Masters Running

Grandma Jeanne Takes On the Wisconsin Tough Mudder 9/7/14 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Jeanne, you are just incredible. There's no way in effing hell I'd do this. I am in awe of your spunk, strength and determination! You, my fren, are my new hero! Doing this with family, and in memory of your dear Sister? Priceless. Love, love, love the photos. Thanks to your DH for that.

Wow, Jeanne, this is an awesome report.  What an amazing race.  You look like a teenager, I love the photos!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

I had to regroup my brain when you said you were going to try and carry your 210 lb. son.  Holy cow!

And I, too, had to look close to see which one of the ladies was the "old" person.  You look fantastic, Jeanne.  My guess is more than just your youngins were looking at your with pride.  Way to show the world that age is only a matter of mind.

A heck of a report, an amazing accomplishment . . . . and now you're looking at next year.  Good for you!!

PS- What would your back doctor think of all this?  *snork!*

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mrrun

jlynne - congrats on both race and race report.  you look great, but i can't believe you signed up for a second one - wow!

Jlynne, what a great adventure.  You are one tough lady.  The pictures, posted by wild, are fantastic.  Congratulations.

TomS

camille2

Great job!  I don't usually peak in here, but I'm glad I did.  Great pics!

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow!  You are amazing!  And you are way tougher than I am!  Great job!  This does sound like a sort of fun race, in a seriously masochistic way, but I don't know if I would be brave enough to take it on.  I am so impressed!  And I agree with Kevin - no way do you look 62.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

This has been something I’ve always wanted to do too but there’s never been one near enough by to bother.  It sounded fun when ilene once reported on one but I had no idea there’d be 14 obstacles instead of just some slimy mud and a wall to climb over. It made me sure that I’m too old for it now and yours will have to suffice, . . except I have no doubt you’ll be coming back even in ten years as a great-grandma too.  I hope your sis’s kids were duly appreciative too.
                  1 -  -  "Balls to the Walls"
                  2 -  - "Warrior Carry"   
                  3 -  - "Hold Your Wood"
                  4 -  - "Twinkle Toes"
                  5 -  - "Berlin Walls"
                  6 -  - "Pyramid Scheme"
                  7 -  - "Arctic Enema"
                  8 -  - "Prairie Dog"
                  9 -  - "Devil's Beard"
                  10 - "Pole Dancer"
                  11 - "Funky Monkey"
                  12 - "Walk the Plank."   
                  13 - "Fire in the Hole."
                  14 - "Electroshock Therapy."

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)