is a perfect description. I know exactly what you mean! Mainerunnah, HA! I get perverse satisfaction when you have to run on the TM. I'm just bad that way. Good job and very good speed... I did a 20 miler and a couple of 18's on the treadmill a few years ago, training for Napa and it was -40 or worse outside. I used to say my outside temp cutoff was -10 for anything, but then I did an 18 miler at -18, and last winter I did several runs longer than 10-13 miles when it was -18 to -23... You can do it, but it's not fun. I notice that even with a couple of layers on my legs it's hard to keep the muscles warm so could be courting problems. I try to do the mid-week runs on the treadmill but get out on the weekends when the sun is shining. Pool running for me tonight. And tomorrow. And Sunday. Foot is very cranky today after my run yesterday. Not feeling good about NYC at this point.
      Friday - 6.01 miles easy - 48:41 (8:06) Avg HR 132 Max HR 140 Bright sunny skies, 55 degrees & breezy. I was looking to run 6 miles at about 8:10 pace +/- 8:09 - 8:05 - 8:04 - 8:05 - 8:07 - 8:04 - :04
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Friday afternoon to all. out this morning for a lake loop in IRC (49F) much imporved over the drippy runs in FLA last week. 28:20 for 3.2, managing to creep bleow 9 m/m. Off for a sad visit to VT this weekend--DW's uncle passed away a couple of weeks ago and the memorial service is on Satuday. He had an agressive brain tumor and made the desicion to go for quality of life and not length in the end, so terminated treatment when things didn't show any improvement. He was someone I always said I wanted to be like when I grew up. Actual not a memorial service, but a celebration of life. He lived a full life--just sad it only lasted 76 years. Sorry--don't mean to be sad, only that I'll miss him and hope I have his courage if needed. On a much more postive note--Weekend racers--you're going to kick ass and take names. I know everyone will do great!!! Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I must say that "glurpy" is a word that Econo coined. I'm not that clever.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

6 miles cross-country at the local state park this afternoon. Sunny, mid-50s temperature. Estimated 8:30 mile pace. I'll be at National Guard drill tonight, tomorrow, Sunday. Going camping in the woods. Should be dry and low 30s temperature. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              When I was hurt for months in early '04, I trained for Boston by spending hours on the elliptical. Ya, for true--I'd watch whole movies and feet would go numb. I had something that sounds a lot like Holly's recent injury and I couldn't run at all. The first time I was able to run on the treadmill, I got tears in my eyes b/c I was running again. I think divechief spent way too much time on the elliptical during an injury, too. It messes with your mind Undecided grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles

Renee the dog

2 miles in 18:10 to check out the old ankle. Felt good. I'm icing now for insurance. Spent probably an hour looking at the Atlantic City race course via maps.live.com. Tried to imagine me going out slowly and covering the first few miles. We'll see how the plan matches reality. I seem to have no control over myself sometimes when I'm out there! I'm so excited for Sunday. Hope to read some great race reports tomorrow night when I'm back from dealing with my parents' condo. Good luck racers!!!! Cool

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I think I didn't post yesterday, in any case I'm stuck in my usual boring pattern of 7 miles a day, same time , same place , same faces on the trail. Good thing life is never boring at home, kids make sure of that! Good runs and races over the weekend to everybody ! I don't seem to have anything planned till Seattle, any suggestions Tet..? Francesca

Top 'O the World!

Hey, let's not forget mtnchk, who is running DENVER Sunday! Have a greta run, girl! Maine--that was no dream, that was the real deal! And finally, a sproinky run for me! Coincidence? I think not! 6.07 in 48:34 for an 8:01 pace--8:27/8:12/8:14/7:58/7:40/7:37 grins, A
                    Thanks! ...& "sproinky indeed!!" Smile
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Kevin - so sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a great relationship with your DW's uncle. Good luck weekend racers - hope everyone has a PR!
                        AA717 Tim - good luck on your half marathon tomorrow. Is this your first, or have you done others?
                        This will be my first race beyond 5 mi. I'm already looking at a trail HM for next weekend and the holy grail (at least for me...) the Tecumseh Trail Marathon in Dec. I'm gonna need more beer if I'm going to attempt those. Shocked Wink TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I don't seem to have anything planned till Seattle, any suggestions Tet..?
                          francevi - welcome back from mamamia & italiano. You were missed at this year`s Dawg Dash but, since you sgot a PR at the recent Salmon Days 10K, maybe join me at Madison Beach on 10\25 to join up with hundreds of SM trainers heading down to Seward Park but then we do the annual very-family-oriented Pumpkin Push 5K around the park? Of course, now that you`re a marathon maniac, maybe do the 26.2 miles at the Columbia River Powerthon across Grand Coulee Dam if enke does the halfie. However, I`m looking for a costume partner this year, . . maybe two <>enke/franci)>> your friend, adam.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)