Masters Running

Saturday May 3 Runs and Meet-Ups (Read 44 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I am getting ready to take DD to church for Dance Boot Camp (she dances with a middle-school group for the younger kids), and then head off to Cincinnati to the expo and then to meet Twocat and Mrs. Twocat!

2.1 miles for me this morning with a few fartleks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Hey Holly and all to follow. What a beautiful day here in the Midwest. 7 easy early miles before a full soccer day. If it stays this nice I will run again.

Have fun with two at and his better half and enjoy the race.

Good luck racers and great to see ribs post. Hope that draw went as expected and they let you go home.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Morning jaunt with Little Walter

Happy racing to those running AOTG and Flying Pig

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

I never got the chance to post last night...just busy, time consuming stuff.  I hate being an adult...I wish I could be more like SteveP.

Lets see...my run...I did10 miles at a fairly easy pace.  After missing my run on Thursday, I just had to wear them out a bit for today's long run.  My last long run before Buffalo.  Wow--that time went be pretty quickly....is it quick or quickly...I have trouble with the "ly's".

It was nice to see Ribs posting.  Hopefully he's home by now.

I remember when I had my appendix removed when I was 16 years old.  I loved being in the hospital.  People visiting me and taking care of me...and I always has fresh clean sheets.  I remember going home and going into my messy room and climbing into bed...in the same dirty sheets that were there when I left...I lay (is it lay, laid, or lied) there for a few minutes feeling sorry for myself, then I got up and went and mowed the lawn.  I was a weird kid.

Oh...hi az2mntrail. It's nice to have another Minnesotan...welcome.  My DW is from Thief River Falls...that really is a place where everybody who lives there knows you...and your personal business.

Okay...I guess, I'd better get going...I have a ton of stuff to do, today...it's that whole adult thing....

I'm glad to hear ribs is getting better.  I hope he's home.  perch, "hi".  az2, welcome.

Nice long runs for Dave and Mike.

This morning, it was in the mid 40s and there was just a light wind.  I got in 4 miles at a 10:36 pace.  It was just starting to sprinkle the last little bit of my run.

I am shortly off to Ludington to join my sisters in wishing my mother a happy 93rd birthday.  She won't remember it but we will and she will appreciate it while it's happening.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Good morning. I just want to wish these racers well (along with Aamos and others that aren't on this list. I read that OrangeMat withdrew from The Ave, where is she anyway?

05/03 IBleedUnionBlue - Capital City Half Marathon, Columbus OH

05/03 janiebgood - capital city half marathon, Columbus, OH

05/04 OrangeMat - Avenue of the Giants, Weott CA

05/04 wildchild - Avenue of the Giants marathon, Weott CA

05/04 TammyinGP - Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon, Weott, CA

05/04 henrun - Avenue of the Giants 10k, Weott CA

05/04 Marj - Avenue of the Giants Half Marathon, Weott CA

05/04 La Tortuga - Avenue of the Giants, Weott CA

05/04 IBleedUnionBlue - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Also Holly & Twocat

05/04 shipo - Cinco de Miles 5K, Bedford, NH

Lazy day- slept til almost 7am. I tried my new Brooke's Adrenalein 13's out. Really, 13? Isn't that unlucky?  Chilly to start but worked up a sweat in a hurry 45 with 14mph winds, not too bad. Around the lake in just over an hour.  I did resist the impulse to stop at all the garage sales. Today is the the City-wide sale event and I can always find some great deals if I take the time to scrounge. I may get cleaned up and go back for that toy kitchen set for the grandkids to have here at gramma's house.

Some observations from this morning. I can hear people coming from beind me, and even identify their voices! This is a small town too, but I don't know everybody.  Those coots (mud puppies) look so cute bobbing in the water, like target ducks at the fair, only black and white, not yellow. Someone gave me a thumbs-up and called me by name, I wish I knew who she was.  The up hills are getting easier and I rarely have to walk anymore.

