Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 2/8/09 (Read 701 times)

Hill Runner

Thanks Holly, Sun 18.08 miles Mon Tue 10.21 Wed Thur Fri Sat I came down with the Flu...another setback week. But I managed to get in almost 30 miles on only 2 days running before I got sick! 28.28 only 2 days running

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

TomD

Holly, With Donna home and improving each day I am finally able and have time to run some. I am going after it slowly. Donna and I will not be going to Sarasota, FL, next weekend, so I have quite a bit of time until a six hour run in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 4 weeks. I hope to reach 40+ miles next week. This week was 34.5 miles. Total Miles - 34.5 TomD

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly! and geat to hear from TomD.. best wished to Donna! Mon - 4 mi recovery w/hill sprints (4 mi @ 9:38 pace then 5 10 sec hill sprints) Tue - 11 miles MP on hills (11 mi @ 7:51) Wed - 9 mi with 6 at 7:20's (10 mi with 6 @ 7:21) Thu - 4 mi recovery (4 mi @ 9:36 pace) Fri - 13 mi m-LR (12.8 mi at MP 7:52 aerage pace progression style: slowest 8:40 fastest 6:57) Sat - 4 mi recovery ( 2mi @ 9:58 pace) Sun - 20 mi LR (20 mi of hills @ 9:24 pace) Total: 65 Actual: 63.8 miles with half of it MP or faster.. oops.... probably should stepback next week

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
            http://barefootrunner.org

I Can Go The Distance

Thanks Holly. Increased my mileage a little this week. Just did easy runs after my race on Sunday. Mon 5 mile recovery run Tues 8 miles easy Wed 5 miles easy Thur 8 miles easy Fri 5 miles easy Sat 6 miles easy Sun LR 13.1 miles Total 50.1 Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

DoppleBock

You are a machine!!! Your are putting in some nice work. I can't wait to see the results!!! What is your goal race and remind me to stay out of your way...
              Thanks ... I would have to string about 30 of these weeks in a row to get back into the shape you are already in 2 goal races 1st May 17 - Green Bay Marathon 2nd June 6-7 FANS 24 hour race

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HermosaBoy

Thanks ... I would have to string about 30 of these weeks in a row to get back into the shape you are already in 2 goal races 1st May 17 - Green Bay Marathon 2nd June 6-7 FANS 24 hour race
                As I recall, it wasn't too long ago that I was seeking your guidance on CR about how to get under 3 for the first time. With your training, it's just a matter of fine tuning ad tapering right -- you will hit it. You still pursuing the MAJOR carbo depletion strategy? I still haven't gotten that to work for me. I will be at FANS cheering on friends/teammates. Look for signs that say MN RED (Minnesota Running Eating and Drinking). We will definitely need to hook up for a couple of laps -- if you don't mind some company. I usually try to shoot for the early morning timeframe... BTW -- looking at your PRs -- they are kind of soft at distances shorter than the marathon. I am predicting some nice PRs if you decide to race some of the shorter stuff.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

DoppleBock

Definately see you at FANS -

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !