Masters Running

Friday 12/19 Master Runs - Last shopping weekend! (Read 434 times)

Tramps

An obvious point, perhaps, but all this talk about 'high" or "low" heart rates is kind of meaningless since everyone has their own range. A more meaningful comparison would look at, say, percentage of HRR. On a cool day, I can run well under 9:00 miles and still be in the 120's on my AHR, but that's just because my max is 179 and resting HR about 44. (A 128 AHR in a recent run, for example, puts me at 62% HRR). My 120's are somebody else's 150s, if you know what I mean. Mariposai--scary! Glad you're okay. Ribs--I confess, i had to read that a couple of times too. You've got an editor's eye. (Thanks for the info on MC, too.) Byll-funny story. I wouldn't have thought of that either. Leslie--bad boss; you need a union. Erika--you're no Scrooge; just sane. Good for you for putting limits on the consumption. Aamos--20 to 45 is not so bad...oh, wait...below zero. As dear departed Gilda used to say, "Never mind." All this talk of cookies has made me hungry.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Tramps, here is what MC is up to: http://www.kickrunners.com/forum//showthread.php?t=43831 You CT folks ought to join him. It should be fun to watch an AZ guy stumbling around in the snow. Spareribs
      evanflein

Yeah, Ribs... that thought crossed my mind! Did a quick workout at the gym at lunchtime. Two easy miles in my new shoes, stopping a couple times to adjust the metatarsal pads I was trying in them. I really like these shoes and I think they'll work great, but I'm thinking I'm going to customize a pad by cutting up an insole taken from one of my older shoes. They look like just the right thickness. Then a quick upper body workout, just the lat pulldown, chest flye/press combination I do, bent over one-arm rows, lateral raises and one set of the upper cable crossovers... not sure what that's called but it's a greta chest workout. Wink I'll do bi's/tri's and abs later... or tomorrow... or...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mari - whew but maybe PUT CHAINS ON YOUR CAR! even if it's downtown and flat, you never know what the other guy is going to do. timmi - sit down when you read this buddy boy. you may be way ahead of me in consecutive nonrunning days (48 - 20) but with the weather cancellation of two big events on Sunday, the Christmas Marathon and Dumb Ass 50K, it looks like I'll get a nonrunning PR day of 52.3 miles (even though it would have been impossible to do both if I wasn't tapering I would've wanted to). Now, if they'd only cancel the Pigtails 50K on Saturday that I'd like to do too, it'd be 83.4 miles of nonrunning this weekend. match that Mr. Taper King!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

munchkn883

Jumping in quickly to post my mere 2.5 mile walk tonight. Not much, but I got out!
            Mariposai

3 erika inspired miles this sunny and windy afternoon. 8F. This run helped me to clear my mind from this morning's scare.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

flatland mountaineer

We called it a day pretty early and DW got in 3 and I got in 4, a little brisk at 20 deg but no wind, with 3 inches of new snow it made for a very pretty Christmassy night. Didn''t see a soul other than some mama cows grazing on cornstalks.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Yea Munch! Wasn't it nice out?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Me and the mrs. got in a nice 6 miler this late afternoon. Then went and ate Mexican food with evryothrday and his grlfrnd. I love Mexican food. Tim.....you da man! The talk about dating reminded me of when mrsday and I began dating. We went to the movies then on the way home stopped on a dirt road to look at the stars. I finally got the nerve and asked her if she wanted to get in the backseat. She said, "No, I'd rather stay up front here with you." Roll eyes
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

mari - whew but maybe PUT CHAINS ON YOUR CAR! even if it's downtown and flat, you never know what the other guy is going to do. timmi - sit down when you read this buddy boy. you may be way ahead of me in consecutive nonrunning days (48 - 20) but with the weather cancellation of two big events on Sunday, the Christmas Marathon and Dumb Ass 50K, it looks like I'll get a nonrunning PR day of 52.3 miles (even though it would have been impossible to do both if I wasn't tapering I would've wanted to). Now, if they'd only cancel the Pigtails 50K on Saturday that I'd like to do too, it'd be 83.4 miles of nonrunning this weekend. match that Mr. Taper King!
                      LOL, really. The dumb ass race would be for me, truly. You would really do allll that??? if the conditions were right...geez. I am absolutely done with my pool workouts by the way I feel... sicker than a dog... You....er...I win See ya in Seattle, Indiana...that's right huh? HEY, with the weight work I am going to do now...I am going to "buff you out" deal with that one Tet Buddie T Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

The talk about dating reminded me of when mrsday and I began dating. We went to the movies then on the way home stopped on a dirt road to look at the stars. I finally got the nerve and asked her if she wanted to get in the backseat. She said, "No, I'd rather stay up front here with you." Roll eyes
                        Very cute and very funny!! Big grin Anybody ever had problems with a gallbladder before? A friend thinks that might be part of my stomach problems I've been experiencing - for years. A couple of years ago it sent me to the emergency room. Almost thought I was going there today. Anyway, will go to the doctor Monday and see what kind of tests can be done. Right now, if I eat anymore Rolaids I'm going to become one.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I am going to "buff you out" deal with that one Tet Buddie
                          . . . anything goes, . . . as long as you take off your shoes too, . . . and the goddesses are witnesses.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)