Have a great Saturday! Hope Ribs is home by now. MikeE, have a good long run. C-R, I am glad it is you doing the soccer day, I hate it. Tom, have a good time with your sisters at mom's 93rd birthday. I know how hard that can be.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Yeah Tom, have fun with your sisters and enjoy the day. Sorry about your mom, but at least she'll have fun with you at the time.

Nice progress, Starr! I have people wave to me and call me by name, and I'm not sure who they are either. Our town is not large by any means, but I feel I hardly know anyone outside of work or friends circles. But our running community is pretty small I guess so maybe that's it.

Mike, funny that you mowed the lawn. You'd think you'd change your sheets. And what do weird kids grow up to be...?  Smile Have a good run!

Hope Ribs is home. Will need to go check FB.

Beautiful day here! I got up to get some coffee and a bite to eat. Gonna get ready slowly but be there on time this year. Trying to relax. Geez, it's a stoopid 5k!

...SOUNDS LIKE FUN HOLLY////.........

=======

.28mprnb

deo

............good running guys

......................sorry for the short post, having a Carpy Day

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

Pretty jealous of Holly.

You're a good guy TomS

Love your hills Starr

Last night, we had a birthday party for DD#2. It was also a reveal the baby's gender party. We're having a boy! Tag and I went for two miles in the rain on clay trails that were already wet.  Though I'm in a low energy phase right now, I'm glad we went. So is Tag. Even though he got rinsed off in the river. It will be nice when the Dr and I get a handle on the low Fe situation. There are a lot more leafy greens being consumed in the household. For those who have my grasp of the way life should be, "leafy greens" are what food is supposed to eat.

SteveP

pfriese

Afternoon all.

Last minute decision to run a 5K race over at the county seat this morning, it was a nice small race, so a bit of a cherry-picking. I finished 1AG (out of 5) and 12OA (out of 92) with a 25:08.

Good racing to all our racers this weekend. I'll bet there will be great fun at Ave of Giants this weekend.

Hoping Ribs gets out today.

Have a great weekend,

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

. There are a lot more leafy greens being consumed in the household. For those who have my grasp of the way life should be, "leafy greens" are what food is supposed to eat.

Try to think of it as cutting out the middle cow....................

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Just got back from the Flying Pig expo.  What a scene! But first my DW and I met Holly S. and her DH for lunch. A wonderful couple! We had a good lunch and a great time talking with them about various random things.

MTA: Just returned from driving the course. The route is insane! Insane I tell you! The hills are followed by hills and then more hills. Really, absolutely insane!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Beautiful day here! I got up to get some coffee and a bite to eat. Gonna get ready slowly but be there on time this year. Trying to relax. Geez, it's a stoopid 5k!

Good seeing you out there and catching up a bit on the cool down.

Yeah, it's hard to start the season with a 5K. For the first mile I was going what am I doing out here? After running that mile 6 sec faster than a projected even pace it was just a matter of hanging on and picking off a few stragglers. I think I got about 7 of them from about 1 to the finish, albeit 10-12 sec off goal pace.

evanflein

Good run Roger! Looking forward to seeing the final results tonight. I went out a bit too fast (7:07) in first mile, and second mile was the slowest (7:32), then trying to catch Anna for the last mile at 7:27 (almost caught her!). She had more kick than I did though and kept her lead. Finished at 22:54 (Garmin time) and will see what the final is. Kinda cool we have chip timing now, at least for the finish line. Next stage is to get the start line chipped!

Beautiful day, it's already low 70's. The pollen is getting thick though, and the birch is starting to build up. Need to get some allergy meds soon!

Marathon Maniac #957

The up hills are getting easier and I rarely have to walk anymore.

Nice!

Paul and Erika - nice racing!

Stumpy -

What a great time we had having lunch with Twocat and his DW!  He is every bit as wonderful in real life as I knew he would be, and his DW is a delight.  Hopefully we can get together after the race tomorrow for one more lunch while they are in Ohio.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."