Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 11/4/12 (Read 215 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run 40 miles/week or more. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard...

Here’s what I have for last week’s tally. 

Who

Miles

Commentary

Fortunate One

Nice 30-mile weekend

Holly

Got the LR in, in spite of a busy weekend.

Opie

Back in the groove

Pfriese

Solid

IBleedUnionBlue

Feeling better is good

C-R

Stuff gets in the way, I know

MikeE

Family issues sometimes get in the way of runs – I know

Dopplebock

??

Work seriously putting a crimp in the running

Here’s my tentative plan for the week. 

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

0 miles

5 miles

Weights and core on the TM

Tuesday

4-6 miles

0 miles

Easy pace weights and core

Wednesday

4-6 miles

4.4 miles

Easy pace

Thursday

4-6 miles

4.3 miles

Easy pace

Friday

0 miles

19 miles

Weights and core long run

Saturday

13-6 miles

0 miles

Long run lazy butt

Sunday

4-6 miles

10 miles

Recovery pace

Total

42.7 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Going back through the workouts I did to prepare for St. George, I was pleased to see that yesterday's roughly 12-miler was much better than the corresponding one in late August.  Here's what this week holds:

Day..........................Plan............................................................................................................................Actual

Monday...4 miles + 6 strides.......................................................................................................................4.5

Tues...2 mi. warm up + fartlek (3x7 min. @MP with 3 min. recovery jogs) + 2 mi. cool down........6.8

Wed....6 miles easy.......................................................................................................................................6

Thurs..6 miles easy + 6 strides..................................................................................................................6.4

Friday...1 hr. XT like a bike ride or rest.......................................................................................................rest

Sat......5 miles easy + 6 strides...................................................................................................................5.4

Sunday...13 miles with the last 4 @MP.....................11.3 with the last 2.28 @MP before I stopped, sick

Total.........about 42.........................................................................................................................................40.2

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Day

Plan

Actual

Commentary

Monday

6 miles

6 miles

Treadmill at recovery pace 

Tuesday

0 miles

Wednesday

6 miles

5 miles 

Including 3 miles at tempo pace 

Thursday

6 miles

6 miles

Easy pace--pub run

Friday

4 miles

12 miles 

Easy pace

Saturday

6 miles

6 miles

Easy pace

Sunday

12 miles

5 miles

5 M race; 2 AG

Total

40 miles 

40 miles

Cutback week

C-R

I have a HM this weekend so there is hope. I'm in.

MTA: Finally tally 40.3 and had to run a double today to get across the line.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

I have a HM this weekend so there is hope. I'm in.

Which one?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Monumental here in Indy. The irony of that race name and my running at this time is, well, thick.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM #7877

a couple 7's and a couple 6's add up to 40.

Philippians 4:13.