Masters Running

Charlevoix Saturday daily (Read 36 times)

Mariposai

Wishing good luck to the RA family members who are racing today, specifically the Charlevoix gang.

It is 76F now here. I better get going to do my run. By 8am it supposed to be closed to 80.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...mornin mari//...............Good Racing to The Crew.......

===========

stormy here,

managed to get in a poolrun before any thunderboomers hit....

30-min pr, no belt, closed fists, deep end only

..........apparently the only Trick I know right now.

bikeride tomorrow

........................good running guys............Nice WorkOut to mikeE

ETA-(((((((lamerunner)))))))))))

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Mornin' Nancy, Tom, and the rest to come.

Hot there, Nancy! Good pr, Tom.

I RW'd a 5K in Biddeford, ME at 8 this morning. About 62F, clear skies, nice course, small race. I finished in 32:16; not my best, but good enough for an AG 3rd place today.

Gotta go check off yard work before the rains come in tonight.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Well the Boston weather was so nice today, that even though it was close to noon when I went out, it was 70 with little or no humidity. Some days it pays to sleep in Wink

06/25 evanflein - Jim Loftus Mile Race - was your race cancelled?

06/27-28 Fatozzig - Double FatAss 50k, Humboldt Co, CA - oh I LOVE Humboldt - almost went to college there, but my mother was worried about the local crop and my GPA Wink

06/27 wildchild - North Fork 50k, Pine, CO - how is the weather holding out for you?

06/27 Ileneforward - Pirate's Rum Run 5K, LB CA - Ilene - you run the best races!

06/28 Ileneforward - Disco Fever 5K, LB CA

06/28 Opie - Mission Valley Duathlon, Socorro, TX - will you see Ribs and The Saint? TX being such a small state and all that

Love seeing pics from the Charlevoix gang - more please!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Good Luck and Good racing Charlevoix runners! Great photos.

Way to go Jay! The 10,000 meter racewalkers are going for it right now on USATF.tv (Nationals out in Oregon) We are watching the live feed on-line. Very cool!

Ran 15 miles with a fast finish mostly on the Baystate Greenway trail. I was on the road from last Sunday until last night---NC, OH and then CO. Ran on the Pikes Peak Greenway on Thursday and Friday mornings and then on my area one this morning. No complaints. I travel to great places, but home is always best.

Lamerunner! Oh my goodness. I hope you are well on the mend now and will get your strength back soon. Scary. Healing hugs to you!

Sunny and bright this morning and clouding up now....lots of local fireworks and such cancelled because of heavy rain moving into area tonight. I am glad I had time for some long miles this morning.

My teammate Amy Rusiecki is the race director for the VT 100 this year and many of my teammates are volunteering (I am on the Sunday clean-up crew). if you are in the area of Southern, VT and are inclined to volunteer, we can use you! We also need medical professionals to round out the medical team volunteers. Join us July 18-19! http://vermont100endurancerun.blogspot.com

King of PhotoShop

Sad to say Lamerunner's name matches the condition. Heal up and get back at it.

Disaster day for me. First time in my life I DNF'd in a 5K! At one mile I just couldn't make my legs go, and this was at a very slow pace. I stopped the watch and stopped me.  What did people go back to before the drawing board was invented?  My calves felt tight and burning and I wasn't going anywhere!

But I'll figure that out and no biggie.  The Saint however, ran quite well and finished AG 2nd, so I am proud of her.  I'm going to take a nap, watch a bad baseball game and then tonight we'll take the train into Dallas, eat dinner and go to an art show.  Spareribs

evanflein

06/25 evanflein - Jim Loftus Mile Race - was your race cancelled?

It was actually postponed, rescheduled for July 9 so we'll see how that goes!

Nice running, CNYrunner! We had our fireworks all canceled here too but because of fires. Amy seems like a natural to be the RD for a 100 miler.

Ribs! Hope all is ok. Sounds like you've got a good recovery plan though. Congrats to the Saint on her great race!

Mariposai, enjoy the warm temps! We were so hot and dry that the whole state caught fire. Now it's cooler and kinda wet here, and smoky. I don't think the little bit of rain we've gotten is enough to make a dent in the fires, but maybe it'll help the firefighters get some headway on them. I think this weekend is going to be a lot of indoor activity like cleaning, sorting, laundry, etc. Not a bad thing all in all, but not what I wanted to be doing on a late June weekend!

IMike, happy anniversary.  Lame, what a bummer about your arm.  I hope you're recovered soon.   Jay, nice 5K with 3rd in AG.  ribs, sorry to hear about the DNF and hope it was not due to anything serious.  Congrats to the Saint on her 2nd in AG.

Nice long run for CNY and good job on the speedwork for heme.

What a great time we're having in Charlevoix.  Everyone is so enjoyable and compatible.  It's hard to believe that a lot of us have never met in person before.  For the races, the weather was great.  It was probably in the mid 50s to 60 at the start of the various races.  Much of most of the courses was shaded by trees.  For the marathoners, it got a bit warm by the end.  Everyone was satisfied with their results and no one is injured.  Holly, Aamos, and Tara (Holly's friend and potential RA member) did well in the marathon.  Aamos was 3rd Masters woman.  Slo, Dave, roch, and Steve did well in the half.  I was satisfied with my 5K results.  My GPS gave me a time of 32:19, distance ov 3.14 miles and paste of 10:18.  This is almost the same as my last several 5Ks.  I did a mile before the race and 1.9 miles after to give me 6 miles for the day.  The others can give you the details of their races themselves.

