Masters Running

Saturday, 8.29.15 (Read 37 times)

Erika, I miss the Musk Ox run. It ended up being my favorite. But what's with the Sat am start? I liked the Thursday night ambiance, and it just had a different feel from the other Fairbanks races.

Hang in there Mike E!

Hey I'm still running, recovering from Pikes Peak ascent and getting ready for a half  in Bellingham WA at the end of next month.

I ran/slogged through a little 2.5-mile trail run with lil' Econo (Ben).  I gave up caffeine a couple days ago and I blame that for the torpor.

Hey TW, waving back at ya!  Did you know I'm on a bona fide run streak right now?  *proudly* Day 18.  Very low mileage -- I don't want to overdo it and get sick.

Hey TW, waving back at ya!  Did you know I'm on a bona fide run streak right now?  *proudly* Day 18.  Very low mileage -- I don't want to overdo it and get sick.

..Congratulations econo//.............I went for two 10-minutes walks and had to take a nap........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

MikeE, if you don't look for another job, we are all going to start being your agents and look one for you.

TomWhite, I so long to see a picture of Pickles and Claire. It has been a while.

Econo, hi sistahhh. Congrats on your 18 days of running! Smart girl you are for going slow with the mileage build up.

Today was a work day for me since I have to much work to do prior to going to Macedonia next week. Finally the air was clear enough this afternoon for a run outside. Here is what I wrote on Facebook about the run:

"Sometimes the small things you do is what bring a sense of normalcy back to your life amidst the chaos (referring to the wildfire chaos here).

For me, it is being able to sit and rock on my porch swing enjoying my flowers and listening to children down the street play outside and laugh.

Also, having a clear enough day to be able to run long and hard to check out on the burned areas up Omak flats. I must admit, I had tears running on my face much of the run. The land looks black and sad everywhere you look. Many people were out on their yards cleaning up the mess the fire dragon left for them. I waved and yelled Okanogan County Strong to every homeowner who were going through the rubles of what once was their home.

17 miles later I returned home thinking to my self...we have a lot of work ahead of us as a community...but like we would say in my native tongue...JUNTOS PODEMOS (together we can!)"

Go Denise go!!!

Go racers go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

after the skies didn't have much success except a few sprinkles on Friday, it was raining so hard this morning for the first time in four or five months this hard that I got out the cycling rain gear I haven't worn since the Seattle Marathon Boomer reunion some ten years ago with econo's surprise guest who wasn't Lil Econo but by the time I got garbed up and out the door the rain had stopped to much that the sun was glistening through blue skies off the rain drops so I garbed down and extended the planned 10 mile ride to 20 miles, my longest cycling by far in more than ten years since I stopped doing Ironmans in 2005.  Enjoy yourself in yours tomorrow deezie.  As 100 year old Mr Igarashi told me on the top of Mt fuji in 1987, "your younger days never come again."  He sure had a lot of them though.

It turned out to have been but a brief, fortuitous window as the wind whipped up in the afternoon afterwards so much that falling branches claimed two victims.  One was a little girl at her friend's birthday party.  not right when there's so many old fogeys around it might as well have been.  Reminded me of a friend who died in a sledding accident in 1954, same as they'll be remembering her in 2075.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I ran/slogged through a little 2.5-mile trail run with lil' Econo (Ben).  I gave up caffeine a couple days ago and I blame that for the torpor.

How is Ben these days?  And you are brave to give up caffeine....

Erika - sounds like you made a good decision.  How was your visit with Starr and Mr. Starr?

Nancy - you are in inspiration.  And I am excited about your trip to Macedonia!

Tet - so sad about the little girl.

Go Denise!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."