Masters Running

Saturday, June 7 Runs and Adventures (Read 40 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, Holly!  Side stitches are tough....way to be tougher!  As far as the pictures...I upload them to Facebook first, then I can copy them over to RA.

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats, Holly!  Side stitches are tough - I've gotten them at a few races.   I'm sure Renee and Tara will forgive you - I think they even forgave us both after Moab, which was tough for them!

I tried to do  my long run  yesterday, because the forecast looked better than today's, but the thunderstorms moved in even before I finished my first of two planned laps at Centennial Cone Park. So I only did 13.9 miles in 3 hours yesterday.    Today when I woke up, it was overcast, which is unusual for Colorado, and usually means it's going to rain all day.  But the clouds burned off and the sun came out, so I tried again to do a long run, and finished 25.3 miles in just over 6 hours in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  I think I'm not quite used to the altitude, since I've only been home from sea level for 3 days, but I felt strong at the end.   The Bighorn race is in 2 weeks, and I'll get to run twice that far!  Lucky me!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, but that cut off Renee...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

You can click on the picture and it will let you adjust the size.
            Mariposai

A La Tortuga sighting. Good luck with that 20 mile a week plan.

Shadowrunner, great to see you here.

I see that there is a lot to ready, but I am dead tired right now. The Winthrop marathon was a lot of fun. I have no idea what my time is, but I do know I ran more than 26.2 miles since I had a little detour up Fjordrunner's long driver to get her ...long story, but a fun one.

She ran with me 6.2 miles (she is starting to run again and doing a walk/run program). I am so thankful I had company since from mile 16 on the heat became intense and from there on was just survival mode, which was easy to do in such gorgeous scenery.

Marathon #32 in the bag and I am now so glad taper week is over 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

What, specifically, do you click on for that?

You can click on the picture and it will let you adjust the size.

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, you just drag the corners of the  picture in to resize it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I had no idea you could resize pictures by dragging them!  I have been clicking on the image and then the image icon and doing a resize.  Much easier if you can just eyeball it.

Mike E your high school "friends" were in an awkward spot and I suspect just lack the social graces to work through the situation with some level of panache.  Seeing as how you have not actually communicated with them in years I would cut them a bit of slack.  Of course, that assumes you think it is worth your effort to see about staying in contact with them!  If not, then just take their uncouth behavior however you like!  

Holly S. congratulations on another ultra.  I think it is a bit ultra crazy but to each his own!    Yeah, I just say that because I cannot do one.  

I ran 8 today with a friend of mine.  My legs are still not right.  I am going to take another week off from running.  Hopefully, next Saturday they will finally feel all healed up.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E - Hey, we didn't go to HS together, but I want to be your friend!!  Even without the tallboy beers!

Deez - {{{}}} cause I hate vertigo.  BTDT.

Holly, another greta ultra, and great picture!

Mari - wow, too much heat and want to hear your story.  You are getting a whole lot of marathons under your belt!

I did the club run today.... 7 miles, and I was huffing and puffing keeping up to a little pack of slowbies like myself.  But when I got home - my time was not so bad (it's good to run with others!).  Knee never hurt either .  So maybe that HM in two weeks is still doable.  Unfortunately, Goatboy (who lives near where the HM is) has "other" romantic interests now - that was an unexpected shock - for reasons I won't detail.....sniff.  Next!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Nice run today for Holly and Mariposai. Holly... if you don't have any real friends, who are those women you run these races with, travel with, plan with...? Seems strange. Not to mention what that makes me and DH....

Did a lot of cleanup in our apartment today. Can't believe the mess they left. Not just a little dirty, but downright filthy. Bleh. Even found larvae of some critter in a pile of goo under the stove. Double bleh. We'd hoped to have this place rented June 1, but we couldn't even show it. Had the carpets cleaned Friday and what a difference that makes, wow!

Gorgeous day though. Shame to spend so much time cleaning up after someone else. I did get in a late afternoon run of 10 miles though, and it was about 74° and sunny. I should've brought water or something, faded quite a bit at the end. After drinking lots and having a greek yogurt, I was still down 3 pounds from my starting weight. Although that's still only about 2% of starting body weight, I had a lot of water before I weighed... Just something you don't need to worry about so much during the winter (not that I'm complaining, btw).

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - well done in the heat, and great that you got to share some miles!

Twocat - you are wiser than most - hopefully your leg issue will heal with the extra rest.

Erika - time to start stashing water for runs.

Mike E

MM #5615

wild...thanks for explaining the picture resizing thing better....I couldn't think of the word..."drag"...

Twocat--you are absolutely correct.  When it comes to friendships...and just about anything else...you usually get out what you put in.

Posie--rest up so you can give us a report.

Oh--enke--Goatboy makes me mad.

Marathon Maniac #957

wild...thanks for explaining the picture resizing thing better....I couldn't think of the word..."drag"...

Twocat--you are absolutely correct.  When it comes to friendships...and just about anything else...you usually get out what you put in.

Posie--rest up so you can give us a report.

Oh--enke--Goatboy makes me mad.

+1

+1

+1

+1