Masters Running

The Wednesday Daily, 9.24.14 (Read 39 times)

C-R

You guys are too funny.

Excellent fall day here so I got some miles after the soccer match. Enjoyed the sunset and comfy temps.

Have a great evening.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

C-R: during the World Cup, I heard that the average player runs more than 10K/game and officials even more.
      Thanks jay for the idea that the proscription on over-striding isn’t just for running.

Amy - have fun in the holy hours of running.
      . . . Have you seen God in His splendors,
      . . . heard the text that nature renders?
      . . . (You'll never hear it in the family pew).
      . . . The simple things, the true things, the silent men who do things --
      . . . Then listen to the Wild -- it’s calling you

I remember a NW Runner article from those days about the virtual impossibility of recalling/reciting favorite memorized poetry while running, or trying to memorize new ones, because of so many surrounding distractions and intervening thoughts.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Amy - have fun in the holy hours of running.
        . . . Have you seen God in His splendors,
        . . . heard the text that nature renders?
        . . . (You'll never hear it in the family pew).
        . . . The simple things, the true things, the silent men who do things --
        . . . Then listen to the Wild -- it’s calling you

I remember a NW Runner article from those days about the virtual impossibility of recalling/reciting favorite memorized poetry while running, or trying to memorize new ones, because of so many surrounding distractions and intervening thoughts.

This is nice, Tet.

Sorry you didn't get to go to Australia, twocat, but nice 14 mile run instead. I liked the "beat my blerch!", Enke.

That was a wonderful poem, Amy. It sounds like you had a good trip to Thunder Bay. Too bad you didn't get to meet MikeE. I have that on my list of things to do, but he's leaving the Twin Cities just when I get there.  I see that Rochrunner drove through Worthington last week and didn't let me know until he was safe in Michigan. Tammy, I am going to miss your Minnesota trip by one weekend. I did not get into the 10 Mile race at Twin Cities, so am doing Stillwater Log Run on Saturday.

Weather here is terrific, 73° and no wind. The leaves are starting to turn, I love fall. Just a short 3 mile run at 6pm, but it was faster than I thought. Mile 2 was 10:32 so I am getting there. I checked out the elevation for the race, and it looks to be gentle hills, but there is one heck of a downhill at mile 7 when it drops 200 feet in 1/4 mile. The campground is near the start of the race so plan to check that out on Friday. I better get some stuff packed since we are leaving with the camper at noon tomorrow. MrStarr had minor surgery on his foot today and is supposed to keep it elevated, right!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

C-R

C-R: during the World Cup, I heard that the average player runs more than 10K/game and officials even more.

Very true. Usually players on a professional level run between 10k and 15k. The higher number is for midfielders.

Being an engineer, I have kept pedometers in my pocket for about ten games as a center (main ref) and AR (line judge). Typically in a HS match I run about 5 miles in the middle and 4 on the line. 40 minute periods. I find the lines are more speed work since I have to dead sprint more than in the center. One of the best comments I had was from a senior boy who told me after the game he was surprised I was able to run with them on break away plays. I figure I have about 10 more years before I will have trouble keeping pace but it sure is fun.

Ok. Enough goofy engineer stuff.

Evening everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I figure I have about 10 more years before I will have trouble keeping pace but it sure is fun.

very true. The strange things don't really start happening until 60-yo,

to say nothing of becoming 70.  I have a mt. Fuji T-shirt with:

:"Enjoy Yourself. Younger days are gone before you think>"

Be glad when you get here that you did,

as you sure are.

Have fun,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Love the poem, Amy

Blerch.

SteveP