Masters Running

Monday Feb 18 Runs (Read 715 times)

Thank you for the advice and links Soundrunner. Looking at the maps I think I might try doing a 15 mile stretch that sort of follows the marathon course. As to the park I have never been there. I have been to Vancouver but I never really saw much of it since my trips there have never been more than a day or two. I am sure the park is really nice and I am looking forward to seeing it. But, it is likely I will not only run it on Thursday but Friday too. So that is at least two laps!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, you could do a lot worse than having to run 3 loops of Stanely Park. I believe it still has some old-growth forest. I only ran there once, from my hotel downtown. There is a pedestrian path along the waterfront along Burrard Inlet? that is runnable, to get you there and back. Soundie, where is your report? Anyone into trail running? I need to buy trail shoes. I just printed the entry form for the Cougar Mountain trail running series. It is only a stone's throw from here, so I just can't resist. And you get a discount for signing up for all 4 races. I used to hike there all the time when the kiddos were small and we lived practically on its border, so I am familiar with most of the trails. All 4 races fit nicely in my calendar. I think Tet did one of the races last year and said it was pretty crowded. I was forced Wink to do some of my afternoon long runs there last summer to avoid the sun. It sure is nice to daydream about summer.....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hill Runner

Hi all, Late post for me as I ran tonight...just couldln't get out of bed this morning.. 10.10 miles of hills @ 9:05 pace

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

pfriese

Happy anniversary Dromedary & her DH. We've had two consecutive great days for running here. I was able to get in a lap around the lake before dark! 8.15 miles @ 9:08/mile pace Paul
            I just have to say it... SOUNDRUNNER ROCKS!!!
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dromi-chan - kekkon kinenbi omedetou gozaimasu 2cat - yes, for sure 3x Stanley Park - savor/savor/savor - lucky guy (or run out to UBC and back) enki - I love the Cougar Mountain trail runs too and've got to do 'em all (5/7/10/13 miles but not in same year). RD'd by Seattle Running Co guru who tells runners to eschew cushiony-heeled road shoes and advises thinner but stiffer (for the rocks) soled trail shoes to be closer to ground and less chance of twisting ankle (he agrees my thongs are plenty low enough!). Go see 'em on Capitol Hill if you can (and get lots of other tips on their Sunday morning trail runs). soundi - wonderful run in the sun for you (and lynden?). lunar eclipse - Seattle partial eclipse starts at 1:51 a.m / full from 2:52 a.m. - 4:22 am / partial ends at 5:24 a.m.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Yes, yes, getting on that report. Results are up and I've lost all sense of accomplishment. They have someone else in my place and my time all wrong... Cry I've already e-mailed the race director.
                  hey everyone!! i went to a great triathlon clinic yesterday, worked last night, and set my alarm today to get up at 3:30 for a run.......it was 57 degrees - wooohooo!! ran 5 miles in 48:25 for a 9:40 avg pace........now back at work for another 12 hour shift speaking of the triathlon clinic ........Dave McGilvary was one of the speakers - one of his first questions was to get a sense on who had run a triathlon and what distance .......then asked who hadnt run one yet but was there because they wanted to.......so i raised my hand as well as a handful of others and he picked me - asked my name and asked for the TriFury member who organized the clinic to take me out to the hall for a minute - so we go out and 30 seconds later he calls us back in..........well we open the door and everyone is standing applauding me --- i turn BEAT red Blush then he calls me to the front and puts a medal around my neck and said "this medal is because you just made a commitment to me and everyone in this room that you will complete a tri and earn your own medal - when you do that, get this medal back to me" again everyone starts clapping --- so cool but i nearly croaked.........he was great - what an awesome speaker, i spoke with him after his talk and told him i graduated Medford HS just a few years after him so when i read his book The Last Pick i recognized all the names and places he mentioned - thought that was pretty cool!! so.........now i'm on a search for my first triathlon and to figure out where i am going to swim!!

denise

I should be asleep, but I am too keyed up. Mucho delayed into Atlanta tonight and I am having trouble getting settled now that I am at the hotel. Soundrunner, take heart. You know what you achieved and I am sure the race director will correct everything. Don't let a race results posting error take away your hard earned accomplishment (although do tell soon!---we all want to cheer). deez4boyz---that's incredible and talk about motivation. I enjoyed his book as well and have heard his talks. Incredible. Holly, all I need is space for sneakers---no laptop even. I am sure I can get you to Barcelona somehow. Enke, I have Teva trail running shoes that feel like the sandals---they are dusty rose colored and I love them. They have a glove like fit with thin soles, but are very sturdy. I wish I could remember the exact model. OK ....G'night all. CNY