Masters Running

April Fools Daily, 4.1.14 (Read 46 times)

NHLA

6.5 miles 56 min Mud Creek.  Got DW tires and went running.

jay  I had a lady climb a tree when she herd me running up Glassy Mt..  Thought I was a bear.  Left her friends on the ground.

Marathon Maniac #957

SUCH a great picture Marj!

I marvel at Karin's "recovery pace".

+1

Happy Birthday Ilene!

I was going to take it easy but the weather was perfect when I woke up - 52 degrees and no wind! The first perfect weather run since, I don't know, September 2013? 7.2 miles total.

DS had all 4 wisdom teeth out this morning.  I took the day off so I could stay with him and monitor his progress.  Right now he is upstairs eating a bowl of mom's homemade chicken noodle soup (warm not hot) and seems to be doing okay.

Today was absolutely gorgeous, although I spent most of it indoors (worked from home on the computer), but did manage 30 minutes throwing the softball with DD.  Rain and cold coming in tomorrow though.  Warm weather will get here eventually...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Henrun's DS and GD

Very cute. Marj and Henry.  She's so adorable one can forgive her for being a pink hat

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hey folks,

Tax appointment today and now I think I can put all these papers away, yeah! Well, except the checkbook .  The weather here is something else! 70° yesterday afternoon, then down to 18° with 35 mph winds all night.  At least the blizzard warning didn't amount to much here, but went north of us.  I am anxious to see if there are any tulips or other bulbs here at this new house.  I will definitely plant some if there aren't any that pop up. The Boston runners will have a treat to the spring flowers. I love hearing all the training stories, and of course the party planning too! It is neat that so many of you get to meet each other, that is special.

Happy Birthday, Ilene! Quilt, did someone say quilt? This one is not done yet but I like it a lot.

This one is for the newest grandson born in September, Rocco (MrStarr is posing with it)

Addison's quilt, she was born in August.

Now that I am running more I don't seem to find time to get to the sewing room.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Warm weather will get here eventually...

No, Holly...it will not get here eventually...it will never get here!!!!  THIS WINTER IS NEVER GOING TO END!!!!  It was snowing out my office window, today!!!!

Sorry...I just have to do that from time to time...just to let off some steam.

I did run in shorts, yesterday.  I was so ticked off at my Garmin, though.  It was a "strength" workout.  2 miles at an easy pace, then 6 x 1 mile intervals at 6:40 with a 1/4 mile at a recovery pace, then finishing with 1.75 mile easy cool down.  I did my prerun stuff, picked up my Gramin from its cradle---dead.  NO--it can't be dead.  I tinkered with it for a couple minutes and came back--100% charged.  Whew--went up stairs, put on my shoes, looked at my Garmin--dead.  I know where my mile markers are--but I don't know where my 3.25 mile marker is or my 3.5 mile marker or my...you get the idea.  So, knowing where I had to get to be about at 5.5 miles, I headed out and, after doing my 2 easy miles and my first interval knowing where my marks were, I just ran hard for 6:40 and easy for 2 and hard for 6:40 and easy for 2 and...you get the idea.  I ended up being where I thought I should be when I thought I would be there, so I think I did okay.  Anyway--11 miles 1:19:19.

I came home after that run, completely expecting to come on here and do my best impersonation of tet, like Jay had suggested, only to find an email from a lady from church telling about some issues with our new pastor, so I had to reply to all of that...and then it was time for bed.  But, boy was it funny in my head.

So--that was last night.

Tonight, I stopped by favorite running store--Run-n-Fun (doesn't that sound like a fun running store?) on my way home from work and bought a new pair of shoes.  When I got home, I spent some time looking for my receipt for my Garmin...never found it...so I dinked around with my Garmin for awhile and, now it's working.    So, I'll continue to look for that receipt and use this thing until it dies again.  I love my Garmin when it's working, but there have been too many times when it has let me down.

So, I was going to do some lifting, tonight, but just when I was about ready to start, my DS (Mikey) called to talk about some issues he was having.  45 minutes later, we hung up.  Well, by that time, I was starving and I didn't feel like lifting anymore.  So, I went up stairs and ate.

