Masters Running

Last Sunday of 2007 (Read 817 times)

PBJ, it's nice to see you. Smile Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Yes, yes. Quite, quite.
      wildchild

Carolyn

Well, its cold and windy, so back to running round and round at the rec center track. 4.5 miles in 45 minutes, including a sproinky barefoot 4th mile in 9:30.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Seven slow miles in 40 degree paradise. I saw the contents of a plastic bag strewn along the side of the road. The evidence included several pairs of ladies' undergarments, a couple women's fitness magazines, some mail, and a few small stuffed animals. My best guess: girlfriend broke up with boyfriend, and boyfriend chucked the memories. Tselbs resides here? Woo hoo, this is the place to be!
          and "slow" for you would be.......???? I'm outing you, PBJ, in a shameless attempt to show that we CRers do not stick together and therefore curry favor with our new friends here at RA who have been so kind to put up with our invasion. You'd best post some photos of you in your running gear soon to get in their good graces! grins, A
          Masters 2000 miles
          TammyinGP

Got in a great outdoor run today. It's been quite awhile since I ran outdoors, but today was dry and cool, about 40, so good running temps. I ran 10 miles and felt like I could have kept going, except I was starting to get chilly and I was only about 20 min from it being too dark out to run along the roads, so decided I better finish it off. I doubt I'll run tomorrow, so that rounds out my month and my year! Cool

Tammy

evanflein

0 to -4F... 12.1 frosty miles was all I could muster. Had DH take a photo of me and my very frosty eyelashes, but it's on my new camera and I'm not sure how to pull it offa there. Maybe tomorrow. Goal today was 14-15, but it wasn't going to happen. Dead legs, various cold-cramps here and there, just tired. Too many late nights this holiday break; too much red meat, too I think. Nice to see PBJ here! Dark Horse, hope it works...
                chilly tucson morning... had to keep wiping the frost off of my... the frost off... ok, there was no frost anywhere to be found. probably got down to 35f. Roll eyes was planning to run 17; 14 with the group and then 3 afterwards... but the young fast kid wanted to play when we got to the 10 mile mark, so i took off with him and quickly forgot that crazy 17 idea. we ran the last two at my marathon pace, and i couldn't hear him breathing... dang it. so we hit 13.5... it'll have to do. jjj, just get darker shades, dude. Cool pbj, your powers of intuition and logic astound, as always. congrats on the interview.
                mustang sally

Bad faerie

14 miles in wind, sleet, and occasional sunshine today. I managed to plan the run well, so that the 45 minutes at MP were spent along the shoreline of the Strait with a tail wind. I am mighty fast, downhill, with a tail wind. OA 9:00, fast segment at about 8:30. Took an ice bath afterward. I didn't die. Wanted to, but didn't.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

0 to -4F... Had DH take a photo of me and my very frosty eyelashes
                    Too bad you don't have a mustache or beard! Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

PBJ is here!!!!!!! And Tom White is back up to snuff!!!!! This place keeps getting better. Sneaky 23 min.....No idea how far I went.

SteveP