Masters Running

Friday already? 8.10.12 (Read 383 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all,

I've got to make this quick because DW and I are going out to breakfast - we go to our favorite local dive once each weekend (we like to support the friendly owners, and the food is good and cheap), but we'll be away at a wedding this weekend, so today is our only shot.

6.41 racewalking miles with 70F temps, a dew point in the upper 60s, and a shroud of morning fog. I started easy and worked my way into my workout, and had decent splits for the last 3-4 miles. I had a little ache on my right hip that I'm going to have to pay attention to so it doesn't settle in and stay for a while.

Good luck to this weekend's racers and runners and Olympics watchers!!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Enjoy your breakfast Jay!

No run this am. I came into work at 3:00am to begin the removal of a product dryer. My life is pretty much on hold now for the next 40 days. The upside is that with the overtime I should be able to pay off my new garage.

Hoping to take part in a local 5k tonight.

Enjoy the day!

I'd love to join Jay for breakfast.  I'm starving!

3:00 a.m., Slo?  Ugh!

I intended to get up and run this a.m., but my dad was coming so I can take him to get his back shots, and The Hub went to an AA meeting.  Since Dad doesn't have a house key (he lost it) , guess who had to stick around?  Will run after work tonight if my resolve doesn't leave me.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Woke up too late to run.  Darn, I was really looking forward to it.  I guess my body needed the sleep.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

King of PhotoShop

"I remember how it used to feel

riding down ole two mile hill

tennis shoes up on the handlebars

Payin' no mind to the passin' cars

No doubts, no fears

Just like when you are here

No chains, no strings

No fences, no walls

No net, just you,

to catch me when I fall.

Look cops.

No clothes."

And so it continues to go with my favorite singer.  Too bad for him.

5.5 miles at easy pace, a bit cooler today with a breeze.  Here it is low 80's and people were acting like it was 60 degrees.

What was the nickname of the late 1980's WBA fighter James Smith?

Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Bonecrusher!

But that wasn't fair, because I looked it up....(sigh)....I wish I actually knew more of these....

My kitchen cabinets are here!  In boxes all over my living room.  I'm working from home today so I could be here when they arrived.  Installation begins Monday.  We have taken out all the kitchen cabinets already except for the lower part that has the sink and dishwasher.  It will be hard not having a kitchen sink for a while.

10 untimed miles for me this morning. 

Outdoor concert tonight with a big group of friends - should be fun!

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

And so it continues to go with my favorite singer.  Too bad for him.

Poor Randy - you'd think if you were going to drink and drive you'd be smart enough to wear clothes in case you got pulled over....

Have a good time at the wedding Jay.

Ouch Slo! Next thing we know you'll be telling us you got up at 2 so you could ride your bike to work! Good luck with the 5k - you might need a nap before you run Smile

Holly - pictures of the new cabinets when they're installed please!

6.9 miles this morning, 9:27 pace. We had a full day of rain yesterday - around 2 inches total. This morning the temp was a comfortable 53° with 20 mph winds out of the northeast. Nothing like cooler temps to put a little spring back in your step. Congrats to the US women's soccer team. I heard on the national news last night that out of the 39 gold medals the US has won, the women are responsible for like 27 of them Big grin

Henrun

Accompanied Marj for part of her bike commute to work. Since it was "Friday bike to work" we stopped on the way for a light breakfast supplied by a local bike advocacy group. Returned home and went for a muggy 3 mile run-a bit faster than usual. Will head to the Y shortly to stretch those muscles in yoga.
                  TammyinGP

I was hungry until I read Tet's smorgasboard menu on yesterday's thread. okay, the cornflakes and fruit salad would work for me. . . . Joking

went out for about 3.7 miles last night. Very hot again. But this should make my fall training seem easier right? That's the plan at least.

have a good day!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tet, that breakfast menu really makes me miss Japanese food!  But I never turn down rice - it's one of my favorite foods.

Holly, good luck with your kitchen project.  No fun having your kitchen torn up, but it'll be great when it's done.

Good luck to Slo at your 5k, and good luck to the rest of the weekend racers.  Looks like a short list, but Dove will make up for the rest of us slackers by running mega miles:

08/12 Dove - Hamster Run 24-hour. Lake Padden,  WA

08/12 Mike E - MDRA 15K, Edina, MN

08/12 Ileneforward - Playa del Run 5k, Dockweiler beach, CA

I had a beautiful run this morning!  6.25 miles at a 9:24 avg pace in Bear Creek Lake Park. It was fairly cool, and there were some low clouds in the east blocking the direct sun but the rest of the sky was blue.  I saw a little boy jumping up and down on the dock squealing "Daddy!  You caught a fish!!"  I startled a heron that was standing in the shallow water in the lake, and it flew off across the lake.  I was whistled at by some prairie dogs.   It's a wonderful world!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

I was hungry until I read Tet's smorgasboard menu on yesterday's thread. okay, the cornflakes and fruit salad would work for me. . . . Joking

I have to admit that some of those items really were not appealing to me....  vinegar squid and cucumbers, 7.  crunchy boiled jellyfish strips,
                        8. cold tofu squares sprinkled with dried bonito flakes

Countertops not to be installed until 8/24 - two weeks without a sink - ouch!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Yes, Bonecrusher it is.  What was funny was that the 5 of us there that night all looked at each other as if to say, "Do you know it?  Because I sure don't."  Then my friend said, "I don't know it, but for some reason the name Bonecrusher comes to mind." And having no better guess we laughed and wrote it down, and it was right!  Spareribs

Randy, Randy, Randy.  It might be time to check yourself into rehab.  Obviously, things are going very wrong in your life.  Don't let alcohol totally destroy what you've accomplished and who you are.

Okay -

Tet's list - some things looked good.  Others - not so much.

Wildchild's run sounded spectacular!

Holly - Me thinks the bathtub is going to be used for something other than bathing.  Good luck!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Tammy, fruit salad and cornflakes for lunch? wow, you are making me feel very guilty...you should see what I ate for lunch...nope and I am not going to confess.

Ribs, what happened to your favorite singer?  Nice lyrics, btw.

Have a fun time at the wedding, Jay. Eat a lot of cake for us.

Erika, no news from Socks?

I hope everyone is having a great Friday. This morning I ran an easy, timeless, no music, no garmin, nothing but the fresh cool air for 7 miles of hills. Then it was work until one.  Now we are heading off to the mountains for the rest of the day. Twenty seven years ago today, my DH and I said "I do" in three different languages. My DH asked me where I wanted to go for dinner tonight. To the woods, was my answer. So off we go to pick some huckleberries, then to have a picnic at a glacier fed lake. No restaurant could bit that setting!

Go racers go!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Happy Anniversary, Mariposai!  I proposed to my DW in a different language-Does that count?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me