Masters Running

Wednesday's Pre-Thanksgiving Daily, 11.26.14 (Read 31 times)

Mariposai

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Happy thanksgiving to you, bro. Give my sistahh a big hug for me!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Wow, it has been quite a month so far what with first Mustang Sally and now OrangeMat returning to the fold. Welcome back both of you -- you have been missed (even though I've kept up with your exploits via Facebook).

Tet, they stopped manufacturing Gremlins in the 1970s so I doubt that she still has one. 

Holly, I had the route to your house all mapped out on my GPS until I saw that there was no turkey on the menu, so I guess we'll fix our own dinner tomorrow. But feel free to ship me any leftover pecan pie! Neither my DW nor DS like pie much at all, but my MIL always bakes a pumpkin pie which ends up split between the two of us.

On a related subject, I am definitely not in favor of those new regulations where restaurants will have to post calories for all their menu items. The problem is that there are times when I am really in the mood for a slice of key lime pie or some somewhat rich dessert when eating out, or even a treat at the Dairy Queen in summer. I really don't care about the calories and don't need to, but if a big number is right there staring me in the face I'm going to have a tough time ignoring it. Ignorance is bliss and I'd rather remain ignorant!

I'm continuing to stay off the knee as much as possible, so it's been all cross-training lately. Monday I did a spinning class; Tuesday was for swimming; and today it was a strength workout at Planet Fitness. I might have to cut back on tomorrow's feast, however, since my aerobic workouts will be curtailed for a while yet.

Rich, should you be spinning on that knee?  Oh, lemon mereingue please ( and a fine for spelling). I went grocery shopping once this month. MrStar does all of that. He will cook for just the two of us. Holly, wow! Run a marathon to work that all off. Woo- your lies sound good. My last pecan pie was a flop so we at it ourselves and it tasted great. Sour cream raisin was a hit at the church.

Survery went well today and no pain,,, yet! Wil see tomorrow, I have Norco. I had a. Great orchestra concert last night, it was fun. I makes at least one mistake

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Still no running for me yet ..... volunteered again at the Feaster Five Expo for our running group's Thanksgiving Day race.  Didn't stick around to rub elbows with our celebrities - we have the Hoyts, Joan Samuelson, Bill Rodgers, John Young and Dave M as our VIPs again this year!!   Instead, I came home to make 2 lasagnas - 1 for the family and 1 for work family and spend some time with my delicious little granddaughter!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow my friends -- hope I get to help deliver a fat, little butterball baby!! 

denise

To anybody that thinks they are going to like the canned cranberry sauce better than my recipe all I can say is try mine before laying any bets.   Yes, it is that good.

Like a great many others I am signed up for the turkey trot tomorrow, along with a few thousand of my neighbors. Fast it will not be. Fortunately, the ice and snow we were supposed to get never materialized so at least the footing will be okay, if not great.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Good luck to Holly S. with getting that menu done by Christmas! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/