Masters Running

Tue Jun 3 Runs and Workouts (Read 513 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Congratulations to Wildchild!! It's great that you're employeed again so soon (other than school schedule) Long commute isn't fun, but encouraging that you can do some work from home. Roch-I don't think I want to get in trouble, so I'm not saying Tight lipped Enke--I love running in the warmish rain, too. as long I'm smart enough to wear a hat to keep the rain off my glasses.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

3 easy miles @ 10:27 pace....it was hot, it was humid, it was beautiful.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        hello everyone, happy running and workouts.... Congratulations Wildchild! Big grin BCMorant/Bruce, I am looking forward to meeting you at the Lomita race in a few weeks. Ran 3 miles yesterday @11 min pace, just doing cross training today (plyometrics, planks, sqats, all kinds of fun stuff). I want to clear off my schedule for Thursday so I can watch the Celtics vs. Lakers with the Huz.
          Congrats Wildchild!!! So happy for you. I had one of those breakthrough’s today!!! Warmed up with a 30 minute ez run before the track workout and based on how I felt yesterday (so-so) I was not expecting too much. My coach has me with the sub 36 10k guys now and the workout was 1K, 1 minute rest, then 500meters and 45 second rest, then 500 meters with a 2 minute rest and then repeat two more times. At first I was not sure I could stay with the 3 guys since they go out crazy fast, but I did hanging on them the whole way and on the last 500 with 200 meters to go I still had tons and blew past them (, two guys that run 1:18 halfs and close to 34 minute 10K’s) and no one could catch me. The important thing with this workout was that I figured I could hang with these fast guys…something I did not think I could do…this happened with a previous group last year. It’s an amazing feeling and you realize that so much of racing and performing at this level is mental. Yes you have to be physically fit but the major breakthrough’s are mental.. Major advantage of running with people faster than you. Tall (still amazed at a super fast workout one week after a marathon)

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

I cannot tell you how wildchild's post lit me up when I logged on after dinner. On this site we have seen heartaches and disappointments related to jobs. People get frustrated with their jobs, have difficult bosses, feel out of synch with the company's goals, or get laid off or lose their jobs for various incomprehensible reasons. It's a difficult time in the US regarding jobs, company loyalty and economic factors, as we all know. And although we are very supportive of each other here when this happens, it is always true that the cream rises to the top. Remember when she got the bad news? There was absolutely no moaning, no feeling sorry for herself. And when people offered advice, ideas I was sure she already knew, she was so gracious about it, listened to everyone, thanked everyone, and never complained. In the consulting field, SME is not always important. What is important is looking for people who have the energy to run through walls for you, know the process and feel "right" with the client. Wildchild has it. I am so happy to learn that some company is very lucky today. A salute to you Wildchild. Good luck. Spareribs
            Henrun

Ran a 'recovery' 3 this morning after a 10 miler (in the heat) on Heartbreak Hill yesterday. Slow but no aches or pains. I fell asleep after the second period last night. Can't imagine staying up for a triple overtime. Enjoyed watching 2 good hockey teams slugging it out. Hope the Wings win it-I still root for the original 6.

Maniac 505

Wildchild WOO HOO!!! Enke, I know what you mean about running outside VS running on the treadmill, I dislike the dreadmill, but I will run outside in just about anything Seattle can dish up. The hardest part about running in the rain for me, is the first step. After a few miles I am just as wet from sweat, so it doesn't matter. Easy 6 miles for me in the rain today, fun run, I am finally starting to feel like a runner again. Dave
                  Cute puppies, Mary. I think I'm in love. And most excellent news Wildchild - I've always been partial to being employed. Cool 4 pokey-but-not-too-ouchie miles at the track for me today.
                  "I think I can, I think I can..."
                  evanflein

Yeah! Lil' Engine posted in the daily! Glad to have you back. How are those boys doing? I remember you saying they liked to throw you around a bit (in fun), and one time you had a rib get hurt, right? I think of that when I look at my own boys... both taller than I am now! Yeah x2! Carolyn got a job! That is quite a commute... good thing they'll do the work-from-home thing at times. At $4+ per gallon, that means a lot! All you rain runners, you can have it! As I've said before, I'm really a fair weather runner. Funny given the temps I'll run in... But when we have really cold temps the weather is beautiful, sunny and clear. I dislike wind and I really don't like rain. I don't like rain in my face... Maybe it's because most of our rain comes with wind, and it's usually blowing right in my face, ick. Total ick. Oh well, I've done it before and I'm sure I'll do it again, but I really prefer to avoid running in the rain. No rain today, a little wind but not much. 73F, partly cloudy, 6.05 miles in 51:28 for about a 8:31 avg pace. Funny, cuz it's an out and back (or down and up), my paces were about 8 on the three downhill, and about 9 on the 3 uphill, hence the 8:30 or so avg. Worked out pretty well, actually! I do need to work at acclimating to the heat though... (ha, some of you may laugh, but I overheated early on at Boston!!).
                    Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Wildchild: I'm joining in congratulating you on your new job!! Enke: when it comes to running, I too like much better cool and rainy over sunny and 65, I guess that's a good thing with Seattle weather! ..it is still raining out there...
                      SteveP

Have fun Tall...Darn black flies
                        Three cheers for Carolyn! YAY WILDCHILD! Congratulations!
                        Lil Engine has milage too!! Sweet 3 miles with DW and Ace the interior decorating dog! If I was still single, I'd have never notice how the dog rearranged things. DW picked up on it right away.

SteveP