Masters Running

Weds 7/30...thinking about Mr Ribs, and runs and such (Read 458 times)

Twocat -- I know, I'll walk around Staten Island holding your article up (and I'll be wearing something with Red Sox insignia, of course, as well) so we'll be sure to find each other.
    lol Aamos if you have something with a Red Sox insignia on there is no point in my looking for you! A corpse, or what will be left of it, is not all that good a conversationalist!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

behind again & no time to catch up.... Ribs & the Saint. All the very best wishes for you tomorrow. We'll be watching for those updates. Jeanne, good to see you posting, I was wondering about you. Happy birthday! I'm sorry you're still having problems! I recently spent 6 months on the DL, along with a few blips since. Since that's the only thing at which I'm really experienced Roll eyes my best advice is to start with no particular distance in mind, stopping at the first hint of pain. You may not get far but you don't want to set yourself back further. I don't know much about what's going on with you... you said your hip, didn't you? {{{ }}}

King of PhotoShop

Happy Wednesday Boomers. Haven't posted in quite a while - on the DL just like Holly. But, today is my 56th birthday so after two weeks of taking it easy, popping glucosamine chondroitin and drinking whey protein shakes, massages, acupuncture, etc. I decided to give it a go...couldn't even get four miles before the pain was so bad I had to stop and walk. So - for all of you running out there complaining about slow times, doing speed workouts, etc., put in a couple of miles for me. I'd give anything to be doing what you're doing. Cry Jeanne
        Hey, how did you sneak this birthday past us this late in the day! Holly, do us a favor and mention this early on Thursday will you? (I will be busy.) Jeanne, happy birthday. Spareribs
          Despite a stiff & sore hamstring I went to a cross country race tonight. It's the 1st of a 4 week summer series, tonight just a 1.9 mile run on the middle school course. I took nice & easy slowly picking up speed as the hammy loosened up but being careful not to hurt it. Not much time tonight I will finish tomorrow morning since I'm off work.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

First off best of luck tomorrow Ribs 8 miles in 85 degrees 1:10:00 8:45 pace overall. This is my MP day and I hit the middle 5 pretty close but not real consistant. Much better than last Wednesdays attempt though. 2 mile warm up and then 8:01 (little fast) , 8:13, 8:16, 8:34, 8:38 (little slow) then 1 mile cool down During these warm days I try to drink water all day long and then usually 2 20oz glasses during the hour before I go and then about 4oz every 2 miles. Even if I am not thirsty I drink every 2 miles and this has kept me comfortable . During the cooler months I rarely carry water unless I am over 12 miles. DickyG, My son is in the Air Force Thanks for asking. He was stationed at Witchitaw Falls TX but is on his way to Altus Air Base in Ok. He is coming home to pick up his new bride to take her with him. They got married in June just after he got through boot camp and have not seen each other since. I may not get much time with him on this visit Wink if he/s anything like his father anyway Cool Good runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Maniac 505

hey ribs, I am so looking forward to hearing about your recovery and how your times start marching down lots of us lurkers will be logging in tomorrow to follow the progress, I know it will go well I had a Dr. appointment yesterday for my foot. got another steroid shot, he said go slow after I am pain free, He said January might be a good marathon to aim for. Bet I will beat that? Dave
                lol Aamos if you have something with a Red Sox insignia on there is no point in my looking for you! A corpse, or what will be left of it, is not all that good a conversationalist!
                Do not forget, I am from Detroit and tough. I lived there in 1967. On 7 mile Road. I can handle Noo Yawkers.
                Masters 2000 miles
                evanflein

Happy Birthday Jeanne!! You are a sneaky one. Sure hope you're feeling better soon... SteveP, so sorry to hear about the dog biting incident. Hope there's no legal (or other) fallout from that. I've had amazing luck with the weather lately. It'll be cloudy, cool and rainy or drizzly in the morning, and clear up just in time for my lunchtime run. Today it didn't, but that's ok cuz I was running after work. It was just awful earlier today, but by mid afternoon it cleared up a bit and although it was pretty windy it was still pretty nice. I left from my office and went out towards the big hill we climb in the Equinox. It was an out-and-back route with the way out having an uphill trend (some steep parts) and brisk headwind. You never saw any runner so happy to turn around as this one was!! Second half was the reverse and a strong negative split! I added some more distance just to get to DH's office and he took me home. Sweet run. Mile splits: 8:25, 8:21, 8:11, 8:32, 8:17, 7:37, 8:09, 7:55, 7:57, 7:38, 8:04, 8:16 (last .2 mile) Best wishes, 'Ribs! We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow...