Masters Running

Sun Aug 10th Daily Runs (Read 444 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Halllar, you're amazing, running 17 miles backwards! Tramps, I liked your deer story. Yesterday as I was running downhill toward my house, I saw a deer just standing in the road looking at me. When I got a little closer it moved about 10 feet off the road, but then turned and continued looking at me as I passed. I was surprised it didn't bolt as they usually do. (This was the lap I was running without the dogs, which made a big difference). Carpy 4.5 mile run this afternoon on dead legs. I was planning to do 7 miles, but had no energy at all, even on the downhills. So I turned it into a raspberry run. I ran past several big raspberry patches and pigged out. So the run wasn't a total loss! I left the dogs at home, as we had all gone for a hike this morning in the local state park. Happy Olympics watching!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

DickyG- Glad you are enjoying the olympics. As the coach of an olympic sport (volleyball) I alwasys love watching. I went to the olympics in Atlanta and it was an amazing experience. The US is not a power in team handball btw. Holly- Isn't it something how aware of your body you become after an injury? If you need some rain I have a few gallons I can loan you, not sure we have had a completely rain free day this month. I have been plugging away with our kitchen remodel. Paint, cabinets, floor and new appliances are in, countertops on the 22nd and tiling the backsplashes scheduled for Sunday the 24th. I have been gaining valuable experience in home improvement and enjoying the process. I will post before and after pictures when everything is done. My life gets very busy 1 week from today with volleyball preseason, starting, then teaching and grad classes starting shortly after. Time management will be critical. Oh yeah and 6 easy miles with DW today.
      busiman

Running out of mistakes!

I enjoyed reading all the runs...and especially glad to see SpareRibs hitting those nap intervals hard! Under a bit of time pressure I pushed harder than planned for my long run this morning. I managed to get 19 miles in at under 7:30 pace, the last hour or so was at marathon pace. So far I'm very happy with how much legs have responding to a tougher training plan.
        -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
        also on Twitter
        munchkn883

Got in 3.5 yesterday evening....it rained and felt soooooo good!