Masters Running

It's Thurs Mar 13 Masters Runs (Read 537 times)

Today's second run is over. It was nice as it warmed up to 40 from this morning's 30. A bit windy but it was only a little bit over 4 miles so that was not much of a problem. TammyinGP I went to Portland a few years ago for a conference and wish I had an opportunity to see more of Oregon. It seems like a great place to both visit and live. Have fun. Tall you are getting closer to winning the living through the board's worst weather award. Well, at least second place. Nobody can hope to (or I imagine wish!) to touch evanflein reports! btb1490 it ticks me off no end that if you just south of where I am to where you are you gain about 5 degrees! Smile Nice afternoon for a run glad you enjoyed yours. breger1 once you figure out how to ski powder it is totally addictive! The trick is to turn using your weight and not your leg muscles. Exaggerate the up and down motion. After that it is a matter of getting the timing right. Good luck with the conditions. I hope you enjoy your day.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

PDR....I'm sorry, I overlooked your post early this morning. I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt. Thinking of you and WRFB.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        nice runs today!! pdr - sorry to hear about your aunt - glad you and wrb will be able to take the trip out to be with family holly - sounds like the house selling is going well - hope you get the price you want cnyrunner - sounds like fun at the musuem - i haven't done a run around the charles in quite awhile but if you ever want to drive out and do a run (at my slower pace) i'd love to meet you there!! btb - i almost want to withhold ds2's pain meds and let him really think about the choices he's made esp. after seeing the news today about a 20yr old getting knifed with machete in govt. center - never know when these crazy people will have weapons - son has been getting an earful believe me!! today - squeezed in 3.75 miles at a 9:09 avg pace before we went to the hospital son is doing ok, surgery went well - he has 4 pins in his right hand and will need a specialized splint next week then OT once it starts healing!!

denise

16 miles starting with 10 min easy and ending with 10 min easy-10x2min moderate/3 min easy then 15 min easy and then 10x2min moderate/3min easy...tired now...that was hard and I'm gonna' suck at the marathon...time to rethink things... condolences Harriet...
            Interesting comments and thoughts you have, Tall. I can't say I agree, though. I do believe that kids need to have a neutral party to talk about their feelings. They may not tell us what they would tell a counselor as to how they feel for fear of upsetting one or the other parent. They are very, very vulnerable at this time, too. Anyway, my worries/thoughts. Good luck to you, too. I'm following JJJ's example and officially being a slouch today, too.
            PJH

Every Tuesday and Thursday is a group run where we do our speedwork. Tonight was 'tempo' night. 9.5 mi in 1:27:24 --- 2.9 mi w/u @9:58 ...3.7 mi (30 mins) tempo @8:04 ... 2.9 mi c/d @9:56. HR around 155 for the tempo part (about right) and around 140 for the w/u & c/d portion (still a little high). The tempo portion involves running a circular route about 1800 meters or 1.25 miles. It begins with a very steep uphill section lasting about 1/4 mile, continuing uphill for another 1/4 mile, followed by a flat section about 1/4 mile, and ending with a 1/2 mile fairly steep downhill portion. We did 3 laps ... a really good workout. Tested my resting HR while lying in bed one morning last week. I haven't tested since last fall when Hr was 39 bpm. It was 44 last week. It's gradually coming down but still a ways off 39 (I did see 143 for a few seconds, then I got excited and it went back up!). Great running everyone! Have a great evening! PJ