Masters Running

Friday 12/5 Runs (Read 478 times)

evanflein

Quick trip to the "Express Club" gym at lunchtime with DH. He didn't have his workout stuff with him but came with me anyway. So he did a leg workout in jeans (!) and I did upper body stuff. Lat pulldowns, chest flye/press, one arm rows, lateral raises, overhead tricep press and "21's". Now I've got that nice "tired" feeling in my arms and shoulders that tells me it was a good enough effort. Still planning on pool running this evening, maybe do some legs/abs stuff to get all the strength training done in one day. Fridays used to be my rest days, but this month it seems they're my heaviest "non-running" workout days! Hope you feel better soon, Tim. Being sick sucks.
      Friday - 5.01 miles - 42:13 - 8:25 8:32 - 8:21 - 8:24 - 8:23 - 8:23 -8:15 - .08 Sorry you feeling so poorly Tim, hope you feel better soon.
        Woops
        Tramps

Busy week but I managed to sneak in a late day run in the dark. 5.3 miles at sproinky 8:15. I'm used to running in the morning when things warm up as you go along. Tonight after the sun dropped, it immediately got much colder and my pace picked up!

Be safe. Be kind.

flatland mountaineer

nothing today, thinking about racing a 5k tommorow. My rodeo hip is barking a little so don't know if it is the best idea but what the heck. Its only a 5 k and I don't have to really race it, right.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Nice runs, Liz, Meg, Tramps, et al. Take care of yourself, Tim; only thing worse than being sick is being sick FOR A LONG TIME. After working outside for all of the day, much of it on scaffolding, I was delighted to go to a warm gym and sweat on a treadmill. 8 miles, hitting the incline button every half mile, setting the grade to 5%, doing that for a 1/4 mile, then back down, for a half mile, and on and on.....1:05:07. It wasn't so bad. What's BAD is forgetting a towel, and having to dry off after the shower using paper towels/ hot air hand dryer. Ugh. Later, Walt.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice runs, Liz, Meg, Tramps, et al. Take care of yourself, Tim; only thing worse than being sick is being sick FOR A LONG TIME. After working outside for all of the day, much of it on scaffolding, I was delighted to go to a warm gym and sweat on a treadmill. 8 miles, hitting the incline button every half mile, setting the grade to 5%, doing that for a 1/4 mile, then back down, for a half mile, and on and on.....1:05:07. It wasn't so bad. What's BAD is forgetting a towel, and having to dry off after the shower using paper towels/ hot air hand dryer. Ugh. Later, Walt.
                Walt Walt Walt, slip into the ladies locker room...they have the most amazing stuff in there...sorry I know this, lol. 8:45 on a Friday night, and heading to bed...but did get my laundry done...and Mary's soup, thanks. Tammy, never seen you gal with so few words...everything OK?...luv ya... Erika, prolly won't happen tomorrow. But my next pool running is going to be more than 2 mind numbing hours...hey, it's a goal at least. Sicko TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Had a "double" today. After the lunchtime workout, I had to take DS2 down to basketball tryouts again so hit the gym for more elliptical (15 minutes total today, just for warm up), then another 30+ minutes in the weight room working legs and abs. First time I've done a total of an hour full body workout in ages! Then 30 minutes of pool running at a "moderate" pace to wrap it up. I'm tired! Good luck on the "long run" in the pool, Tim. Two hours was really all I could stand. Tonight was perfect conditions though... hardly anyone there, nobody on the diving board (next to the lap lanes), and I had the wide lane by the wall all to myself. Nice and peaceful. DS2 made the JV Basketball team! Over half the kids who tried out didn't make it. He's pretty happy, but tired. This has been a long week for all of us.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well Erika, the long pool run is not going to happen today...I feel like I have been run over my a Mack truck - sore, achy, fever, blah blah blah. Congrats to your son, that is a big deal. As I remember sports when I was a youngster and the tryouts and stuff. Greta job on your workout / workouts too. Sounds like you are doing better...how's the foot holding up? From what you said, it may be something you just have to deal with and still run. Have a good day and weekend! Going to be lazy and do nothing today...and hope to be feeling better by at least Monday to get back to my workouts. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!