Masters Running

Weekly Newbies (Read 428 times)

Yeah Disney isnt really centrally located but its fun. I will search for something centrally located middle of the year. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

xor

Disney is kind of a pain because their events sell out far in advance... hard for some folks to commit that far out. Might I suggest Flying Pig? It's a great weekend with events of different distances... 5k and 10k on saturday. half and full marathons on sunday. It is somewhat central, it is a hub city for Delta (for now... who knows what the merger with NWA will mean yet?) and for those who choose not to fly Delta, Cincy is somewhat close to Columbus, Indy, and Louisville for price comparison shopping. It's in May. So sorta kinda middle of the year. (that said, I won't be going to the pig next year. I'm already committed to another race that weekend)

Disney would be cool because we could also celebrate my birthday. Big grin Yep, even though I'm mostly lurking, it's all about me. Flying Pig sounds fun, too, though. And I like the "access, options, and choices" it offers. (A favorite buzz phrase of a former supervisor.) Pigs WOULD fly before I'd be ready to do a marathon, or probably even a half, but a 10K, now that's something I could see myself signing up for and actually running. Then I could be part of the support team for the HM and marathon folks on Sunday. Smile I'll likely always being doing 5K's the first Saturday in November, Thanksgiving, and New Years Day if y'all want to come visit me "down the shore" in NJ. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'd love to meet up somewhere, but doubt my travel budget would get me anywhere other than central Mass Sad

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Me

Kevin, Doesn't your company have some engineering asset in Cinci? That would need some of your attention around May? Wink Eliz, Then YOU would have a support team for the 10K! I kind of like the Flying Pig option, so far. Laurie, Happy Veterans Day Cheers, Mike
            dg.

I like the Pig. I even have a picture. not sure if I could, but it's definitely a possibility. thanks for the suggestion Stevie Ray. Linda, how about you? how's your ankle?
                Lopez, you cant suggest a race and then say I'm not in. Come on. We want you in too. Pick one you are avail for. Mike. Happy vets day to you too and thanks for serving! Kevin, OK then we run the mount wachuset road race straight up the side of the mountain. Are you in? Eliz, I just might take you up on that offer. I have another friend in NJ that I have been meaning to see too. Deb, ok if we all make it to the pig race then we all wear pink, Mike and Kev too. 7 miles today with my tri partner. She wants to train for a 10k so I offered my services as a running/training partner. We had a blast. I was inches from being hit by a car today. She came to a screaching halt inches from my left leg. I think I missed getting hit because I saw her out of the corner of my eye and leaped right to avoid her. Scarry. Everyone is in a big hurry. Her hitting me would have changed hers and my life. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

And not for the better. Somehow a race up the side of a mountain doesn't jump out as high on my list Wink Speaking of running together: Eliz--I'm going to be in Stafford tomorrow and Thursday. the house we're renting is in Forked River. Anywhere near you? I realize you most likely won't be there during the week, but when startup for this project hits, I will most likely be down over a weekend or two. a run along the ocean might be fun. Afraid we doen't do much in Ohio, much less Cinci. To be more specific on no travel budget, we have a DD who has her heart set on going to scholl in CA, in particular USC or UCLA. any FF miles and other travel budget will be going towards visits and (hopefully) back and forth at each end of the year. But I'll keep watching for some random meetings. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Kevin - I'm about 40 miles south of there, in Ocean City. I've never been to LBI - maybe when you're "down the shore" on a weekend, we could get together. No way I could keep up with you running, though! No running today. I'm at a boys' choral festival with almost 200 boys, grades 5-12 - mostly 5th & 6th graders. It's not even lunch yet, and I'm EXHAUSTED!!!! Going out to dinner with a former colleague tonight to catch up and unplug from all of this boy energy today!! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Me

I think I got about 3.5 miles in this morning. I got stopped dead in my tracks by a train stopped on the tracks. I had to turn around. Que Sera, sera. Would the east coast be easier to manage? If I'm going to go to Cincinatti, I may be able to go to New England. Just a thought. Cheers Mike