Masters Running

Tuesday, 6.30.15 (Read 33 times)

Dave, it was actually a bit disheartening for me too to see how close I was to being the oldest runner in the HM on Saturday, but maybe it's just because not many in my bracket have a reason any more to go to a "destination race". After all, I wouldn't have been there myself except for the RA gathering. Still...

Rode about 24+ miles with the usual Tuesday group this morning. I have to get a couple of long rides in soon since my big bike trip of the year starts a week from Sunday in northeast Ohio.

Now off to check the primeness of my monthly mileage...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Slo_Hand I must admit I never checked directly.  My information (or lack thereof) came from an RD who noted in a FB post that a first place AG award went to the second fastest runner by chip time due to USATF rules.  I just figured he knew what he was talking about.  The post was only of interest to me because I was in the race (nowhere near an AG award for myself) and the fastest chip time was run by a friend of mine.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Slo

And I may have spoke to quickly Twocat. I dug thru my USATF rules for long distance running and road races and the way I would interpret the rule is only gun time should be used when considering awards.

A search online has yeilded some other documents that state differently but I cannot identify the source.

Interesting none the less. I just may have to do some digging.

Dave - that was funny.  Blank page...

Had a lovely week at the cabin - swimming in the lake everyday and the temp went up to 92F one day.  Did not run at all while there - it just got too hot by the time I was ready to run.

I ran 4 miles yesterday morning.  Felt good, humid and drippy.  Will try again tomorrow morning I hope.  Then off this weekend for a 2 or 3 day backpacking trip with Mr. Blue Eyes.  It will only be our 5th date, but we appear to like each other.   I've never backpacked - still not sure how I am going to fit all I want to take into my pack...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Work--chiropractor--soccer game--4 mile easy run.

That's it...gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

Mr. Blue Eyes? Love it, as long as he doesn't break into song at intersections....

Ran 6.3 today, late afternoon and it felt much hotter than the supposedly 68° the weather site said. Took off my shirt at the two mile mark, and put it back on (reluctantly) on my walk back up the hill to my office. The distance was planned to get me to a prime for the month (233), not something I usually worry about but it was within pretty easy reach, so why not? Tomorrow is the last work day of the week, looking forward to a 4 day weekend!

an amazing likeness

And I may have spoke to quickly Twocat. I dug thru my USATF rules for long distance running and road races and the way I would interpret the rule is only gun time should be used when considering awards.

A search online has yeilded some other documents that state differently but I cannot identify the source.

Interesting none the less. I just may have to do some digging.

Rule 245.1: "The order in which the athletes cross the finish line will be the official finish position."
                Rule 245.3: "The actual time elapsed between an athlete reaching the starting line and finish line (in other words, chip time) can be made known to the athlete, but will not be considered as official time."

At large races with their wave starts, corals, etc, it isn't reasonably possible to have everyone place on gun time -- so they post results by chip time -- as you all well know.  Some events do a good job making this well known -- for example the largest local race in my area (Beach to Beacon 10K) clearly states that unless you're in the elite start wave (which is gun timed), you are not eligible for awards due to net time being used for placements in the general field.

What's annoying is all get-out is when the race isn't clear if they are using chip or gun time in results!

I'm sure that this is just redundant info given all the experience here...so, back to the normal daily.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

SteveP

SteveP good problem to have!  If you need to add some pounds I would be glad to send you some of mine.  Now how to do that . . .

Pack them into an ice cream container and ship. We can work something out.

That was beautiful, JLynne.

Tet, those events sound like a lot of fun.

Very cool, Holly.

Have fun Enke!!!!

SteveP