Masters Running

Monday 4.14.14 (Read 39 times)

Yesterday I started out in wind pants over my long running pants, but got hot so I took off the wind pants and left them on a tree branch.  I picked them up on the way home and tied them around my waist.  Is that acceptable?   If it matters, it was snowing hard, and no one saw me. 

...ok, now you're just In Denial..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

We had a little 5K Saturday and I won a $50 running store gift cert. for my 20:45. 

Sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Sorry but I have to chime in here again.  20:45 is exactly 7 minutes a mile, and Aamos is exactly (or thereabouts) 60 something years old.  What a sensational time for her in the 5K.  Nice going!  Spareribs

C-R

Yesterday I started out in wind pants over my long running pants, but got hot so I took off the wind pants and left them on a tree branch.  I picked them up on the way home and tied them around my waist.  Is that acceptable?   If it matters, it was snowing hard, and no one saw me. 

I've seen someone running with pants tied around their head like a bandana so you're ok (in my book but ribs is the official on these issues).

Nice 5k Aamos!

Holly - nice pics of kids on course while you're mowing grass. Smart girls.

Sorry Dave. Water leaks are no fun.

Meetings in Detroit today so 7 hours in the car. Time to hit the treadmill for a couple of miles. I know I should take a day off but I can't seem to do it. Seems wrong somehow.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Sorry but I have to chime in here again.  20:45 is exactly 7 minutes a mile, and Aamos is exactly (or thereabouts) 60 something years old.  What a sensational time for her in the 5K.  Nice going!  Spareribs

Yes--that was definitely something to come back and chime in on.  Incredible!

Henrun

Hanry and Marge, ever go to the Cloisters when you're in NY?  Hope you are having a good time.  What did you do when Passover fell during the marathon, as it does this year, in terms of nutrition and getting enough carbs?  I can't imagine just matzoh, unless you have some really great recipes.

Never been to the Cloisters but would love to go sometime. We are having a wonderful time.

Re carbs: I refuse to answer on the grounds that it would incriminate me. Actually I had a "waiver".

Mariposai

Whitey, one of my running club buddies, a real Yankee from Rhode Island came up to me and said: "Good run.  I didn't know ya had that in ya."  Neither did I!

A

Impressive!!! Just impressive!!!

The plan was 10 miles tonight, I ran only 7 because I was just too hungry to keep on running. So, I ran home and I had a great dinner. .

The bloody moon is sure gorgeous tonight!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thank you all for all your patience.

I’ve never been accused of having infinite patience, if any, but it I did, it would for you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

We won't even see the blood moon for a couple of hours. Here it is, 9:17 and the sun hasn't even set. It'll be after 10 before it gets dark, closer to 11 before we'll probably see much. But... looking forward to it if I can stay up that late.

Aamos is amazing. Sweet time there, A dear. You always bring a smile when I read your posts. So, how are you adapting to being cat folks after so many Frank years?

Good DMN article, Ribs.

I've never done the pants around the waist (or neck), but I've been tempted to. Now I'm running in my capris, and next step is shorts. Felt so good to pack away the balaclava, neck gaitors and heavy gloves!

Dave, how was your treadmill?? We sometimes get a small "lake" (i.e. large puddle) in our garage from a leaky roof drain. I'm always concerned that my treadmill not be "in the zone" when that happens. So far, so good!

What a crazy day today. I wrapped up so many things today but it was go, go, go all day long. Worked thru lunch, finally left for my run just after 5:30. It was still really nice out, sunny and upper 40's, might have been 50. I ran 6.1 miles at just under 8:30 pace, ending up at DH's office where I took the car back up the hill to my office, grabbed my stuff and went back for him. Long day, and tomorrow will be even longer. From there, the rest of the week is a bit better, but this is really a busy time for us.

We could get snow tomorrow night. Not much, but definitely NOT wanted!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - nice pics of kids on course while you're mowing grass. Smart girls.

Thanks, but actually it was my daughter and I playing golf, while my husband and son were mowing grass.  I showed my husband the photos we took and he posted from my phone.  He hasn't quite got the smart phone thing down.