Masters Running

Wed 1-9 Meistersboomers runs and wo's (Read 678 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It's hump day! Just in from a nice hilly 13 miler in 1:55:20 (8:52,AHR 150) Just beautiful out on the country roads with the headlamp. 58F, shorts and tee! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Nice hilly MLR run to start us out, Perch. 7.2 miles for me today in a windy 41 degrees, with 10 x 100m striders. My legs/knees are a bit sore and stiff today from Monday’s squats/dead lifts and yesterday’s hills, so I went at a pretty slow pace in between the striders. Tomorrow is a rest day this week, and I think my knees are ready for it. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning Boomers. Cross-training day for me. 4.5 miles on the eliptical in 35 minutes with some squats and leg work. Our spring-like weather is going to come to a screetching halt - snow predicted for tomorrow and Friday. Oh, well - it was nice while it lasted... Good Wednesday runs, everyone.
          Good Morning! Nice running Perch and Holly. 12 miles for me in 1:41 with 6 mailbox to mailbox striders in the last mile. It was 48F at 5 AM and really foggy, so this was a dodge the truck, avoid the potholes, and wear all my reflective gear kind of run. I felt a bit flat at first without much lift in the legs, but by mile 4 I was in a groove. I arrived home in time for the mad rush around the house looking for homework, permission slips and clean gym socks for a certain 11 year-old. I told him I was going to come to the bus stop with him and kiss him goodbye and presto! he found all his lost items. Ha! Happy Wednesday to all CNY P.S. Hi Jeanne! We posted at the same time....good cross training (and keep the snow please)!

Me

Good Morning Everyone, 4 miles for me this blustery morning. 41 degrees with 30 mph gusts. Cheers Mike
              Two very easy miles on the indoor track. Leg felt OK, but just a slight ache in my glute, so things are progressing. I might try one of my outdoor routes on Friday, assuming that these major winds die down by then. "Happy Wednesday" seems to be the order of the day, so I'll pass it on. Smile

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I almost got blown away out there this morning! Shocked 8.4 miles in 1:24:49 (10:06 pace). Carpooled with WRFB this morning, so I caught a nice little nap on the way into work.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hill Runner

Spring like weather here in the Carolinas but no run for me this morning as I ran last night...my schedule has been off lately but I'm still managing to get my runs in. I'll run later tonight again hopefully. Good running to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Morning, All! Perch - great 13 miler in gorgeous weather! {{{{{{{{{{{{Munch}}}}}}}}}}} hugs and hope this is a better day for you. Sending prayers your way as well. Doug - glad to see you are healing! Good runs already this morning! It was windy here as well this morning - must be a theme. I had planned to do an easy treadmill run, but it was in the 50's when I got up at 5:00. I ended up doing a nice hilly route - 6.25 MP miles. It felt better than any runs of late - I think I'm ready for Disney, and the weather looks to be a vast improvement over last year's sweltering heat. We had a new Yoga instructor yesterday, and I was quite pleased. She moved quickly and efficiently from warmup through a series of challenging poses without a lot of philosophical chatter like my previous instructor. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

5miles on treadmill at work this morning. 2 miles easy 2miles harder, and 1 easy mile. Middle 2 were 1/4 mile intervals at about 1:45 per. then recovery jog. Going to gym this morning to get my weight lifting when done on computer. Have good day all. Ps hope your glute is better Rochester.
                        My ortho said to stop whining and get back on the road (i.e., to HTFU -- and if you don't know what that means, you need to venture outside of Masters Running sometimes Smile). I figure there's nothing wrong with letting a nagging injury heal, so I'm going to continue my rest period (with the added sleep benefit), and start running again on the weekend.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

For the second time in about 3 months......I have managed to fall UPSTAIRS.... I was at a basketball game and had 5 minutes to go before we were on the air broadcasting. The arena we were in had no washrooms on the court level, so I headed up into the stands where I saw a tunnel heading out to the concessions. I figured there had to be washrooms there and I needed to quickly use the washroom and get back to my seat at courtside. Well, being in a hurry I tried to go up the stairs at the same time I turned the corner and managed to pitch head first into the end seat of the second row. Fortunately there was no one in row two, seats one and two. However, by the look on their faces I could tell that it was a little worrisome for the couple in row three, seats one and two as they wondered if the seats were going to stop me. Being male, I quickly recovered by looking back at the steps with a "the darn steps tripped me" look. Anyway, I am sore this morning all through my chest on the left side where the plastic molded seat nailed me. My run this afternoon will be VERY short and VERY easy until I can determine that I am okay. I am quite confident it is only a bruise (of both chest and ego). Edited to add that my 3.48 miles WAS painful. I had to hold my hand over my chest much like you would do when pledging allegiance to the flag. This stopped the chest area from jiggling and being painful. Oh well, it will pass and could have been much worse.
                          Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

(i.e., to HTFU -- and if you don't know what that means, you need to venture outside of Masters Running sometimes Smile).
                            Well....I know what STFU menas, but HTFU? What does the H stand for (assuming the other words are the same)? Vista - ouch!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

A well deserved REST day today. Yoga class last night did wonders to my body and my mind.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Well....I know what STFU menas, but HTFU? What does the H stand for (assuming the other words are the same)?
                                See the second post of http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e7c91163d11a4a4ea00d6e3a6b490e98 . Also there's an interesting video posted in the third post, but I wouldn't watch it at work or if you have sensitive ears. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com