Masters Running

2nd biggest loser.... Moosemeat at Lower Potomac Marathon... (Read 413 times)

I just saw that Wardian is running National again in two weeks (I believe he's won the last three). Sure, his course PR is about an hour and a quarter faster than my marathon PR but now that you got him all worn out....Tongue
    I don't think Wardian gets "all worn out". The weekend before running with Ray, Wardian ran and won the USATF 50K National Road Championship race in Caumsett Park in 2:56:36 (5:42/mile). He was named USATF Ultra Runner of the Year for 2008. I met him at VCM in 2007 - a nice guy. (Ray, he beat me too. Big grin ) Sorry the weather conspired against you Ray. You are still a damn fine runner and in cooler weather, that sub 2:40 will be yours. Skip

Marathon Maniac #957

Too funny! The most annoying thing about marathon training is how you can work so hard for a target race, only to have the weather toss it all for you. Still, pretty fargin' darn speedy in my book, and another one down. Nice job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

HermosaBoy

At times this whole 2:40 thing looks a bit quixotic, but its been fun trying and maybe it would be cooler to hit it in my 50s (which are rapidly approaching. Ray
        You just can't control the weather. You got that sub 2:40 in you. Rest up, get back after it and find another race to run. Keep tilting at windmills!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

You just can't control the weather. You got that sub 2:40 in you. Rest up, get back after it and find another race to run. Keep tilting at windmills!!!
          Thanks Rob... And if I don't ever make it, I'll just live vicariously through your success.! Ray
          HermosaBoy

Thanks Rob... And if I don't ever make it, I'll just live vicariously through your success.! Ray
            Repeat after me -- I WILL MAKE IT! Now go get in an easy 5...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob