Masters Running

9/23/15 - Joyful Marathon Wednesday (Read 35 times)

(waving) Hi to La T!

Loved the travel tales, Tet!  Don't change a thing!

After suffering through 4 days of the flu, I started to think maybe starting the running streak was fine, but in combination with commuting to work on foot every day (6 miles RT), it was too much of a ramp-up, too quickly.  I was running or walking 7 to 10 miles/day, according to the pedometer on my iPhone...and I don't really count walking as exercise, but you add it up and, well, I got sick.

So, since I am determined to quit driving to work, and I live up a big honkin' hill, I think I will save up & buy an electric bike.  Yeah! That's the ticket!  And will rethink the streak...

SteveP

I think I'd love Japan too.

Yeouch Deez!

SteveP

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Jon,

Great run at Hiratsuka.  I sure do like that little park, though it is a lot of laps to go round and round.  I wish I could have joined you there too.

I do enjoy our walking chats.

If your back in Japan the end of January, maybe I can get Sue, Josh (son) and Chelsea (DIL) to do some laps around the Imperial palace or Hiratsuka Park.

Safe travels back to the states.  I'll be thinking about you and the Joyful runners in Portland on 10/4.  Wish I was gong to be there too.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")