We've eaten a lot, had less sleep than we would at home, there have been some adult beverages consumed, and this afternoon, we walked all over Charlevoix.  We're now looking forward to supper even though no one is hungry.  It looks like there will be a campfire tonight at Steve's campsite.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

lamerunner

Greetings!   I hope the Charlevoix folks had or will have a great race!  Still alive here. The swelling in my arm is gone and i think I am really on the mend.  We hiked Moosilauke today; I was not super strong but we got up and down in one piece, and it was a nice day. We don't hike in that part of the state often but DH wanted to stop by a family event in Piermont NH involving long lost relatives, so the timing worked. It is kind of "the other big mountain" if you are not near the Presidentials. It is a pretty area.   I am still tired but hoping to rally.  Kind of amazing how much this infection business takes out of you, and I am generally healthy.  Planning to run tomorrow. Covered in saran wrap if it is raining.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - nice racing!

Lamerunner - scary!  Glad you are on the mend.

Ribs - that is scary too.   I hope it is nothing but an off day.

What a lovely day in Charlevoix!  We are enjoying some grilled brats and beer now, after a full day of racing and walking around to see the mushroom houses and an arts festival.  Everyone seems to have achieved their various race goals, which is very cool.  As for me, I didn't really know what to expect.  I realized earlier this week that 32 miles was too long for my last LR, and my legs were still tired.  However, they rallied pretty well today, considering.  The temps were not bad, 58 at the start and roughly 70 at the end, but the marathoners have a lot of time in the open sun from 7 to 19 miles, which is a bit tough, and it felt much hotter.   I ended up with 4:40:09, and I am not unhappy with that.

The best part of the weekend, though, is meeting up with these wonderful RAers, and sharing experiences, laughs and stories.  I am again struck by what great quality folks we have in this group.   Amy, btw, won 3rd Master Woman!  And this was her 149th marathon!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Way to go, Charlevoix racers!  We need pictures, please!  Yay Amy on 3rd masters woman!

I had a fun 50k race today, but it got hot by the end - glad I wasn't doing the 50 mile option!  A bunch of my friends were there, both running and working aid stations, and I made a few new friends, too.  I passed the 26.2 mile point in 5:54 and figured the Charlevoix marathoners would all be long finished and gone off to eat and shower already!  I finished in 7:12, and was 4th in my AG, but I don't know how many total yet.   My Garmin measured the course at 32.1 miles.   It was hilly and 100% on trails, but not technical for the most part -  nice easy dirt trails.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yeah, Holly, I can honesty say that I have not met one RA'er that I haven't liked.  Congratulations on your marathon and I'm really glad you're having a good time.

Tom--congratulations on your 10k.  And keep bugging Tara to join our group.

Do you swim in an outdoor pool, tomwhite?

Way to go Jay!  Nice racewalking today.

I'm glad you seem to be healing up okay, lamerunner.

How did the run go, Nancy?

I love sleeping in, too, La Tortuga...I just haven't been able too, lately.

Karin--anytime somebody mentions Pikes Peak, it reminds me of when Mikey and I went out there and ran the marathon.  We sure did have a great time.  If it wasn't for all the flying, it might be nice to travel like you do...but I would always be looking forward to spending time at home.

Hey!  Congratulations to the Saint!  Hope you're feeling better, Ribs.  You must have really been feeling bad to drop out.

Erika--some guy was burning some brush next to the trail I run on and experienced just a couple of seconds of what you must be going through...I didn't like it.

Wild--ho, hum...another 50k in the books...what are you doing tomorrow for a recovery run...15 to 20 up the side of some mountain?  Nice job!

Congratulations to Amy, too...amazing!

You are all amazing!

After going into work for a little while, this morning, I came home and went to a neighborhood kid's grad party, did a 10.2 mile, edged and mowed my lawn, cleaned out my gutters a little bit, showered, ate...and, now, I am bushed.  I'm kind of thinking of walking back down to that party, though, and getting some more food.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

What a great weekend! What fantastic individuals! My goals were met. I started. I finished. I had fun in between. And to the best of my knowledge – I didn't bite anyone.

SteveP

evanflein

Nice to hear the Charlevoix reports starting to come in. Glad it was a great weekend, but hey, what else could it be, right? I sure hope we get more pictures...

I spent too much time earlier today shopping, but got a lot of stoopid stuff taken care of that I don't normally get to do. Steady drizzle all day, nothing heavy but steady light rain. It did seem to lighten up a bit later on though, and I ventured out on a run to DH's office where he was working and we could ride home together. Almost like the way Marj and Henry run out and take the T back! (ok, almost but not quite) Run was good! Meant to just be a steady state run, but ended up being more like a tempo run. 9.6 miles total with an average pace of just under 8 m/m. Last mile was 7:38, which was almost my 10k pace. Felt good and strong throughout. Maybe the light rain helped? I sure didn't overheat. Hope that doesn't toast my long run tomorrow though. I need 15 to get my 50 mile week.