And now, I have to go to bed.  What a life I lead.  And I get to do it all over again, tomorrow...well, at least I hope I do.  See ya!

Oh--Starr--I love quilts.  I wish I could make quilts.  Do you think it's possible to run and make a quilt at the same time?  Hmmm...something to think about.

Sorry about the Garmin problems Mike but it sounds like you did a fine job without it.

4.1 Remi miles.  It was 61F, sooooo nice man, so nice, little bit of sweat, but with the breeze....soooo nice.  Sorry Mike!!

Body feeling fine, no aches.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Happy Birthday ilene.

Maybe do both like Starr

Why not!

Happy Birthday. Hay Ileneforward, we bunch of us will be at the Redwood Forest on the weekend of May 4 to run the Ave of the Giants. Want to join us for fun? Even just for a visit. I would love to meet you!

Taperboy is training, yeahhh...that is one funny April fool's joke.

Karin, you are one gifted runner! Look at those recovery paces. Impressive.

I think MikeE and Twocat are twins...re: disliking to run in cold weather 

Starr, gorgeous quilts. I have not done any in the last year. I got the materials purchased for my baby nephew. I should get started on it before he turns one.

I had a fun 11 miler tonight. 3 miles to the beauty parlor where I got my hair cut, then 8 miles meandering around the river bank unler a lovely spring weather. Hahah...my hair dresser was not happy that I was going to run 8 miles after she worked so hard to beautify my hair. She told me...girl...you need to have your priority straight. I said to her...yes...I DO .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jay  I had a lady climb a tree when she herd me running up Glassy Mt..  Thought I was a bear.  Left her friends on the ground.

Glad you weren’t up in erika/rhoon land or you might not be around to tell about it. Though it feels silly when you’re trail running up there solo, hollering out every once in a while is a lot better alternative than not. Even when I didn’t have a dog with me, I’d pretend to be calling out to one every couple of minutes so I wouldn't feel so silly.  However, I was.  Check with rhoon but it helps keep the real bears from getting surprised, scared and too defensive too.

and not being April foolish, hope your birthday was fun and exciting. 

good one stumps happy birthday ilene?

How many that? . . .this year, I mean.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

CNY - to say nothing of you, you sure have the fast friends too from the Racing R’s on the trails and now a member aiming for a sub-3 hour barefoot Boston.  Charlie did a lot of sub-3's in those days 50-60 years ago but I don’t think any women yet.  Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Yeah, I thought we'd already done the Ilene birthday thing... But hey, if it was fun the first time, let's do it again! Smile

Holly, when DS1 got his wisdom teeth out last year it was awhile before he was eating much. I guess it heals pretty fast. Couldn't imagine... I have all mine and they're doing just fine. I hope he heals up nice and uneventfully.

Nice run, Mariposai! And yeah, I usually get my hair done on Saturday mornings, and go or a run later in the day and have to redo it all anyway.

Mike E, you did just fine without the Garmin! You're good at judging your pace so probably a lot more accurate than I know I would be. I suck at that.

Another after work run tonight. Headed out the road behind campus which is a gentle uphill on the way out. Perfect for a progressive pace run. Started with 8:31 and ended with a 7:05, 7.2 miles total. I cheated on that last mile though, and did it as a series of .2 mile sprints, which just worked out to let the next wave of traffic pass by. Not sure what was up with the traffic, but this stretch of the road has the narrowest shoulders, so when a bunch of cars come by, I stop and step off into the mud near the ditch to let them go by. Seemed to work. First real effort at "speed" outside since last summer!

Bushrat Runner

Managed to get out and run Sunday. Mostly kept the studying up in between flights, and passed my instrument written this morning, also between flights. Thought I was going to run again today, but just too tired...

Maybe tomorrow...

#artbydmcbride

Beautiful quilts, Starrruns!!    Mariposai, I would love to meet you too.   Erica and Tet, since birthdays are so much fun............

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful quilts, Starrruns!!    

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."