Masters Running

Wed. Apr. 30 Mstr/Bmr Rns (Read 486 times)

{{{{{{{{ Erika}}}}}}} Wa t tapr brgr! Welcome annied Went out for my mid week 8 miler with the intent of running how I feel so after I turned on the watch I flipped it over and just ran. It turned out to be right on MP or 9 minute mile pace. My first couple miles were 9:30ish and the middle ones were under 9s with a 9:30ish to finish up. Total time 1:11:36 . I love running like this no pressure to slow down or speed up just listen to the music. I also tried a little thing Tall mentioned yesterday. He said something about lifting his heals with old insole pieces to relieve his achillies and calf issues. I tried this tonight and it seems to have help some what. I havebeen having a few aches and pains inthose areas myself. Thanks Tall Good runs everone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

how's the house organizing coming along Holly? Everything all unpacked and in its proper place? Cool
      Well, we don't actually get the keys until next Monday, and we just found out that THEIR closing on THEIR new house has been delayed, and they may have to leave all their belongings in our garage for a while... Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

oh gosh - I thought since you closed, that meant they were out and you were in. I'm assuming that if they are leaving their stuff in your garage for awhile, that means you offered to let them do that? I don't think you are under an obligation to do that, but of course, it is the nice thing to do. Especially, when something is kind of out of their control like a delay in their other closing. It would be a drag for them to have to put stuff in storage for a short period of time. Sort of inconvenient for you guys though as I'm sure the garage is where you'd like to just move all your stuff as you work on unpacking and putting it all away.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Sort of inconvenient for you guys though as I'm sure the garage is where you'd like to just move all your stuff as you work on unpacking and putting it all away.
          Yup, you got it right there. DH is taking Tuesday off work with a buddy and planned on moving everything he could that day and have us sleeping there that night. He figured he'd move all non-furniture items into the garage, and then I would spend the next few days slowly unpacking into the house, putting everything where it belongs the first time, so we don't have to live in a litter of boxes. However, I feel bad for these people and the difficulties they are having with their closing, so if they need to use the garage for a few days or a week, I'll make the best of it (and unpack very quickly). Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly I have a few items that I would also like to store in your garage if it isn't too much trouble Tongue 8.2 easy miles to the gym, then a nice hard head clearing weight workout with DW...and she was nice enough to give me a ride home!!! How lucky can one guy get? We even got to see a couple of the people we have nicknamed at the gym during the workout, now that's entertainment.
              Back from work and I have a few minutes to comment so here goes: Congratulations on another speedwork session done and over with CNY. My sympathies on the freezing weather and/or snow: hopeful, nonoruns, mrwhite, dg., SueT, tselbs, and evanflein. Please do not send any of it towards CT! enkephalin glad to see you are feeling better. Too bad running cannot cure colds! TammyinGP good luck with getting yourself cured fast!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

munchkn883

3.5 miles this evening. Felt really good to get out!