Masters Running

Weekly Weigh-In Ending 10/5/2014 (Read 19 times)

BlazinCajun

This is the place to commit to and encourage others in support of their weigh loss/gain goals. We all are going through fitness of various cycles which are directly related to phase of training, life's commitments, injury, and just starting the running thing. All are welcome to sign up for this ongoing thread. Just state your weight goal and once a week status. Some folks are already where they want to be and are just trying to maintain. Try to  be consistent when you conduct your weekly weigh-in. Any day of the week is fine - some folks use a particular scale.

Remember to list your weekly loss/gain and calculate your Total over/under towards Goal Weight Loss

Good luck with your weekly goals. Andrew

Last Week: Weekly Weigh-In 9/28/2014 - Just check in when your able

Name

Goal Weight lbs. (date)  

Weekly loss/gain 

Total

over/under 

Awards/Demerits

BlazinCajun -8.5 (08/17)  -0.5 -4.0 Almost there
    BTY -8.2 (08/17)  +1.0  +1.0

Recovering from Birthday! Free Pass

C-R -6.0 (08/24)  0.0  0.0 Hanging in there
    dg. -7.0 (08/24    0.0 Batteries Died
    fatozzig  0.0 (08/17)  0.0 +1.0 Still Holding Steady
    Holly S. -5.0 (08/17)  -0.5 - 1.5 50k Veteran - great job!
    Ileneforward -7.0 (08/17)  +2.0 -0.5 Oscillations 
    Jlynne -5.0 (09/14)  -2.0  -4.0 Stomach problems - get well soon
    Jo_ -10 (9/28)  0.0  0.0 New kid on the block 
    KellyDodge -14 (08/17)  0.0 -1.0 No Change - more to go
    StarRuns -14 (09/21)  ?  0.0 Missing in action

Tip of the Week - "... if you are trying to lose weight rather than win races, you might be better off skipping the post-workout snack. That doesn't necessarily mean fasting completely: (John) Ivy points to other studies showing that people who take in a small amount of protein after exercise are less likely to to overeat several hours later. But the basic message is clear, Ivy says: "If you've gone out and burned 300 calories by walking for 30 minutes, don't refuel by taking a 500-calorie dietary supplement." Let magnitude of the workout dictate the size of the chocolate milk carton."

Hutchinson, A. 2011. Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights, In Nutrition and Hydration. pp. 212-213.

Andrew
    ------------------
    God, my Lord, is my strength;
    he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
    and enables me to go upon the heights.
    Hb 3:19

BTY

Down 1 pound this week. Net gain/loss: 0.0

Race is 6 weeks away.  All is not lost.   In fact nothing has been lost. Not at all.

BlazinCajun

Brian, You are doing great and you ran a faster 10k this past month. Keep up the good work my friend.

Andrew
        ------------------

#artbydmcbride

Holding steady, no loss, no gain. 

Runners run

Just a dude.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, so I am going to have to pass. I won't have a way to weigh myself. (And probably won't want to see the results if i did... Wink )

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

BlazinCajun

Ilene - Congrats on holding steady with no gain.

Kelly Dodge - You may pass on the left. Be careful while out of town.

Just weighed-in and

Weekly loss/gain: -1.5 lbs, Total over/under: -5.5. Three more pounds to go.

Andrew
              ------------------

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, I blew it this week - up 1.5 lbs, which puts me exactly where I started.  

Out of town travel, plus carbloading, contributed.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

Holly, I wouldn't say you blew it this week!

I've been up & down.     It was scary putting those new batteries in the scale.    But not too bad,   -2.6.   was +1 at one point.  (do we get extra points for that?    like total elevation gain + drop?  ; )   )

I need to be more consistent!    I'm making some progress with that, but have a ways to go.    When I good I am very very good, but. .....

C-R

+1

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Holly - Don't forget that the body tends to hold onto fluids after a race, especially a hard race.  I'm always up a couple of pounds post-race week.

Down a pound to 142, so still within the zone.

Re the post workout snack - Lots of good information re becoming a "better butter burner" if you look at articles on Metabolic Efficiency Training (Sunny Blende ).  She also has been on a couple of podcasts and has provided really good info.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Better late than never. I am disappointed that I am +3 over the last 2 weeks. I knew that it would be hard to stay at my goal weight from the Profile plan once I stopped using their products. I meet with my Profile coach today so will decide if I should go back on "reboot".  I don't have any races coming up so won't need to carbo-load.  I know that low-carb works for me so that is what I will probably do.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Starr - Check out the article I referenced above.  I found it to be easy to adhere to, and there are no special foods.  All fruits and vegetables on the table, it's grains that are taken away.  It really helped me get my head around proper eating again.  I've been adding some grain carbs in as my training intensity increased, but plan to go back to no or almost no grain eating after my race.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

BlazinCajun

Metabolic Efficiency Training (Sunny Blende ).  

Very good article - Thanks for sharing. Andrew

Andrew
                            ------------------

If anyone is interested in pursuing MET further, I would recommend Bob Seebohar's book.  It's downloaded to your computer.  While quite a bit of is directed toward what I would call elite or professional athletes, I found it to be a very helpful addition to Sunny's article.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks for the article, Leslie. I doubt if I will have the test done anywhere but she does have some good thoughts on eating.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich