Masters Running

Wet Wednesday's Daily, 12.3.14 (Read 36 times)

This morning, it was about 30° and there was a little wind.  The weather people on TV were talking about freezing rain and slippery roads.  It didn't look bad from inside so I went out the door.  There was a light mist and some slippery spots on the driveway.  It was back in the house for my Yaks.  I didn't slip at all on my run and don't know if it was the Yaks or that the roads weren't bad.  At any rate, I got in 5 miles at an 11:42 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

It's always fun to put a voice to the face!  Thanks for posting the video, Steve.

Roch - Hmm . . . I'm trying to imagine that conversation: "Uh, well, sir, you're right.  We did tell you we lost it.  Um, well, sir, um, that was a lie.  Um, well, you see, um . . . we wrecked it."  Hope they had good insurance coverage. 

I'm rootin' for the beavers!!  Hire C-R to represent them!

I'm in the midst of transcribing, so gotta go, but it was 50 min of core/ST for me whilst watching a Christmas movie.  I'm trying hard to get into the spirit . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

A quick post here to share that I did have a chance 4 miles during my lunch hour today. Still very cold around here, but it should get warmer by tomorrow.

Visitors number two left today and visitor number three arrived tonight. Loving it.

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

So who is visitor #3, Mariposai? Glad you got out for a run today....

Haha, Leslie, I wouldn't touch that "positions" comment from Tet either... We got a new bed several years ago and still like it.

The phrase "re-entry is tough" takes on a whole new meaning when you come home from Kauai to Fairbanks during a snowstorm. Spent the day catching up on work stuff, got delayed getting out for my run and finally left after 5:30... Yay, cold, dark, snowy and late! JTWILI, right? (no)

6.2 miles, slogging through the snow for 2 of those miles....

Marathon Maniac #957

The phrase "re-entry is tough" takes on a whole new meaning when you come home from Kauai to Fairbanks during a snowstorm.

No doubt...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."