Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 7.9.13 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Just a quick fly-by this morning to check in.

No workout for me this morning 'cause I have some leg fatigue from a lot of bending up and down that I did yesterday, and I have an early and busy day. So it goes.

I posted some information for Leslie (and anyone else who is interested) about walking fast and efficiently. It was too much stuff for the daily, so look for Walking 101.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Hi Jay - rest up and thanks for the race walking 101 post.

2.1 early miles for me and off on a business trip to DC. I will run on the Potomac path tonight after meetings which should be fun. Orthodics came yesterday. First time for me. I wonder if this will help.

Only two weekends until my solo relay marathon and fitness check. Big grin

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Uh oh--the high is up to 80 in North Bend on Sunday...
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mike--glad to see that you've found something to distract you from the bats and snakes.

4 miles for me this morning.  At 66°, it felt almost cool.  Of course, based on the fog, I would guess that we were at 100% humidity.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

King of PhotoShop

Break them in slowly C-R.

Early run for me as I have a UK conference call in a few minutes. Got 5 in and felt fine, so the legs seem okay after my race.  Spareribs

Tramps

Holly—a chip off the old block!  Congrats to DD.  That must have been fun to watch.

Byll—Ah, I didn’t know about the interim move, which makes sense now.

Quick post for me, too.  EZ 7 in a little less hot weather.  Clouds kept the temps down a bit.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Uh oh--the high is up to 80 in North Bend on Sunday...

Don't worry. You will be running in the forest. Beside, WA State West side weather can change rapidly. The East Side, where I live it is expected to be record high all week!

I am sorry for the short post. I am rather busy this week. No running yet. I am still very, very tired from the trek, as it is expected. I will be fine by Sunday, but no running today either.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Easy 5 in the high humidity for me this a.m. Some work around the house then off to order Linda's head stone. Have a great day everyone and stay cool! Clark

wildchild

Carolyn

Yesterday I ran 12 trail miles in 75° heat, to practice for the Tunnel marathon.  It was actually not too bad, since I took it slow!   This morning I got up early and ran 5 trail miles before work, at a pleasant 60°.    It was only 51° at my house, but I drove partway down the canyon before stopping to run.  And low humidity, of course.  I sure love Colorado.  And have I mentioned we don't really have bugs here?  A few flies, but no mosquitoes.

Holly, congrats to DD and her team!  And sorry about the dentist bill - we don't have dental insurance, and it can add up quick.

Runr/ Clark - good to see you posting regularly.  I'm sure running will help you through the difficult days ahead.

Happy trails, everyone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

It was only 51° at my house, but I drove partway down the canyon before stopping to run.  And low humidity, of course.  I sure love Colorado.  And have I mentioned we don't really have bugs here?  A few flies, but no mosquitoes.

Can you send me a good link to real estate listings? Wink  This sounds like heaven right now.

Be safe. Be kind.

Back from almost a week at the cabin with the kids.  I, sadly, only ran once, yesterday.  It was pretty warm the other days, but mainly I just wanted to spend time with the kids, instead of going off for two hours every day to run.

runr nut, so sorry to hear about your wife's battle with cancer.  Hope you can find some healing.

Did I mention my car broke down over a week ago, and I was stranded, stayed in a hotel, had the car towed to a shop.  Had to call stbx and get him to pick me up the next day.  Now the shop won't fix the car because they can't duplicate the problem with it.  So I have to drive down to Olympia tomorrow (on my vacation), and drive the car around for 1 to 2 hours until the transmission starts slipping again, then pull it into their shop while it is acting up.  Nope, not happy about this at all.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

breger, I feel worn out from reading about your moving.  Twocat, nice racing.  Holly, what a bummer about your teeth.  On the brighter side, congrats to your daughter and her team.

Nice long runs for Twocat and wild.

This morning, it was about 70°, almost calm, and 100% humidity.  I struggled through 8 miles at an 11:11 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

I, sadly, only ran once, yesterday.  It was pretty warm the other days, but mainly I just wanted to spend time with the kids, instead of going off for two hours every day to run.

Not sad at all - family is more important.  Sometimes, anyway...Joking

Another busy day with no time to post.  The family is waiting for me to watch part of Jack the Giant Slayer....

6.2 easy-paced miles for me this morning in 72 degrees and 98%.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great day here in OOB - started off with taking Baby Maria to mass at 9am while letting the rest of the family sleep in!!

Later in the day went out for 25+ miles on the bike, then quick change of shoes and break and off to run 4.2 miles in 36:54 - very pleased with that!!  Rehydrated and had an IsaLean Pro shake, hung out with youngest DS and his gf for awhile then went down to the ocean for a swim in my wetsuit .....now I am officially TERRIFIED for my Olympic Tri in August!!  I have problems with motion sickness and the water can be a challenge -- well the ocean is even more of a challenge!!  I was so dizzy and nauseous when I was done -- how am I ever going to get on my bike and ride 24.8 then run 6.2 for the tri????Shocked

Leslie - I was going to say to you many tri's offer relay options so you can have 2 or 3 on a team each doing either the swim, bike or run leg --- right now -- I am wishing I had a swimmer!!Roll eyes

Jay - looking forward to reading Walking 101

Now to enjoy some peace and quiet in my camper -- think I am going to be alone now until my dh returns Friday afternoon and I have to say after having a full camper all weekend I am going to enjoy the quiet!!

denise

MM #7877

This is what 723 miles does to a shoe...

Shoe

Philippians 4:13.