Masters Running

Sun 10/19 - Happy Sunday Everyone!!! (Read 427 times)

The Jogger

Hey Karin great time especially after your fall, hope you're okay. I can go to bed now, I've seen Mary finished her marathon yooooooooooooo What a brilliant time, so proud of ya Smile Smile Roy
      great times for Karin and Mary!! can't wait to read the reports!!

denise

evanflein

Karin still had an excellent time despite the road rash (ouch!), hope you recover well and heal up quickly. Way to go, and looking forward to the race report. And Mary! Wow, sounds like you had an excellent first marathon; you finished smiling and happy and that's the absolute best result. I'm always saddened by those who finish their first saying OMG what a torture that was, I'll never do that again! You're upbeat and happy and that's awesome. Big congratulations to you! Steve, wouldn't that be nice to find a simple cure like an extra bone or something that just needs to come out. My problem comes from dear old dad... my feet look a lot like his, but I damaged mine from 7+ years in retail sales wearing high heels that were almost surely too small, standing on my feet 8-10 hours a day. Here's a good time to wish for revisionist history, but now I have to deal with it. I managed my 2 hours in the pool today. The best part was half an hour into it when I realized my MIL was in the lane next to me. At 72 (I think... maybe 74?), she has a strong and graceful stroke that explains her master's swimming top times she sets at every meet. We had a couple of brief chats, but it did help pass the time just watching her. No "slash-o-matic" from her, just smooth efficient swimming. It was fun. Then the last half hour was with the open swim crowd... lots of loud kids and some bullet-headed guys with big bellies who loved to do the cannonball jumps off the diving board when I was nearby. Angry Finished with a couple of laps of swimming to let my legs do something different in the water. Amazing how good the foot feels in the water, but the first step on land reminds me I'm not 100%. (but overall... feels much better now!)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ummm Jlynne, did I say the Cots rock...the Packers did..sigh. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Just skimmed to see Karin and Mary's results. Nice finish, Karin after that fall. Way to keep plugging. Mary -- well done! You're a marathoner now!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

munchkn883

Gee, after reading these daily runs, it is almost embarrassing to post mine. 4 mile walk with friend around Lake Lynn in Raleigh.
                Tim BQ time for you would be 3:30:59 (8:03 pace) next year it will be 3:35:59. That 5 minutes makes a big difference as well as the experience from this one. Good luck Tim Congrats to our marathon ladies, lookin forward to RR's

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

5 miles cross-country with Dark Colt. He was flying the last mile: best I've seen him run in years. End-of-day sunlight, golden leaves underfoot, temperature dropped from 44 to 39 degrees during the run. I wore running shorts and two t-shirts, which felt about right. Dark Colt wore a light sweatshirt and quickly overheated; he'll learn. This day finished better than it started: at 5 a.m. in the frosty woods, after spending the night in sleeping bags under the trees, no tents. We got up in the dark, packed our gear in the dark, ate our cold chow in the dark, and returned to the armory to clean weapons the rest of the day. Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, troublemaker... now you got me thinking about doing a double.......
                    francalina - it still wouldn't be as many miles as your consecutive ultras in May but, in case you can get Friday off too, there's always the Wishbone Marathon to make it a Fri/Sat/Sun triple!Big grin (i'll do it if you or arf do too; SRL?).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tim - I was at the game. I felt bad for the Colts - they had SO many penalties. That's been the Packers' problem the last few weeks. My DH and I talked about the game as we were walking to the stadium and said that our defense had to step up or Peyton was going to kill us. They really played well. It was nice to win one in a convincing fashion - sorry it was your team! Karin and Mary sound great - can't wait to read their reports tomorrow. Nono - you too! Way to run that half. Hope you're feeling great.
                        Way to Go Mary and Nono----awesome running! I just posted a report----your turns now! Off to the land of Nod Karin
                          Great race, CNY runner, shame about the fall, well done to tough it out. I ran my fall half this morning, the Goodlife Fitness Toronto Marathon and half, had a great race. I have been running 2 years now, so this event marks an anniversary for me and I plan to do it each year. Last year it was my first half, I ran 1:55Tight lippedx. This year I tried a taper experiment, no running at all for a full week before the race. Either that worked or the cool weather helped, I ran a massive 7 minute PB, including the final 5k, much of which is gently uphill, in 23:15, which is almost unbelievable to me. Final chip time 1:42:58, no problems, delighted with my time. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Mariposai

Erika, two hours in the water....wow...of course that is what my non-running friends also say about me running for two, three or four hours. I wish you luck sistah. Hang in there.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard